Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 19:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Exclusive Motors, Delhi : Shoddy service & unhappy Lamborghini owners in India

I for one believe its less to do with the parent company and more related to the dealer. Dealers appointed from a well reputed group do a superlative job. Case in point Shaman. I've had nothing but great experiences with them be it sales or service for the Honda or the VW. Yet to find out about the Mercedes. Also it is absolutely the need of the hour that experienced technicians from the parent company do rotations of 6 to 12 months at these dealerships in order to keep the quality of work at world standards.
Old 26th August 2011, 21:44   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Exclusive Motors, Delhi : Shoddy service & unhappy Lamborghini owners in India

Quality Check for the cars is something VAG maybe doing very well, but what they need to do on an urgent basis is Quality Check for their dealers. Otherwise it could soon become ‘Garland in Monkey’s Hand’ scenario.
Old 27th August 2011, 00:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

but isn't this a bit more than co-incidence??

1. Skoda
2. Volkswagen
3. Porsche
4. Audi
5. Lamborghini
6. Bentley

These are the premium brands in india which have not been remotely interested in after sales services of their vehicles. (not too sure about bentley - and i don't think bugatti will face that problem)
let's see the fine print in the company's profile - i am sure they must have mentioned it somewhere - please buy the vehicle at your own risk. anything that goes wrong with the vehicle is your fault. and we will rectify it only if we please and yes!! we will charge you a bomb for it!!
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 01:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am well aware of the Audi Shreyans fiasco but let me add that as an Audi owner for the past year & a half , i am extremely satisfied with the A.S.S of Audi Mumbai West (personal experience of course). So atleast as far as Mumbai is concerned, let all the Audi A.S.S questionable nonsense be laid to rest.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 27th August 2011 at 01:01.
Old 27th August 2011, 01:01   #20
Team-BHP Support

Exclusive Motors requires one very important thing: Competition!

The moment there is another dealer in town that is ready to retail Lamborghinis, watch EM pull up their socks, dust off the paper work, and get down to business.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 06:27   #21
BHPian

One would think, owning a Lambo would get you VIP service not some idiots ripping up your car. The Rs. 100k+ advance is absolutely ridiculous.

Since we've brought up service issues with the VAG group, I have had issues on two occasions with Mumbai West service, one was a knocking in the suspension which was disregarded by them and later diagnosed to be a faulty control arm & sub frame issue at Audi Pune (Potentially risky on the expressway and it was also a TSB). Recently, it took Mumbai West four hours to find, bill and fix a pair of floor mats in my car (Had to leave car and driver there coz they take down the VIN and don't hand over parts without car, funny policy for matting)

At my last service, BMW Infinity dirtied my interior when they serviced my car but also got it detailed when I took it up with them.

Merc service was a bundle of joy, I might actually go to the extent of not getting another one due to the fear of their service. I don't know how Shaman's treating their customers and their quality of service though..
Old 27th August 2011, 09:09   #22
BHPian

VAG india have gone it again . Appointed a incompetent dealer.

they have appointed National Garage as the AUDI south mumbai dealer .

National garage has been the dealer for GM for qute some and they have been trying to get rid of NG for quite some time but fo the lack of an alternative in south mumbai !

i use dread taking my Opel astra to them for service and i had no choice as they were the only ones in south mumbai . they used to take 2-3 days for a routine service and never fixed any problems in warranty.

NG's atitude is horrible and they dont belive in customer service.
And which Dealership closes for an hour for lunch ?
Old 29th August 2011, 01:48   #23
BHPian

Just when i was about to book a Superleggera!

On a more serious note, the dealer in question used to be one of the biggest car dealers in india (non-authorized). I still think that they are in that mode of only buying/selling. Service? What?
Old 29th August 2011, 10:38   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Now the other thread about the china lamborghini makes sense!!

This is just a dealer gone too big for his sheets.
VAG can utilize this to get their other brands in line by nulling EM's contract, and appointing a new one.
"boss, if they can do this to EM, we better get our act together!"
Old 29th August 2011, 14:31   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
This is exactly the reason why cars like SLS sell so well
Well said, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
How do companies, especially those dealing in high-value luxury goods, get away with such appalling online presence?
Since we're talking of high-value luxury goods, I must add that I've received 5 star service for luxury accessories (e.g. Mont Blanc pens). These brands focus a lot on the "experience" and "lifestyle" factors that, somehow, organisations like Exclusive Motors completely miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Well this would be an eye opener to most of us. I feel a little guilty buggin the M.A.S.S rep endlessly for small things that dont get fixed first time around.
Maruti after-sales is Maruti after-sales. No one comes close in reach or quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I cannot understand how they can retain the dealership with such shoddy customer service and that sorry excuse of a website
Perhaps, India is still a small market for Lamborghini and they couldn't be bothered. Or maybe, it's a VW group thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
I for one believe its less to do with the parent company and more related to the dealer. Dealers appointed from a well reputed group do a superlative job.
True that. But it is the job of the manufacturer to train & audit the dealer's service arm. Don't the best employees in your organisation need a training & reporting system? There is a reason why we see such variance between (example) a Toyota & VW dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
You just cannot be serious!
Old 29th August 2011, 16:53   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
This seems to be a classic example of company choosing dealer by it's property/location rather than competence.

The national garage showroom at Haji Ali is prime location and would be a great advertising medium for Audi. Besides that, I see no reason why Audi would/should appoint NG.
Old 30th August 2011, 05:55   #27
HPP
BHPian

To a person like me, I see an opportunity. I'm curious how one would go about contacting and convincing corporate that they need a shakeup in service management? I don't usually talk about myself, but my skill set would do well with cleaning up the issues they seem to be having. To work for(directly or indirectly) Lamborghini, I'd move to India.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Go Ahead!

^^Go ahead! Who knows, it might work! It's all about taking the initiative and opening your mouth.

Most of the times, such situations lead to customer and public bewilderment.
The company too can't come to conclusions.

But when someone like you who has a bird's eye view(detached from the situation, has an open mind and the intention of putting things in place) comes forward, things can change for the better.
An !dea can change everyone's lives!

Last edited by Jayabusa : 30th August 2011 at 12:13.
Old 30th August 2011, 16:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

I think I know what car it is! The grey Superleggera because it had some sort of problem related to its LHS rear wheel. Wow, is this how this country's sole Lamborghini owner treats their customers! I am amazed as well as appalled to read about it! So much for buying your dream sports car!!!

I sincerely hope Lamborghini looks into the matter a tad seriously and appoints another dealer in the country who knows how to value the customers!
Old 31st August 2011, 02:17   #30
HPP
BHPian

Re: Go Ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
^^Go ahead! Who knows, it might work! It's all about taking the initiative and opening your mouth.

Most of the times, such situations lead to customer and public bewilderment.
The company too can't come to conclusions.

But when someone like you who has a bird's eye view(detached from the situation, has an open mind and the intention of putting things in place) comes forward, things can change for the better.
An !dea can change everyone's lives!
I just found a contact/corporate email address, I'm going to write something up and send it to them.

Otherwise I'm curious if trying to contact the owner/operator of the service station(EM) in Delhi is the route to go? Anyone have any contact with him(any of the forum members who own Lamborghini's)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks