Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2013, 20:21   #391
BHPian

Re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg.

Hey akshay,
Have been an admirer of your garage long before joining Team-Bhp.The mods carried out on the beamer are fabulous.However you need to drive your car more often 12,xxxkm is too low!

OT:Need your advice regarding my friend's Polo gt like which tyres to install,will be ordering the steering wheel soon from vagtunes,so how to install them&how to do the coding to modify the xds settings & so on.
Hoping to hear from you.
Enjoy your Beamer till then!
Old 2nd November 2013, 20:24   #392
Team-BHP Support

Re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hey akshay,
Have been an admirer of your garage long before joining Team-Bhp.The mods carried out on the beamer are fabulous.However you need to drive your car more often 12,xxxkm is too low!

OT:Need your advice regarding my friend's Polo gt like which tyres to install,will be ordering the steering wheel soon from vagtunes,so how to install them&how to do the coding to modify the xds settings & so on.
Hoping to hear from you.
Enjoy your Beamer till then!
Thank you. I agree 12k kms is far too low. But then with the useless roads we have here I prefer to use the car only when I know the drive is going to be enjoyable. Otherwise its just a headache watching out and slowing down for bumps and potholes due to the stiff ride.

Sure do send me a PM on what I can help you with.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 11:00   #393
BHPian

Hey akshay.

Im treading down a similar path for my c200 cgi . Thinking of painting my alloys black.
Should i go for dull gunmetal black or the glossy one like yours? My car came with the glossy black roof with a panoramic sunroof. Really confused. I've seen dull gunmetal black on a few cars and it looks sweet!

Should i go to mercedes for this job or will any good paint shop do?
Old 7th November 2013, 11:24   #394
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Hey akshay.

Im treading down a similar path for my c200 cgi . Thinking of painting my alloys black.
Should i go for the dull gunmetal black or the glossy one like yours? My car came with the glossy black roof with a panoramic sunroof. Really confused. I've seen dull gunmetal black on a few cars and it looks sweet!

Should i go to mercedes for this job or will any good paint shop do?

Sorry about the double post. hope the mods delete it!
On your car I think either colour will look good, a dark gunmetal or even a glossy black. Both will look classy and sporty at the same time. Don't go for a dull finish, get a glossy one I think it looks better.

I think any good paint shop will manage, but see how much Mercedes is asking to paint the rims. Also see whether they are taking off the tyre and painting the full rim or only the visible part of the rim.
Old 7th November 2013, 22:10   #395
BHPian

I love the color of the dark grey alloys that came with the honda jazz. How do you think that would look on my car? Im scared it may not be dark enough and would end up looking just plain dirty.

Sorry if this sounds dumb but what are they supposed to do? paint the full rim or just the visible part?
Also want to get the lower lip of the rear bumper black. How do you suggest i go about that? Paint it? Buy those stick on carbon fiber thingies?

And yes im an exterior mod novice. Generally like keeping things looking oem but cant stop myself imagining how these mods might transform the look of my car. Seeing pics of your car certainly gave me that much needed nudge.
Old 8th November 2013, 12:57   #396
BHPian

Akshay,

Great looking car. Mod well done.

Do you know anyone who has put the M Sport kit on a 530d? I was looking at what the options for my car were and according to the dealer thats all thats available. They are searching for the price now. I would have preferred a straight performance kit, as I don't have a real need for the exterior trim, but I'll take an updated ECU anyway I can.

Thanks.
Old 8th November 2013, 19:05   #397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
I love the color of the dark grey alloys that came with the honda jazz. How do you think that would look on my car? Im scared it may not be dark enough and would end up looking just plain dirty.

Sorry if this sounds dumb but what are they supposed to do? paint the full rim or just the visible part?
Also want to get the lower lip of the rear bumper black. How do you suggest i go about that? Paint it? Buy those stick on carbon fiber thingies?

And yes im an exterior mod novice. Generally like keeping things looking oem but cant stop myself imagining how these mods might transform the look of my car. Seeing pics of your car certainly gave me that much needed nudge.
The Jazz colour is nice, but maybe a bit darker than that for your car.

Ideally painting the full rim would be the best.

I just painted the lower lip of the rear bumper on my car, will upload pics tomorrow if possible. No need to stick on carbon fibre unless you like the look.

These subtle things will definitely add to the look of the car. But please do make sure you do it at a top class paintshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Akshay,

Great looking car. Mod well done.

Do you know anyone who has put the M Sport kit on a 530d? I was looking at what the options for my car were and according to the dealer thats all thats available. They are searching for the price now. I would have preferred a straight performance kit, as I don't have a real need for the exterior trim, but I'll take an updated ECU anyway I can.

Thanks.
Thank you.

Is yours the F10 or the E60? Well the present 530D's now come with an M sport kit. Do see what all parts your dealer is offering in the M Sport kit and how much is being charged.

The 530d should have a performance kit soon which boosts the power to 280 odd bhp with 600nm of torque.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 19:29   #398
BHPian

Akshay, been an avid follower of your thread. Finally got a chance to post something here. Nice mods on your car I have a 2012 luxury line F30 320D & i'm also interested in doing subtle mods to my car. Though can't go overboard with the sportiness because this is occasionally our family car. Till date I have painted the wheels gray-black & mirror caps black like that of the sportline trim. Do check out the pics and share you opinion. As you said, the things sorely missed are paddle shifters & also a panoramic roof wouldn't hurt. Do keep us posted if you go forward with paddles. AFAIK, you just need to get a steering of a 328i/335i AT with paddles and hardwire it to the +/- of the gearlever right with some plug and play kit right?

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-imag1834.jpg

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-imag1842.jpg

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img_2729-copy.jpg

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img_2728-copy.jpg

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img_2726-copy.jpg

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img_2733-copy.jpg

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img_7716-copy.jpg

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img_1488-copy.jpg

Last edited by Veelubai : 8th November 2013 at 19:36.
Veelubai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 19:34   #399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Akshay, been an avid follower of your thread. Finally got a chance to post something here. Nice mods on your car I have a 2012 luxury line F30 320D & i'm also interested in doing subtle mods to my car. Though can't go overboard with the sportiness because this is occasionally our family car. Till date I have painted the wheels gray-black & mirror caps black like that of the sportline trim. Do check out the pics and share you opinion. As you said, the things sorely missed are paddle shifters & also a panoramic roof wouldn't hurt. Do keep us posted if you go forward with paddles. AFAIK, you just need to get a steering of a 328i/335i AT with paddles and hardwire it to the +/- of the gearlever right with some plug and play kit right? Attachment 1163080

Attachment 1163081
Your car is looking great bud. If I may suggest, get the gloss black grilles, it will add to the theme really well.

Yes on the E90 paddles are almost plug and play, will just need to add a harness. Unfortunately on the F30 there doesn't seem to be any easy way to add paddles.
Old 8th November 2013, 19:42   #400
BHPian

Yeah. Will get the grilles in the near future. Forgot that I had ordered a rear lip spoiler some time back. will reach this week hopefully. Its coming unpainted and I'm gonna do it in body color itself. Grille will follow. Really want M bumper but too expensive for a student's pocket
Old 8th November 2013, 20:31   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Thank you.

Is yours the F10 or the E60? Well the present 530D's now come with an M sport kit. Do see what all parts your dealer is offering in the M Sport kit and how much is being charged.

The 530d should have a performance kit soon which boosts the power to 280 odd bhp with 600nm of torque.
I have a 2012 F10. A friend has the new 530d M and I really hate him for it. It's what's motivating me to upgrade. According to the CSM it sounds like its just an exterior kit along with some new M seats and M steering wheel. No rims, no performance kit. All for the wonderfully low price of 4.5 lakhs.

That performance kit sounds perfect, I've told Kun BMW here in Chennai to make it happen. Thanks for the tip.
Old 8th November 2013, 20:57   #402
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have a 2012 F10. A friend has the new 530d M and I really hate him for it. It's what's motivating me to upgrade. According to the CSM it sounds like its just an exterior kit along with some new M seats and M steering wheel. No rims, no performance kit. All for the wonderfully low price of 4.5 lakhs.

That performance kit sounds perfect, I've told Kun BMW here in Chennai to make it happen. Thanks for the tip.
You probably won't even get the seats in that price.

Honestly upgrade the rims to nice 18s or even 19s, I would say BBS or some BMW rims. It will change the look of the car completely.

Yes do get the performance kit as and when its out.
Old 11th November 2013, 19:05   #403
BHPian

Quote:
You probably won't even get the seats in that price.

Honestly upgrade the rims to nice 18s or even 19s, I would say BBS or some BMW rims. It will change the look of the car completely.

Yes do get the performance kit as and when its out.
So heard back from BMW. You're right. The seats aren't even included in the price. I've attached the spec sheet of what all is available. Mainly just exteriors and some cosmetic interior upgrades. Definitely not worth it. Still waiting to hear on a 'simple' Performance kit.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW 5 Series_M Performance Flyer.pdf (450.3 KB, 1302 views)
Old 13th November 2013, 21:18   #404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So heard back from BMW. You're right. The seats aren't even included in the price. I've attached the spec sheet of what all is available. Mainly just exteriors and some cosmetic interior upgrades. Definitely not worth it. Still waiting to hear on a 'simple' Performance kit.
Give it a couple of weeks, I should have some more details on the kit. Expect it to be around the 2l mark. But it will be worth it.
Old 15th November 2013, 07:30   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Give it a couple of weeks, I should have some more details on the kit. Expect it to be around the 2l mark. But it will be worth it.
Performance kit is only there for the 520d. So that is the end of that pipe dream. Probably for the best, I just bought a Thar for work and I'm going to end up spending all my spare cash on modding that. Thanks for the help Akshay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks