Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 12:54   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Today was another marathon.
We are now at Coimbatore, part of the meet.
heh! Lucky chaps! Saw you guys entering Cochin city limits at 6.30 in the morning!!
So wherez the MIVEC resting now?? And when are you guys leaving to Delhi??! Wanna do a proper TD when you are nowhere in the vicinity
Old 6th April 2009, 13:01   #47
BANNED

A brief report.

This weekend's marathon meet actually started a bit earlier with a pre meet on saturday night.
Ashvin came to the railway station to pick me up after I decided to dump the Petra at my native. Mah1r's wagonR screeched as usual and came to a halt.
First destination; my apartment.
Change up into something comfortable and go out for dinner with whoever pitches up. Aha!, Mah1r, Jithen, Ashvin and myself. We end up at BTH by 11.30pm. Ashvin could've gobbled the whole restaurant down! Dosas, puttu, kadala, coffee etc.. WoW!! The MEET has begun!

Second destination; Emperor.
The Truck owned by the one and only D-Bhpian in Kerala was given a complete ICE shake up and upgrade. It was ready to be picked up. As Zuhemi was busy with another install, he had told me to not worry of coming late for delivery.
We reached his place by 12.40am. Not many lights and as we get closer, it's clear that nobody is there. I decide to take delivery tomorrow and not to disturb him so late. We return home, jump into the bed and wait for the sleep to arrive.
..... ..... ..... Trring..... Trring.....
I can hear Zuhemi on the other side and off we go to his house because he is waiting for me.
1.15am, myself, Ashvin, Aha! and Mah1r reaches his house. ICE after ICE after ICE ICE after ICE after ICE..... . . . . To cut a long story short, we reached home by 6am!

Destination 3; Lunch!
QuickSilver, JayD and Kumar was on their way from Coimby to attend this weekend's F1 meet. Went to Citypark restaurant, misunderstandings and ..... NO BIRIYANI!

Destination 4; F1 show @ Gokulam.
We arrive and the race is on! We order some good thingys to chomp on and enjoy the race. One historic thingy in Sepang! RAIN!!!
1. QuickSilver
2. JayD
3. Ashvin
4. Mah1r
5. Sujithnk
6. Nikkibike
7. iPlay
8. JayZ
9. Hydrashok
10. AravindWarrier
11. Speedzak

This much were present to witness the historic race.

Meet had just begun!
Old 6th April 2009, 15:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Man! This was one awesome meet! Its been a looong time since we had such an active meet here. I'm uploading the pix now. The report will follow soon!

Hydra getting a 'garland' from nikki for his attendance!
F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009278.jpg

The race was completely washed out. we made sure the food wasn't!
F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009280.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	05042009278.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	604.7 KB
ID:	121386

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009290.jpg

The turnout outside Z's place!

Attachment 121416

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009285.jpg

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009284.jpg

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009283.jpg

And more food!!!

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009287.jpg

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009289.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009279.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th April 2009 at 13:55. Reason: Photo removed on request since it has been reposted w/o numberplate a few posts later.
Old 7th April 2009, 08:08   #49
BANNED

Continued.....

Yes!
By the time the race was washed away at Sepang, we gathered outside and started planning what to do next.

QuickSilver and Kumar wanted to meet Zuhemi. As we were quite a big number of guys, I was a bit hesitant to make a move. As I stood confused there, I got a phonecall from Zuhemi asking why we were getting late. I explained him of the confusion I was stuck with and ..... ..... ..... ..... got to hear some good vocabulary for that. He told me to bring everybody with. "It's 20 people"I repeatedly warned him. Some more good vocabulary and soon..... We all set off as a convoy!

Destination 5; Meet Zuhemi.
One by one, 5-6 cars pulls in front of his residence. Hi, hello, salam, namaskaram and vanakkams!
Then it was all hell broken loose. ICE! ICE! ICE! ENGINE VENGINE! PIMP UP MA RIDE!
Some went around auditioning, some went around popping hoods, boots and what not, some played with cricket balls, some played with kids, some went poking around all the fancy gadgets seen.
Traditional Kerala food was served and the 3 brothers (Aftaak, Zuhemi and Anish) became the best hosts making sure everybody was comfortable. Hats off to their great hospitality. By 7, we decided to push off.
The kitchen was still sending more and more tasty thingys outside.
We were too late already and decided to split. One by one, the convoy left the compound.
A beeeeeeg thanks to the EMPEROR family. It was unforgettable.

Our meet?
A drive was getting into shape.
Old 7th April 2009, 08:36   #50
Team-BHP Support

Aah! Great to see the MIVEC again. I can see ASHVIN is doing a good job of keeping the crowd in check.
I can recognise Zak and the bouncer. Can we have a naming ceremony for the others?
Old 8th April 2009, 11:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

I've re-uploaded a few snaps so it is easy to associate the names with the faces in the photographs.

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009217.jpg
LHS to RHS (crop from a bigger snap): Zak, JayD, JayZ, silverknight, aravindwarrier, nikkibike, ASHVIN (behind nikki)

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009220.jpg
Mah1r, staring at his feet. Hmmmm...

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009279.jpg
LHS to RHS: aravindwarrier, quicksilver, kumar, nikkibike

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009280.jpg
LHS to RHS: Zak, aravindwarrier, quicksilver

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009287.jpg
LHS to RHS (sitting): muneemmk, aravindwarrier, JayD, JayZ, silverknight, arm and shoulder of iPlay.
Farthest to nearest (standing): Mah1r, ASHVIN, kumar

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009289.jpg
El Hydra

F1 live screening meets @ Cochin. Confirmations, Updates, Reports...-05042009278.jpg
Hydra, Zak, iPlay

Last edited by hydrashok : 8th April 2009 at 11:55.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:13   #52
Senior - BHPian

Honestly a meet of the best kinds unlike the suvega , luna, TVS 50 and bicycle only meets we have else where. Anup nice to see you once again and above all zak good to see the MIVEC is back on road.
Old 18th April 2009, 19:02   #53
BANNED

Knock knock!

What about tomorrow guys?
China is going to burn with excitement. Diffuser doubts have been laid to rest and everybody can now enjoy F1 to it's max!

I won't be in Cochin tomorrow. Stuck up with a grand gala wedding near Calicut. I'll have to do it in some hotel room tomorrow. ie.. Watch the race alone!

So, who all meeting up @ Gokulam park inn to watch the race?
Old 18th April 2009, 19:25   #54
rippergeo

I'm out. silly family function in thodupuzha the day after tomorrow, so apparently I have to be there tomorrow. what for? i dont know

Old 19th April 2009, 03:13   #55
BHPian

Guess nobody is in town for the meet,Jayz's leg is kaput and is in some far off jungle, jayd's got exam fever,Zakko in some hotel room doing doing what ever he does usually, hydra back into hide mode ? so who else is here ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks