Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 23:04   #1

Got my New Fiesta ZXi!

Guys,

I bought the new Fiesta Zxi (Morello, they call it, I call it dark lilac bordering on chocolate !!) on 2nd July from Trivandrum. Price remains 1000/- less, so Ford is welcome to do any change on the old model.
I should say it looks many years younger compared to the older model due to the smaller front grille. Upgrading from an Indica V2, it is definitely much superior !! But I have grown to increasingly love the solid handling.

They say new lightings etc. which may be true but do not really distinguish from old.

Rear is more European and sharp cuts and looks much smarter than the front.

Gears are a bit sticky at this point (hoping it is due to the new vehicle and will become better sooon.) Gear feels solid, doors give a good thud and overall I feel the car can take up a reasonable smash (not that I want it to :-)).
Car gives 15 to the litre now (as per estimate remaining), my running is not much, basically city driving and have run about half tank now (around 400 km).

Would have loved another 20 bhp surely but still can feel the power coursing when beyond 1800-2000 rpm. Feel the urge to push the pedal when that power kicks in ! and then I remember it is a new engine.

Overall pretty happy with the package, service has been good till now but Ford really fails in sorting out little irritants. Was supposed to have got fog lamps, and knw Ford did not have stock, so decided on spoiler, then knew that is also out of stock and then came news about the extended warranty but the people did not have a clue on the details of it till yesterday. Really gave a mouthing to the parts manager and then suddenly things started to happen (guess his pressure on Ford worked quickly). Hope to fit them out by tomorrow. So much for Ford's ability to handle such silly issues.
Old 25th July 2008, 08:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

is it diesel or petrol ?
But FE seems it should be a Diesel.
Put some pictures both Exterior and Interiors
Old 25th July 2008, 09:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

I have seen the interiors of new 1.6 and i was spellbound.
Other car manufacturers could take a few lessons actually.
Old 25th July 2008, 09:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoin View Post
Was supposed to have got fog lamps, and knw Ford did not have stock, so decided on spoiler, then knew that is also out of stock and then came news about the extended warranty but the people did not have a clue on the details of it till yesterday.

I thought ZXI had come with the fog lamps!!
Old 25th July 2008, 22:47   #5
BHPian

@potatoin, Congratulations on the new purchase. I'm sure you are going to love driving this vehicle for long.

It's a welcome face-lift to the Fiesta and i really like the front grill. It looks lot sportier than the older version.
Old 26th July 2008, 21:55   #6
BHPian

Congrats buddy!
It's a mind blowing vehicle and i've got the new one too.by the way the same colour too.mine is a petrol and looks like there are loads of people going for the new one.welcome upgrade from ford.
Old 27th July 2008, 15:13   #7

More Details

It is a Diesel.. Sorry about that. Fitted the spoiler and fog lamps and it turned a few eyes . Looks pretty decent. With silver finish on the edges of the fog lamps and rear view mirror and the middle of the beeding, the vehicle may look stunning. Guess will go without that for the time being..
Ran 650 on the first 45 litres (full tank) giving FE of around 14. Hope it improves dramatically in the days to come. The more I drive the more I am starting to like it. The comfort it gives to your back is great so you want to drive on and on. My wife likes it since I am ready to go to any place repeatedly now !! Guess being diesel helps .

I have even learned to squeeze in into the driver seat quickly but it is a pain, I must say and am not even 6 ft (5'8'').

Fitted a Sony stereo with USB model and JBL speakers (5'9'' on the rear, Ford has provision for only 5'7'' speakers so modified the rear speaker board for a good upholstery job worth 1150/-). The total pack cost ~13K. Add sun film (2.8K) + stitched beige colour seat cover (4K). For a total of 21K at the car accessories shop, the car is now ready. The guy also
placed some transparent plastic sheets (tucked into beedings) on the exposed portions in and around the mats to prevent head aches due to mud etc. It does get spoilt very quickly.

Ford gave me 7K free and I had to pay another 8.7K for spoiler, beedings, fog lamps and antenna.

Can somene tell me if anyone has been able to fill more than 45 ? The spec say 45 but filled 48 on my first tank and now 47 (ran almost empty on that and the estimate helped immeasureably as I was able to know whether I will reach the petrol pump or not).

Want to know whether the pump was wrong or does the tank capacity vary (Ford initially said 45 +/- 2 for full tank).

Ford (madras) called to check up on details and gave all complaints. Hope others benefit.

Can someone also tell me when you can take the extended warranty ? Ford has now covered 1,00,000 or two years on base warranty + additional warranty for 1 or 2 more years with the option to take it for 1,50,000 KM or if someone is sure to be within 1 L at 4 years, can take just the extension for 2 more years at a lower price. Price not yet known and when to take it is also awaited.
Old 27th July 2008, 18:14   #8
BHPian

Congrats potatoin!

Quote:
...but filled 48 on my first tank and now 47 (ran almost empty on that and the estimate helped immeasureably as I was able to know whether I will reach the petrol pump or not).
i
I guess it is a big risk to run a diesel so close, from what I read in Ford manual. It may damage the engine.
Old 27th July 2008, 19:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!! Want to see pics of your new car. Whats the On road price of the zxi.

Ran 650 on the first 45 litres. ???? you've already done 650 kms...???
Old 28th July 2008, 22:46   #10

Sorry guys, will post the pics in the next few days. Have run another 120 km on the refill. I do not want to believe it but the estimate indicates it will run another 660 km (which will make it 780 Km with 47 L for a FE of 16.5 +). Hope it is true . Really loved the touch and feel of the aerodynamic shape while washing. It is a smooth progression from the rear over the roof. Guess it is probably progression from Indica .
Old 28th July 2008, 23:05   #11

Thanks Danlalan. The on-road price inclusive of extra things I have put will come to 8.4 L for the Zxi (including a no claim bonus of 45%).

I also found the following things. When I push it at speed in the corners, tyre grip is good but body roll could have been damped better. Similarly on gutter roads, the suspension should damp more. It is not as good as a santro which I believe has one of the better damps as it rides over the holes and bumps.

I have the following queries to BHPians.
1. I find the bright beam not so bright. Should I change the lamps now ? Mostly no night highway/low lit road drives.
2. There is slight rattle during vibrations caused when the speed is not sufficient for the gear. It is heard only during such times but feels could be the front dashboard panels. It is a minor irritant but you expect solid build for such cars. Anybody else has such problems ?
Old 5th August 2008, 09:30   #12
BHPian

Quote:
There is slight rattle during vibrations caused when the speed is not sufficient for the gear. It is heard only during such times but feels could be the front dashboard panels. It is a minor irritant but you expect solid build for such cars. Anybody else has such problems ?
I had a similar rattle emanating from the dashboard panel but that was for the first few days and then it vanished. I thought I'd get it checked at the first service but it just went away on it's own and wasn't there at the time of servicing. My fiesta is 2 months old and it hasn't come back so far...

Also what did your dealer say about first service? Is it on 1500 or 5000 Kms?
Old 5th August 2008, 09:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Can somene tell me if anyone has been able to fill more than 45 ? The spec say 45 but filled 48 on my first tank and now 47 (ran almost empty on that and the estimate helped immeasureably as I was able to know whether I will reach the petrol pump or not).

Want to know whether the pump was wrong or does the tank capacity vary (Ford initially said 45 +/- 2 for full tank).
Congrats on you buy , happy motoring

45 liters is the fuel tank capacity , but if you have a really patient petrol pump operator you may be able to fill in more deisel as you have already noticed , this volume of diesel is in the fuel lines and in the pipes leadingto the tank. I have a Verna CRDi which has a official capacity of about 45 liters but can fill up to 48 liters if you fill in real slow.

But i never let the car run so low in diesel , as even a steep incline may cause air to get sucked into the fuel lines and cause problems. Better not let the reserve lamp turn on , i never let my fuel drop below the quarter mark.
Old 5th August 2008, 13:34   #14
BHPian

No matter what the DTE shows, I am sure you'll easily be able to drive more than that. Specially on a tank full, the DTE shows about 600 kms for a long time. I have gotten my fiesta 1.4 petrol filled up to the brim real slow and it takes about 44ltrs everytime. FE is about 15 or more since I easily do more than 630 kms before the next refill.

So basically it has excellent FE. You are right about the comfortable seats, lumbar support is what I freak out on. And it is as fuel efficient as my old matiz which amazes me!
Old 17th August 2008, 22:19   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
I had a similar rattle emanating from the dashboard panel but that was for the first few days and then it vanished. I thought I'd get it checked at the first service but it just went away on it's own and wasn't there at the time of servicing. My fiesta is 2 months old and it hasn't come back so far...

Also what did your dealer say about first service? Is it on 1500 or 5000 Kms?
Good for you that it vanished. I still have my doubts and will wait till first service. The first service is at 5000 or 3 months and the second at 10000 or 6 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks