Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 21:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Punto music system (not stock) not switching off after switching off engine!!

Here is the ISO connector found on FIAT cars. This is a direct plug in for Blaupunkt systems.

There are direct connection from the battery as well as from Ignition.

In my Blaupunkt SD48 system, I can switch ON the player without the ignition key ON. And while the ignition and player is ON, the player switches OFF, if I turn off the ignition. So, the player has the 'intelligence' to switch itself off once it detects the ignition off.This should be true for all the HUs.

May be the installer has screwed up the wiring. Also check the fuse on the Ignition line to the HU.
Attached Thumbnails
Punto music system (not stock) not switching off after switching off engine!!-blaupunktiso.jpg  

Old 7th January 2011, 09:03   #17
BHPian

Re: Punto music system (not stock) not switching off after switching off engine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
It is not an issue - manually switch off from the HU / remote. it is common with after market HUs and FIATs (Unos, Palio, Petra, etc)

Welcome to the world of FIATs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
+1 to that

Welcome to the world of FIATs and its quirks . But by the end of your ownership,you'll be much more knowledgeable about most things auto
Thank you planet_rocker and MileCruncher. As you guys have said, I am learning a lot after buying the car. Anyway, its a relief to know that there is nothing wrong with the car/wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Here is the ISO connector found on FIAT cars. This is a direct plug in for Blaupunkt systems.

There are direct connection from the battery as well as from Ignition.

In my Blaupunkt SD48 system, I can switch ON the player without the ignition key ON. And while the ignition and player is ON, the player switches OFF, if I turn off the ignition. So, the player has the 'intelligence' to switch itself off once it detects the ignition off.This should be true for all the HUs.

May be the installer has screwed up the wiring. Also check the fuse on the Ignition line to the HU.
bejoy, I don't think the installer has screwed up, though my intial impression was that. I took a second opinion from another installer (EVO) and he confirmed the same. As planet_rocker and MileCruncher have mentioned above, this is something that is unique to FIAT and have to get used to this.

Wiring and fuse were checked by FIAT guys too. Even the FIAT electrician showed me that there was no power coming from the ignition, but the OE HU was able to switch itself off when the engine was turned off. Wonder what kind of 'intelligence' the player has to do this and whether something like that can be done for the aftermarket HU!!
Old 9th March 2011, 09:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
Thank you planet_rocker and MileCruncher. As you guys have said, I am learning a lot after buying the car. Anyway, its a relief to know that there is nothing wrong with the car/wiring.

bejoy, I don't think the installer has screwed up, though my intial impression was that. I took a second opinion from another installer (EVO) and he confirmed the same. As planet_rocker and MileCruncher have mentioned above, this is something that is unique to FIAT and have to get used to this.

Wiring and fuse were checked by FIAT guys too. Even the FIAT electrician showed me that there was no power coming from the ignition, but the OE HU was able to switch itself off when the engine was turned off. Wonder what kind of 'intelligence' the player has to do this and whether something like that can be done for the aftermarket HU!!
Did you get the problem solved yet?
This is no fault of anyone. The OE HeadUnit has CAN BUS connectivity to the ECU and it is able to switch ON and OFF through this connectivity. As mentioned earlier in the thread, there is no ACC powerlead to the HU connector. The connections available are the memory lead, Ground and two CANBUS connectors.
The only option is to do as mentioned in the following Fiat Forum thread. We need an ACC lead from somewhere.
Head Unit - Point of clarity - The FIAT Forum
I am also in the middle of an upgrade. A DIY!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks