Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 19:15   #16
BHPian

Re: 2007 Maruti Baleno VXi - My Rocksteady Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Ok...
Is the radiator fan working? If the fan stops working, you will notice drop in AC performance when the car is standing with engine on idle.

Do you suspect bad fuel quality? Have you changed your fuel filling station? Also, get the fuel line checked.

Also consider the Throttle Body cleaning.
Thanks for your inputs Rahul .

NO change in AC performance. guess its working fine. I have always been using Shell Petrol from Day 1, always a full tank every month.

I should get the throttle body cleaning done and change of clutch cable this weekend. Also considering fuel line checked, I will update further.
Old 5th June 2015, 10:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Can you please post some detailed pics of the fog lamps? And will appreciate the details like make/brand, cost etc.
I have uploaded few pics of the lights, Hella's replica Projectors for Headlights and Projector lights are aftermarket. Original Hella costs too much. Not sure about the brand names etc., Both are running on 4300K HIDs. Have PMd the costs.

Projector work done at EVO by blueraven. You will find few posts on his work on projectors.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 10:46   #18
BHPian

Not a good photographer, but still tried to post some good pics here. The brightness of lights might be bit exaggerated in the pics(tried the lowest brightness option still the rings look quite bright) they aren't so eye piercing but provide good illumination of the road. But yes the headlights are someting really good compared to stock lights.High beam is something which is really very good and confidence inspiring to drive at nights. with Fog lights you can easily drive around in the city.
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Maruti Baleno VXi - My Rocksteady Workhorse-wp_20150604_21_40_13_pro.jpg  

2007 Maruti Baleno VXi - My Rocksteady Workhorse-wp_20150604_21_45_04_pro.jpg  

2007 Maruti Baleno VXi - My Rocksteady Workhorse-wp_20150604_21_45_47_pro.jpg  

2007 Maruti Baleno VXi - My Rocksteady Workhorse-wp_20150604_21_48_34_pro.jpg  

2007 Maruti Baleno VXi - My Rocksteady Workhorse-wp_20150604_21_50_22_pro.jpg  

2007 Maruti Baleno VXi - My Rocksteady Workhorse-wp_20150604_21_52_00_pro.jpg  

Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 11:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
can someone please guide me with the concerns below?

Concern - need advise from the car gurus and Baleno owners:

I noticed one thing, please tell me, the trip meter zeroes out after 999 kms? is it only my car or all Balenos are like that?
Can someone please advise whether this is the same to all Balenos?
Old 5th June 2015, 14:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone please advise whether this is the same to all Balenos?
The trip meter is a 3 digit counter. Hence, it resets to zero after 999 kilometers. This is true in all examples of the baleno.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 19:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
The trip meter is a 3 digit counter. Hence, it resets to zero after 999 kilometers. This is true in all examples of the baleno.

Thanks Nissan1180
Old 15th June 2015, 22:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
That's a lovely example of a baleno that you have laid your hands on. Congrats and drive safe.

My affair with a Baleno lasted for a little over 3 years and I still reminiscence and cherish my days with it. Was a hoot to drive around in the city and on the highways.

Look around and you can find my ownership threads.

BTW that's a G16B engine.
HI Rj and other Baleno owners... can you please guide me wuith solutions for the below concerns. Appreciate all the information you can give. Thanks

1) I am now facing the typical khat khat sound of the steering column and it really annoys me, the SA says it is something that can be lived with considering there is no major issue with it and the steering is neither hard nor the oil is leaking. Option is still open whether I wish to change the Steering column if I want. But I want to know whether it can be fixed otherwise considering the steering column now costs about 13.5K (SGP) and I will have to wait about 15 days to one month post ordering.

2) The suspensions I feel have become weak and softer though its still manageable, I would like to know whether there are any suitable aftermarket replacements for the suspensions? if so which ones and how much would they cost ? How to source them or procure them? Stock suspensions are very expensive. Over all steering column and suspensions will cost me around 40K which is quite high for me. I am planning to keep this car for at least another couple of years considering the maintenance is reasonable and it’s a wonderful everyday car to drive.
Old 17th June 2015, 08:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Dude sorry missed your post.

Quote:

1) I am now facing the typical khat khat sound of the steering column and it really annoys me, the SA says it is something that can be lived with considering there is no major issue with it and the steering is neither hard nor the oil is leaking. Option is still open whether I wish to change the Steering column if I want. But I want to know whether it can be fixed otherwise considering the steering column now costs about 13.5K (SGP) and I will have to wait about 15 days to one month post ordering.
This is no brainer and is an imminent problem with the Baleno. Luckily I never ran into this problem with my car. Your SA is right, you can either choose to live with it or get it repaired.

From elsewhere on the forum
Quote:

During half or full turns, if I hit a pothole or a stone.. I have been noticing a “metallic clunking” noise from the steering column. While Maruti has changed the complete column the problem still persists.
The explanation provided is that “the pothole forces the hydraulic piston working inside the column to turn in the opposite direction as that of the steering wheel” hence the “metallic clunking” noise from the steering column which is of the hydraulic piston inside the steering column.

Maruti did offer me test drives on three other Baleno’s and all of them have the same problem.

I am told this is a design flaw with Hydraulic assisted Power assisted steering have this problem.
Quote:
2) The suspensions I feel have become weak and softer though its still manageable, I would like to know whether there are any suitable aftermarket replacements for the suspensions? if so which ones and how much would they cost ? How to source them or procure them? Stock suspensions are very expensive. Over all steering column and suspensions will cost me around 40K which is quite high for me. I am planning to keep this car for at least another couple of years considering the maintenance is reasonable and it’s a wonderful everyday car to drive.
Are you talking of the whole suspension itself or just the shock absorber/dampers/struts ? If its only the struts they arent very expensive for the Baleno, it sells a shade under 2k.
Aftermarket suspensions are available and Konis' off the shelf is a straight fit for the Baleno as far as I know. These sell for 40k or so IIRC.

Here is what I recommend.

- Take the car a competent independent garage and get the suspension checked. For all you know, it might just be the struts which is shot or the suspension bushes might have worn out.
- Back in the days we used shorter coil springs for a tad bit harder suspension setup. You can always visit any of the tuners here in town and ask for a suspension job. Usually these jobs aren't very costly.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 20:48   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Dude sorry missed your post.

This is no brainer and is an imminent problem with the Baleno. Luckily I never ran into this problem with my car. Your SA is right, you can either choose to live with it or get it repaired.

From elsewhere on the forum

Are you talking of the whole suspension itself or just the shock absorber/dampers/struts ? If its only the struts they arent very expensive for the Baleno, it sells a shade under 2k.
Aftermarket suspensions are available and Konis' off the shelf is a straight fit for the Baleno as far as I know. These sell for 40k or so IIRC.

Here is what I recommend.

- Take the car a competent independent garage and get the suspension checked. For all you know, it might just be the struts which is shot or the suspension bushes might have worn out.
- Back in the days we used shorter coil springs for a tad bit harder suspension setup. You can always visit any of the tuners here in town and ask for a suspension job. Usually these jobs aren't very costly.

Thanks Rj. I changed the tie rod end bush and the balance rod bushes which actually reduced a lot of noise coming from there. But the steering column has started now. This time I will get all the bushes checked and replaced if necessary.

More than suspensions, I am getting annoyed by the steering column noise everytime I go over a pothole or rough roads. Steering column costs abour 13500 and Struts for the Baleno now costs about 9200 each for the front, and 8700 for the rear, lower arms around 7500 each as far as I remember checking them out(prices may not be accurate). Baleno suspension change is very expensive. I checked with Koni's nothing is available now neither in Bilstein nor pedders. If Koni's are costing me around 40K then I would rather go for the SGP ones as they will work out cheaper around 45K for all round suspensions and lower arms etc., excluding labour.

I doubt that it is a design flaw its just that after a certain thousand kms the parts have wear and tear. Usually by what the SA says, Baleno's post 80K develop this problem which is a normal wear and tear. May be you were lucky that you didnt get these problems.

Can you suggest some reliable FNG to have a second opinion on Baleno suspensions?

One more question, since my mileage has gone down a bit, is it advisable to check the fuel filter or replace it since my car has run about 80K+? whats the usual interval or reason for changing of fuel filter?
Old 18th June 2015, 08:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you suggest some reliable FNG to have a second opinion on Baleno suspensions?
My car used be serviced at NEXUS on new BEL Road. I suggest you go to the same place D-bhp'ain Nikhilb goes to.
It's here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html . This place is run by a group of motor heads, ex-bhpians.

Contact Information

Bay6 Motorworks
Hosa Rd, Kasavanahalli
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560035

http://goo.gl/VSIhbs

bay6motors@gmail.com

Quote:
One more question, since my mileage has gone down a bit, is it advisable to check the fuel filter or replace it since my car has run about 80K+? whats the usual interval or reason for changing of fuel filter?
A good start to check the low economy , get it replaced. Some of the other reasons I can think of

- Get the O2 sensor checked/cleaned coz this usually is a culprit for bad mileage. Easy to pin point coz it comes with added issues like engine pinging and a rough idling.
- Get the throttle body cleaned if you haven't done it yet.
- Misfiring spark plugs.
- Clogged fuel injectors
- Dirty air filter
- Get a compression test done.
- Ignition coil could be another reason.
Old 18th June 2015, 19:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
My car used be serviced at NEXUS on new BEL Road. I suggest you go to the same place D-bhp'ain Nikhilb goes to.
It's here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html . This place is run by a group of motor heads, ex-bhpians.

Contact Information

Bay6 Motorworks
Hosa Rd, Kasavanahalli

bay6motors@gmail.com

A good start to check the low economy , get it replaced. Some of the other reasons I can think of

- Get the O2 sensor checked/cleaned coz this usually is a culprit for bad mileage. Easy to pin point coz it comes with added issues like engine pinging and a rough idling.
- Get the throttle body cleaned if you haven't done it yet.
- Misfiring spark plugs.
- Clogged fuel injectors
- Dirty air filter
- Get a compression test done.
- Ignition coil could be another reason.
Thanks Rj I will checking the things you suggested. Bay 6 is actually just about 10 mins distance from my home. I wasnt even aware about it.
Old 22nd June 2015, 19:27   #27
BHPian

[quote=rjstyles69;3733437]My car used be serviced at NEXUS on new BEL Road. I suggest you go to the same place D-bhp'ain Nikhilb goes to.

Contact Information

Bay6 Motorworks
Hosa Rd, Kasavanahalli

bay6motors@gmail.com

I had been to Bay 6 and had a good experience, Jeboy and Balachandra were courteous and very helpful. I got the complete front suspensions setup removed and refitted and figured out that the Ball joint and Tie rod end are the culprits for the noise coming in. A complete change for Ball joint, tie rod end and Lower arms will cost me about 29400.

One more issue I am facing now is the Clutch is becoming a bit harder compared to before. When I had changed the clutch about 5k kms before, the Clutch was feather lite and very smooth, Today got the clutch cable changed thinking thats the culprit. Previously when I had changed the clutch cable, it got sorted and was very free. But today even after changing the cable, it is just free but there is hardness in operating the Clutch.

Upon enquiring, I got to know that the Clutch that is coming for Baleno is MGP and not SGP. The folks at Pratham motors said thats normal for some cars to get hardness in the clutch after some driving etc., They somehow werent able to give me a convincing answer. I told them its just 5k run and how can it be feeling hard so soon.

I need clarity and information on this issue by fellow Bhpians and petrol heads...

1. Is the MGP Baleno clutch set worth it, I presume they will have a normal life of about 40K at best ? I guess it would even have impact of performance as my original clutch though had run about 65K was very good in terms of pickup.
2. I came to know that SGP clutch assembly with entire set is available for import from Delhi? Is it so ? if so any contacts and cost information ?
3. Any other reason why clutch is hard(not too much but its not completely light either), any other problem ? I have changed entire clutch assembly including plates, fly wheel, releasor bearing, cover, oil seal etc., just about 5K kms before.
4. Do i opt for some performance clutch upgrade like Exedy stage 1 etc.,?

Need some guidance to solve this problem or options to have better clutch response.
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Cars are expensive in Bangalore. further the Vehicle was less run and immaculately maintained so the owner can command a price. Getting a good baleno in bangalore is a challenge. so I didnt bother much about the price. its fairly a competent price in 2013 for its condition and being a single owner car.
Thats true, finding a good Baleno is quite difficult. After a long search my friend was able to lay his hands on one neatly maintained stock condition last Dec, paid 2.2L. It had run 42K kms and having new tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Maruti Baleno VXi - My Rocksteady Workhorse-img_0037.jpg  

2007 Maruti Baleno VXi - My Rocksteady Workhorse-img_0038.jpg  

Sudhindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 20:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Thats true, finding a good Baleno is quite difficult. After a long search my friend was able to lay his hands on one neatly maintained stock condition last Dec, paid 2.2L. It had run 42K kms and having new tyres.
Congrats on the new car Car really looks well maintained and pristine. Eager to read your ownership experience of your car. Even a friend of mine is searching for a well maintained Baleno betwen 2005-07 but he has been unlucky so far and coming across all bad ones.

Which Year and model your car is? First owner? 42K genuine, you are lucky dude, mine had run about 61K when I bought it.
Old 25th June 2015, 17:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the new car Car really looks well maintained and pristine. Eager to read your ownership experience of your car. Even a friend of mine is searching for a well maintained Baleno betwen 2005-07 but he has been unlucky so far and coming across all bad ones.

Which Year and model your car is? First owner? 42K genuine, you are lucky dude, mine had run about 61K when I bought it.
Thanks buddy. This one is a 2006 VXi. Having service history being last serviced at Indus motors Kerala. Had verified the records with a service center here in Bangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks