Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2007, 22:16   #16
BHPian

Even Rats are obsessed with Skoda i guess.........

Old 27th February 2007, 22:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

A rat moving the belt outta position explains the quality of it... "Skoda, Obsessed With Quality"
Old 28th February 2007, 01:40   #18

I agree that the dealers just wanna rip off all their customers in any way that they can!

I guess, I may have been lied to by the mechanics.

I was charged (believe it or not they charged Rs. 1,235.00) for the refitting the belt. Now I think if I would have not accepted their
explanation they might have done it for free. I was just so thrilled to hear that they could fix my problem within a few minutes that i just did not bother arguing with them about the cause.
Old 28th February 2007, 07:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick_shift View Post
I was charged (believe it or not they charged Rs. 1,235.00) for the refitting the belt.
You said that your car was 2 weeks old... and for re-fitting a belt they charged you??..And you Paid??

Godfather
Old 28th February 2007, 07:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I was charged (believe it or not they charged Rs. 1,235.00) for the refitting the belt.
That hurts me too. Check in the bill for service hours rate. For few minutes job how could they charge 1235/-?. If I am correct, usually 90 - 150 Rs per man hours is standard!.
Old 28th February 2007, 08:26   #21
Team-BHP Support

Shouldn't that be done under warranty? If they say that it will not be under warranty as it is a rat problem, tell them to prove it in writing and send a copy to skoda. A verbal reason is not good enough.
Old 28th February 2007, 09:11   #22
BHPian

How can someone be charged for Labour for a car that is not even Two Weeks old and that too for this nature of job.

I had a similar experience with my Indica, which was nearly 8 months old. I was not charged for any labour and spare parts (under warranty). For that matter, they didn't even charged me for the tow away (breakdown) fees.

Hmm. guess these service center folks work only with a money-centered mind.

Just wondering, whether you observed any difference in Steering and Brakes.

And that must be some rat !
Old 28th February 2007, 10:59   #23
Team-BHP Support

They really do have u conned there.. first a ratty (read fishy) story, and then making you pay for it !!! Also, for a 2 weeks old car, how could u agree to it?
Old 28th February 2007, 11:10   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The problem arose because of the belt that drives the alternator moved out of position and stop turning the alternator. The mechanics told me it was due to a rat crawling up from under the car that may have moved the belt out of position. At first i could not believe this but they showed me some rat hair (or something that looked like rat hair) attached to the belt.
Let me get this straight. A Skoda certified mechanic told you, that a rat moved moved the highly tensioned belt that turns the pulley of youe alternatior??? And then left ONE hair there??

This I'm gonna remember. Thanks for making this a fun morning.

Unfortunately, as everybody has already told you, that's a really stupid lie. Ask this mechanic, that if a rat could move it (assuming, safely that this rat had no tools), could your mechanic move the belt with no tools either?

What hurts is that they lied to you, repaired a 2 month old car and then charged you. I suggest you write a letter to Skoda India, explaining what happened. I am sure you will get a refund and an apology.
Old 28th February 2007, 11:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
For that matter, they didn't even charged me for the tow away (breakdown) fees.
8 months old Indica had to be towed?.
Old 28th February 2007, 11:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me get this straight. A Skoda certified mechanic told you, that a rat moved moved the highly tensioned belt that turns the pulley of youe alternatior??? And then left ONE hair there??

Dont laugh guys, probably that was Mickey Mouse. Now who wants to pull the mickey out of the skoda ???

Last edited by esteem_lover : 28th February 2007 at 11:20.
Old 28th February 2007, 11:20   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Unfortunately, as everybody has already told you, that's a really stupid lie. Ask this mechanic, that if a rat could move it (assuming, safely that this rat had no tools), could your mechanic move the belt with no tools either?

What hurts is that they lied to you, repaired a 2 month old car and then charged you. I suggest you write a letter to Skoda India, explaining what happened. I am sure you will get a refund and an apology.
Sam, the thread header says its a 2 weeks old car.. which makes the case all the more difficult to believe.

As about the rat/s having tools.. could be a member of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Rodents, for all u know.
Old 28th February 2007, 11:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Hahahahahaha...Nice one Sam..

The car was 2 Weeks old... Not months..

Godfather
Old 28th February 2007, 11:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
8 months old Indica had to be towed?.

Well the power steering and brakes went dead (as one of the Pulley's gave away along with the belt coming out), didn't wanted it to be driven all the way to service center
Old 28th February 2007, 19:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

You've been taken for a royal ride, dear "stick shift".

It seems as though the alternator pulley or power steering pulley was misaligned (a single serpentine belt turns the power steering, alternator and A/C pulleys) from the beginning, i.e., from the moment you took delivery of your car. Probably due to improper PDI. Those "rat hairs" are strands from the belt, nothing else- they come out if the belt grazes against the outer rims of the pulleys.

Get your alternator belt changed under warranty. Claim a refund. Speak to the manager of Autobahn or get in touch with the marketing/sales dept. at Skoda. If you're running the same belt, chances are that the belt won't last long; and the mechanics will probably blame these same "rats" for "gnawing" through the steel-reinforced belt.

Your car is barely 2 weeks old. You have every right to kick the living crap out of Autobahn's/ Skoda's family jewels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks