Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 22:29   #1
BHPian

Baleno accident repair invoice (2.8 lakhs!)

I'll be getting my accident car repaired

As of now for right side of car with wind shield and dash board and roof panel they are charging 300,000 for car, labour charge extra 60K.

For a baleno, which costed me 7.5 lakh, 3.5 lakh repair cost without any engine work and only right side damage looks Maruti taking me rdie.

Do Insurance guys validate all parts details they are mentioning with the current cost or dealer can quote anythng whatever he feels like.

As of now They are charging 3 Lakhs for Parts only, 60K labour charge.

I've attached a portion of Invoice here, if any Baleno owner has experience can you verify the part price?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (897.9 KB, 4289 views)
Old 12th January 2010, 22:56   #2
BHPian

am sure you will get good 05 or 06 model baleno in 3.5 lacs.that makes better sence!
Old 12th January 2010, 23:38   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The figures seem all cockeyed. Rs.5384 for a front bumper? while an SX4 bumper is quoted at Rs.2564. Rs.1119 for a wiper arm is ridiculous. ORVM for Rs.5794??? Even an Accord's mirror costs Rs.4395. SX4 ORVMs cost Rs.1420 each.

Akas, the dealer is taking you for a mega ride. Run... as far away from him as you can!
Old 13th January 2010, 00:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The figures seem all cockeyed. Rs.5384 for a front bumper? while an SX4 bumper is quoted at Rs.2564. Rs.1119 for a wiper arm is ridiculous. ORVM for Rs.5794??? Even an Accord's mirror costs Rs.4395. SX4 ORVMs cost Rs.1420 each.

Akas, the dealer is taking you for a mega ride. Run... as far away from him as you can!
Baleno parts little expensive. Once i replaced 1 Head light, it cost 12,000 INR.

I'm not sure about this time though.

BTW car was being repaired since last 4 months and now it's pay time.
Old 13th January 2010, 00:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

The ORVM price seems ok to me. The Baleno ORVMs are still SGP and probably still imported. They do have a beautiful finish I must say but are one of those expensive parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Baleno parts little expensive. Once i replaced 1 Head light, it cost 12,000 INR.
Yes, the levelling (EIII) headlights used to cost that much. But the older EII lamps cost around 4K for a pair. I had heard that the EIII prices had been halved later on - but can't confirm.

Edit:

I believe the 'Run Front door glass' and 'Run rear door glass' indicate the rubber channels. If so then those prices are also ok. Those rubber channels are around 3.5 to 4K per door.

The door handle for 1.5K also sounds ok.

In general Baleno plastic and rubber parts are pretty expensive. Maruti probably never localised them much.
For eg, the front bonnet grille costs around 6.5 to 7K. The cupholder cover/lid between the front seats costs 1.5K etc...

Last edited by shuvc : 13th January 2010 at 00:25.
Old 13th January 2010, 00:22   #6
BHPian

Oh my god .! The price seems off the charts to me . Seriously a friend of mine crashed his Baleno quiet badly and we got all the parts for around 40 grand . I honestly feel you should get a check on their price lists . I agree the Baleno parts are slightly expensive as they have to be imported and all that but just cause of that does not mean they overcharge you this way . Please visit Maruthi authorized spare part store they will give you a perfect quote on all the parts . Also please ask for their recored price list from the company and compare the two .
Old 13th January 2010, 00:28   #7
BHPian

Also are they not supposed to give you an estimate for the cost of repair before they start work ?
Please note down the person in charge of your car , the service advisor, the floor manager their names and forward a note to Maruthi directly in reference to the whole incident . They might be able to give you better picture , also cc your legal advisor on this if you find you are being taken for a ride as it comes under unethical business practice.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:42   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What is the amount that you have to pay after insurance payout? Also, why don't you get the car repaired from an independent body shop? Will surely work out WAY cheaper. Plus, there are many after-market shops that can offer you the same finish as that at an authorised service center, if not better.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:02   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What is the amount that you have to pay after insurance payout? Also, why don't you get the car repaired from an independent body shop? Will surely work out WAY cheaper. Plus, there are many after-market shops that can offer you the same finish as that at an authorised service center, if not better.
Did not formally get the quote from insurance as Insurance company working on it. But informally I calculated and it was 1.2 Lakh.

There are lot of parts which takes long time to get and most of these parts are rare moving parts. For authorized service center it took around 3 months to get the parts, think how much it would have taken for others. Other reason i 'm not sure whether i would have to pay the total cost first and after that insurance company reimbursed me the amount when car is ready.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Parts prices are pretty much legit.
Would appreciate it if you could pm the entire parts prices to me.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:15   #11
BHPian

I think Baleno parts are expensive than SX4..
many of the parts are imported from Japan.
When i got my left door replaced bcos of an accident the whole thing costed me 30000.
Also for the parts there is a indicator, an extra character or # or soemthing which says it is a imported part. the MASS guy i go to showed me that.

Last edited by madhukar_n : 13th January 2010 at 18:18.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

I did hear before that the Baleno parts are slightly on the higher side. But this looks too costly, anyway pictures of your car would help a better estimate on seeing the extent of damage.

You can probably try contacting another MSS other the one that you contacted now. To recheck if they are arriving at the same figures.

But needless to say the parts turnaround time is gonna be higher for Baleno parts
Old 13th January 2010, 21:35   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

an independent workshop is the way to go.

the ORVM is one of the most expensive parts in a Baleno.

and you will be better off my sourcing cosmetic parts from old parts dealers

I am sure you will be able to get your car back in a lac with some effort,of course

no pains,no gains.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:22   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I did hear before that the Baleno parts are slightly on the higher side. But this looks too costly, anyway pictures of your car would help a better estimate on seeing the extent of damage.

You can probably try contacting another MSS other the one that you contacted now. To recheck if they are arriving at the same figures.

But needless to say the parts turnaround time is gonna be higher for Baleno parts
You can Check accident pic here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...y-night-9.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Parts prices are pretty much legit.
Would appreciate it if you could pm the entire parts prices to me.
Tried to PM attachment, there is no attach option in PM though. Here i'm attaching the data. I've manually entered data in excel sheet and i've not got all the part invoice from them.
Attached Files
File Type: xls repair1.xls (22.5 KB, 978 views)
Old 13th January 2010, 22:32   #15
BHPian

akas,

how old is this baleno of yours? need to understand few things, would you mind sharing the age please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks