Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2008, 18:42   #181
Senior - BHPian

Leave the poor fellow alone. He has been thru a lot and he may not be in a postion to answer all your questions.
Old 7th June 2008, 19:36   #182
BHPian

I'm just glad sunson is still alive.

What baffles me is : Have people who've been doubting his "manliness" ever been mobbed by 10+ guys delivering 20 punches+kicks/second at different parts of the body. I believe anyone would go really numb in the brain to decide what to do at the time. It would be better to help him out in any way possible rather than thinking about how one would have "wished" to handle a situation one cannot even imagine.

Majority of us on this forum would surely agree, he did a great job just by coming out in one piece, so Thank God to that!

I sincerely believe that sunson, you should do everything possible to bring the dealer in once you're fit and fine. IF you have any threat from the people involved, you must immediately report it to the police. It wouldn't hurt to use any contacts that have some clout in your area and can help you speed this up.
Old 7th June 2008, 19:49   #183
Senior - BHPian

Well very sad indeed to read this thread, but thats how most of the people (like BIMAL guys) behave now a days :(.

I had very bad experience with BIMAL when I baught Swift and the way they dragged and handled my matter. Also I could clearly see they have very good contact and understanding from Maruti hence MUL officials back them up very much, so BIMAL take customers as granted and its worst ever dealer in Bangalore. I came to know about this when I asked customer's experience there. Anyway it does not mean other dealers are best but they are better than BIMAL at least. Lets avoid dealers (by birth they have such GOD gift to cheat but still keep find success ) who run for money not service.

I wish best of luck to sunson and my request just close the matter and make sure everything is solved peacefully at one shot rather back/forth follow up/discussion and going forward choose some other car which you like!

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 7th June 2008 at 19:51.
Old 7th June 2008, 20:13   #184
Senior - BHPian

I live quite far from bangalore, so can't tell about them! If the Bimal guys are such as written here, let us put it on the Black list. and ban the dealership. and recomend people to boycott it.

We are 20k+ strong force from every corner of the country.

Say what?

Last edited by SirAlec : 7th June 2008 at 20:15.
Old 8th June 2008, 12:11   #185
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Hmm, I dunno whether you've been at the receiving end of a mob experience or not - but in these cases there is not much by way of "letting them" do this or that. The mob reacts quite unpredictably, and I assure you, from experience, that the prospect of a knife pointed at your face is not a pleasant one.[/quote
]

Absolutely true. The prospect of having a knife or a gun pointed towards you is certainly not a pleasant one and i'm glad i haven't been in that unfortunate incident but isn't the saying, "thinking right is half the battle won" hold any value any more? As children, we've also got into scuffle and there were times when we've been outnumbered, so in that case, what did we do, just take the punches and came back crying to mama or atleast made the effort of landing 1 jab on the nearest person around or the one whom you hate the most. What a mob does is that it only piles onto if it sees that you are being intimidated but when they see the person not backing down, the reverse psychology comes into play and a few of the people do try to break up the scenario. Well, in any case, no point fretting about this now. All I meant to point out was that in case if sunson does happen to land himself in the same situation even again(unfortunately), then either he should retaliate or simply run. That would make him a hero. Just sitting there and taking the beating will not help. This time he was lucky that he was saved by the passing gentleman, next time, it may not so be the case.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
i don't think that you have been at the receiving end in such a mishap. and about your second point, do you think after being bashed n thrashed the whole day, anyone would have the stamina or the ***** to resist with only his 60yr old father and wife along.
What would one do if the same situation is changed to a mob of 7-10 guys teasing his wife? would he just sit back and take it there? India is a democratic country and I don't see anywhere where it says that you are allowed to beat the crap out of someone.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
yeah sunson, you really disappointed us.
After an accident which wrecked a car and almost killed you, you should have gone on and fought the mob.
Maybe set an example for all of them so they never mess with anyone again.
While at it you should have gone ahead and did something about the oil price hike.
Gone ahead and busted the terrorists network and made India a safer place.
Ignorance and sarcasm is not a bliss or a virtue my friend. Road rage is a pretty serious thing and not sure but here in Delhi it's witnessed by many every passing day. Here the fact, "offense is the best defence" does hold true. Having a broken nose is any day better than having a broken self respect but then again, this is entirely my opinon. I could be wrong but then again, that's just me. If you think road rage is allowed, then maybe the mods could put up a poll.

Quote:
Glad that the worst is over.
Now all that remains is paperwork.
I pray that this entire episode ends in your favor. Amen.
I second that

Quote:
What baffles me is : Have people who've been doubting his "manliness" ever been mobbed by 10+ guys delivering 20 punches+kicks/second at different parts of the body. I believe anyone would go really numb in the brain to decide what to do at the time. It would be better to help him out in any way possible rather than thinking about how one would have "wished" to handle a situation one cannot even imagine.

Majority of us on this forum would surely agree, he did a
great job just by coming out in one piece, so Thank God to that!

I guess I've made a very valid point that just sitting there and taking the punches is not acceptable nor is delivering the punches but if we don't retaliate, then the mob fury will only grow. Important thing is to realise that why is the mob fury there. Why do we take out our personal frustrations on someone else especially involving a road accident.
Also, what I would like to think about is, why did he take the beating, sign the papers, if he wasn't at fault. People who are not at fault, do undergo peer pressure but don't give in. Sunson here, just gave in and this is something that makes me wonder, WHY? WHY? WHY?

I wish him all the best to make sure that he gets out of all this mess.
Good Luck Sunson
M2S
Old 8th June 2008, 12:50   #186
BHPian

i think sunson needs to give us some evidence of this mishap. like the pics of the car or his face. i think if we are gonna take such a step of putting a dealership on black list then we need some proofs.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:00   #187
BHPian

hey folks,
i totally disagree with M2S' comments on sunson's manliness etc.
anyway, sunson has gone through a lot and hope he gets over it. something is holding him back from responding. if that is the case, we would appreciate it if he could confirm that so that the moderators can close the thread. anyway sunson we are with you and do let us know if you would like the thread closed.
cheers,
Harsha
Old 9th June 2008, 13:06   #188
BHPian

This is truly a very bad situation in anyone's life, beaten up in front of your dad and wife huh that's really heartbreaking, cool in Sunson, good you didn't speak a word in TAMIL, huh then you might have been dead there I belive. I was hit by a TATA Sumo cab at the back of my car and all cabs passing that way stopped and started to shout at me in Kannada as if I did a mistake, I didn't speak a word (me being Tamil too) and luckily the mob gathered was in favour of me since it was a narrow road (Whitefield Road) and that guy was really racing, there was no fight though, but the Sumo wala apologized and zoom he diappeared with all other cabs.
In these situations our common senses will not give you any idea or even worst you will shiver that you will not be able to utilize your power over the mob, if you are really well built weighing 80+Kgs then the mob will think twice before keeping thier hands on you, cool jokes apart I guess almost everyone has given thier valuable suggestions, and I deeply regret what has happend to Sunson, take care dude.
Old 9th June 2008, 16:05   #189
VBV
BHPian

[ slightly off topic ]
Well, I (me being Kannadiga) would really ask you to revisit your opinion on speaking in Kannada v/s not speaking. AFAIK, these people who hit use language or any other factor to their benefit. Such people would not ever belong to any language. Its usually the local rowdies that use language as an instrument to gain some moral value. Most of the times, they themselves are not natives.

For eg., recently the Kannada Rakshana Vedike staged a lot of protests for the airport shifting in Bangalore. They said the local HAL airport employees suffered a lot and they need to be rehired. But the funny thing is, the last time I went to HAL airport, we got three porters to pick luggage and all of them were Tamilians who did not know Kannada.

So I would really request people to revisit some of the statements regarding speaking Kannada, as it kind of reflects low on the language. And I am sure, any Kannadiga in Sunson's place or kingshan's place would have received a similar harassment. When language is not an issue, IT or rich v/s poort becomes an issue to resort to lawlessness.

Sorry for going offtopic, but this has raised in the thread a few times.

Regards,
VBV
Old 9th June 2008, 17:59   #190
BHPian

Suson,

Sorry to hear that and wish you all the best to get over all the hurdles you have now.
Quote:
I remember once in Goa there was a truck driver who banged into a lady in a M800 and was beaten up by the public... Few weeks later I seen the same lady making a dangerous turn off the highway on the same place where the accident took place.
Quote:

6. The further you push this, the more money you'll have to drain as apparently it's appers to be your fault. Driving with a cell phone, no witnesses to defend you. Crashing the car. Keeping your foot on the accelerator and the dealer guy nudging you off it. I'm not trying to scare you, but just telling you that this is another perspective and maybe, it's worth a thought.

Folks, please stop arguing on based on language.

No matter where you go in this country and you are involved in a serious accident like this without having a valid reason(EPS Failure??) visible to the common man and you can not convey why it happened, it is expected as it could have caused damages to lives of people involved in the event. I would think irrespective of whether it is kannidiga's life or anybody else life, it matter's most than anything else for that moment(IMHO am not saying that you should beat up someone in that case) and it is very difficult to control the mob also.

Request to mods:

Could this thread be closed while we wait for any response from Suson instead of growing this with off-topic sub threads.

Last edited by ravikn : 9th June 2008 at 18:08.
Old 10th June 2008, 13:16   #191
BHPian

VBV & ravikn
I didn't mean to hurt anyone here for being a Kanadiga or Tamilian, moreover am not against them or the language, the situation we where tied up into creates a kinda senses that we should refrain from using our mother tongue, may be it, no one can understand Tamil even if I speak coz they where speaking Kanada or mere to avoid more conflicts as VBV mentioned about some rowdies, I was conversing with them in Hindi but none replied back but where speaking only Kannada hence I refrained talking to them, but the mob who gathered whom I said supported me where all localites and I am really grateful to them.

Chill out guys, where ever we go we are in India

Anyways, mods can close this thread as ravikn suggested.
Old 10th June 2008, 15:38   #192
Senior - BHPian

Guys, cool down. Board rules of this forum does not permit us to write as above. Better we switch over to the topic rather than discussing OT.

Hope suson is reading and will update on the latest....
Old 10th June 2008, 16:18   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshan View Post
VBV & ravikn
I didn't mean to hurt anyone here for being a Kanadiga or Tamilian, moreover am not against them or the language, the situation we where tied up into creates a kinda senses that we should refrain from using our mother tongue, may be it, no one can understand Tamil even if I speak coz they where speaking Kanada or mere to avoid more conflicts as VBV mentioned about some rowdies, I was conversing with them in Hindi but none replied back but where speaking only Kannada hence I refrained talking to them, but the mob who gathered whom I said supported me where all localites and I am really grateful to them.

Chill out guys, where ever we go we are in India

Anyways, mods can close this thread as ravikn suggested.
Even I have been abused in Kannada. They do this even before they know what your mother tongue is. You can't expect someone to abuse you in your convenient language.

So, please lock or close this thread.
Old 10th June 2008, 20:28   #194
BHPian

Firstly, thank God nothing happened to anyone. Secondly, Sorry Sunson that you had to go through all this.
Before I continue I want everyone to know I do find everything wrong about what the dealer did but nobody here wants to think about the two other guys in the car. Lets reverse the situation a little bit, what if one of the guys from the dealer was driving and a customer and his friend or family was sitting in the car and such a thing happened, im sure most of you still blame the dealer, either for reckless driving or hirirng a guy who cant drive! Spare a thought for those guys in the car!
Im not sure how far the dealership is from the road you were driving, but come on man you hadn't figured out how the steering works? on an almost empty road, while trying to pass you couldn't judge how much to turn the steering? wow!
I'm not against anyone here but if you dont know how o drive well or even not confident enough please act resposnsibly and have some one you trust drive the car for you!
Why is everyone after insurance and cash? what if something ghastly had happened? Afterall an inexperienced driver did put harmless people's life in danger.
As Mr Bhat said and I totally agree, Thank your lucky stars! Money wil come and go but nothing happened to anybodys life. You can easily live with a loss but you cannot with guilt of killing somebody!
Sorry, if this harsh but its my opinion.
Old 10th June 2008, 20:35   #195
Senior - BHPian

people stop digging out others languages please. topic is altogether different and the subject sunson is missing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks