Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2005, 12:56   #16
BHPian

Hemant,
Visit Bafna car auto near Hotel Parichay for your audio installations ... He has a wide variety and lots of options and his installation is amongst the better ones in Pune ...
He also might have the Body cover u looking for ..
Old 1st December 2007, 15:36   #17
BHPian

Have a question regarding usage of Body cover. I am using parachute material cover not sure about the brand. I am going to use the cover only at home beacuse there is no shade or covered parking and there are couple of trees around with lot of pegions (hope that gives more clear picture :P). Now am not sure if I should wait for a hour or so that engine cools off and then cover the car or is it ok to cover the car imedietly after parking the car. I am worried if the engine heat can harm the cover and other thigns like paint etc.
Old 1st December 2007, 16:54   #18
BHPian

Is'nt there a existing thread on the same subject? If I'm not wrong, started by Rudraji.
Old 2nd December 2007, 10:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
Is'nt there a existing thread on the same subject? If I'm not wrong, started by Rudraji.
No Idea. Could not find one.
Old 2nd December 2007, 12:28   #20
BHPian

I guess this thread by Rudraji will cover the topics discussed.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...esthetics.html

Last edited by eclectix 1st : 2nd December 2007 at 12:30. Reason: message
Old 2nd December 2007, 12:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Now am not sure if I should wait for a hour or so that engine cools off and then cover the car or is it ok to cover the car imedietly after parking the car. I am worried if the engine heat can harm the cover and other thigns like paint etc.
I usually cover the car except the bonnet after 15 minutes or so; and wait till the bonnet is cooled (can keep hand without feeling hot) properly before covering the bonnet part also.
Old 2nd December 2007, 12:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
I guess this thread by Rudraji will cover the topics discussed.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...esthetics.html
Thanks for the like that will be of lot of help.
Old 2nd December 2007, 12:48   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I usually cover the car except the bonnet after 15 minutes or so; and wait till the bonnet is cooled (can keep hand without feeling hot) properly before covering the bonnet part also.
Thanks for sharing the tip I will make sure to follow the same I am always botherd about the heat traped in by cover.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:13   #24
BHPian

I also have car parked on the roadside .no covered parking. The shade from the building will help prevent the direct sun for the first half of the day .I can see small yellow spots every where ,on neighbours car also i can see that. Some of them told me that it is the job of honeybees near my home. But this yellow spot will completely go when i do a normal wash every weekend. I have a silver color cover for the car . Is it advisable to cover the car daily? I read somewhere that the covering will lead to minor scratches .Other thing i heard is that On rainy season if we put the cover it will build up moisture under the cover and chances of corrosion is more . Not sure any truth in this .
Old 17th November 2009, 17:42   #25
J.Ravi

IMO, if the car is clean, then body cover can be used, especially after washing the car during the week-ends. But, when the car body has accumulated dust over it, then usage of body cover over the dust layer will definitely lead to more scratches. In case of long-term parking, body cover can be used for covering the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks