Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:07   #1
BHPian

Planet ka Wedding Meet...

On the 1st day of February our very own Planet tied the nuptial knot with his beloved Etc., and I happened to have the priviledge of attending his Wedding alongwith my fellow Team-Bhp members here in Calcutta.

Initially everyone was supposed to meet up at City Center to start off with the Planet ka Wedding Meet thingy but then end of the day that didnt happen. Razor,Blackpearl and Vroom were the first people to reach in Razor's Phoenix (a modded Lancer with amazing set of alloys). Then came shuvd and shuvc. Well they came separately in their respective rides and for starters they're not brothers.
shuvd came with the silver bullet (guess the most pimped out Octy in the whole of Eastern India) and shuvc came with his wife and sweet little kid in his Baleno (fitted with the new Ground Zero Sub). As usual, I was the last person in the gang to enter with my ALTO...

Planet's wedding was a huge affair in GD Block of Salt Lake...the bride and the bridegroom were both looking very nice...

Therewas a open air buffet that was organised. We all sat down on one corner and eventually all discussions came to one topic...cars obviously...the two ladies got bored...and I had to pay for that while returning on my way back home...my GF almost stopped talking to me...evident she was seriously bored...

Food was very good..(and oh yea no chickens here too...guess that's bcoz of the flu thingy in West Bengal )

After that there was a small photo session where we took a few group photos..
then we headed for the real thing...
Oh yeah the real thing was to check out shuvd's Octy...one hell of a modded car...couldnt take pics due to low light...was carrying my cybershot phone...after a little demo of his car (sounds like a hotrod) we all got into our respective cars and pushed off...

Razor's Phoenix

Amazing meet...

Last edited by sabret00the : 2nd February 2008 at 01:26.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Planet Rocker, tied the know eh, party sharty for fellow bhpians or only Kolkatta bhpians?
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:54   #3
BHPian

Congratulation Sumantra and ETC :-)
It was a great party. The food was awesome. I could not resist from having 2 ice creams.
@sabret00the: First of all thank you for the post and also the pics. Planet use to do this after every meet. Lets give Planet some rest ;-)
I just wanted to make some minor modifications. We came in our own ride. BP came in his Baleno and me in my Indica. Also the fun did not end with the party. It took a new turn, after you all left.
We took a got an opportunity to drive the new beast in town (the 225bhp octavia). Man if I call it a beast it would be less. Never drove anything like that before. Specially the turbo effect. I am addicted to it now. Also got a chance to be with some best drivers in town.
While returning, everyone where pulling hard with BP leading from the front ignoring who is behind, whether its a 75 bhp or a 225 Bhp. It was a great sight.
I was happy to see that I could somehow keep up with the big bro's with my sleepy sluggish Indica. Was above 150 for quite a long time. I could only smell lot of rubbber whenever we stopped. Now you know what happened in that 10-12km stretch.
Enjoyed it a lot. Guys lets plan for another meet soon.
Old 2nd February 2008, 02:24   #4
BHPian

^^^ ahh so I missed the real fun part...chalo good that you guys enjoyed...my GF would have had a heart attack if she saw me tried to keep pace with you guys...it's a different story altogether that I would have been able to keep up with you guys...
Old 2nd February 2008, 03:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

No Wonder, ETC's smile is wider than planet's.

Here's wishin Planet and his Fiat a lovely life together.

BTW, I wonder, if there is a gathering with a formal dress code, what sort of "headgear" is used.

Anyway I dont think I missed much, thanks to Birdflu. (Atleast let me feel happy in that way)

Last edited by 1100D : 2nd February 2008 at 03:22.
Old 2nd February 2008, 07:14   #6
BHPian

Congrats Planet and ETC. Have a wonderful married life ahead.

vrooooooom, did you experience wheel spin in 2nd gear @ 60kph in the Silver Bullet??????

to bring to your notice, at the Vintage Car Rally meet after we took off from the IOC bunk in park circus crossing blackpearl and ace1621 (karan, i was in his car) sped off on the AJC bose road flyover and a certain Silver ROARING Octy just sped past as if we were driving a taxi.
Old 2nd February 2008, 08:36   #7
BHPian

Congrats Dost, sorry could not make it re !
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:13   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, Etc & Planet. Wishing you the best in life.
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Planet and Etc. Welcome to the club.

Last edited by jkdas : 2nd February 2008 at 09:15.
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

congrats Planet and nice pics and i second JK here ...welcome to the club
Old 2nd February 2008, 10:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

Haah, I was waiting for this thread, otherwise would have pinged shuvd to know about last night...

Shuvd, Looks like our discussed plan for his Fool-Sojja didnt materialize eventhough your Octy was very much present there...

Planet, Would suggest you to laugh as much as u can in these 2 days, kyon kaal ka kya pata....as the famous saying goes, "Vidai karte waqt ladki akhri baar rotee hai, aur dulha akhri baar hansta hai" Nice pic though... Just kidding!! WHen is your goa honeymoon starting?

Overall nice pics guys

Abhi
Old 2nd February 2008, 10:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

@1100, didn't miss much eh? Don't tell me you are not fond of Prawn Cutlets
Another tidbit. We gathered outside on the road just before leaving. @shuvd was coaxed to give multiple demos of the blow-off valve, turbo whistle sounds. The sound must have carried quite a bit in the quiet neighbourhood, 'coz we soon see @Planet leaving the 'mandap' and ETC behind, and hurrying out to take it all in! Reception and guests can wait (read - be damned)
Old 2nd February 2008, 10:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Allergic to prawns, prawns aren't great anyway! BTW what was the background music playing at his reception...vroooom vroooom vroooom?
Old 2nd February 2008, 10:45   #14
BHPian

congrats planet, have a great life ahead!!
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:15   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Planet. Wear your marriage in good health.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks