Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 00:22   #406
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see the bonnet. never mind these things happen in chennai traffic. Go and change the bonnet mate!! and paint the grill to black and make your white beauty more beautiful!!
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:33   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I am tempted to pull your leg, but it seems that you are in love with

Attachment 292675

motors limited?
or is it that TASS loves you?
That's a good one.

Defintely not both. Both of them are enablers of make my beauty stay in shape.

I love my Linea as much as i love myself.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:33   #408
BHPian

Ouch Binze, This hurts. Wishing your car a 'Get Well Soon'

I may be paranoid here, but the letter issued by Concorde does not mention the word 'rust' anywhere. It just mentions cosmetic issues. If possible, get this corrected to avoid future problems.
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:26   #409
Senior - BHPian

banzjon,

very sorry to hear about this accident :( Thankfully airbags haven’t opened rite! else that would have been of more headache! Wish your beauty will be back soon. Any idea what is the impact level or point to which the airbags open?

@ sid,

too good
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:06   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Received the letter from FIAT through Concorde Motors for the work carried on replacing the rusted doors.

Couldnt attach the scanned letter. So typing it out for everyone to read.

The letter is on the Concorde Motors letter head signed by the CRM. I have an email confirming that FIAT-TATA jv is authorising Concorde motors to issue a letter on behalf of them.

Dated : 10 February 2010

Mr. Binze John
xxx
xxx
Chennai

Dear Sir,

Sub : Regarding your complaint in vehicle bearing Regn No : TN xx BW xxxx

This refers to your Linea, Regn No. TN xx BW xxxx attended vide job card nos. 13872 and 16789

Concerns referred with regards to cosmetic/ sheet metal were understood with help from FIAT India. As a special case, additional support was initiated through our authorised vendor to ensure jobs carried are to your satisfaction.

Said car is attended as per terms and conditions of FIAT warranty policy, by replacing the affected parts, which could have otherwise got repaired. This step was carried as a very special case to ensure customer confidence and satisfaction.

The car is free from any defects and carries a warranty as per the warranty policy provided by the manufacturer.

We assure you of our best atention and request you to get in touch with us for any clarifications and assistance in this regard.

Please do feel free to get in touch with us for any further assistance.
Assuring you of our Best services at all times.

Thanks and Regards,
for Concorde Motors India Ltd.

Sd/-

S Sivakumar
Customer Relations Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzerus View Post
Ouch Binze, This hurts. Wishing your car a 'Get Well Soon'

I may be paranoid here, but the letter issued by Concorde does not mention the word 'rust' anywhere. It just mentions cosmetic issues. If possible, get this corrected to avoid future problems.
Nagendra, the letter has a mention to the Job card where it is mentioned rust treatment to the doors and doors replaced due to rusting etc.

Similarly the letter states " your complaint......regarding your Linea......" i have all supporting emails send to FIAT regarding the rusting. So i think, i am covered fairly ( not thought about the legal angle etc).

Fiat was little hesitent to give me a letter with words like rusting etc. Finally managed to convince them to mention about references like my complaint to them, job card etc which has fair mention about the problems in detail.

I had called you on Sunday to check about your test drive. You were not available and later i couldnt pick your call as i was watching MNIK with my mobile in low ring volume. I noticed very late in the night and dint want to trouble you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
banzjon,

very sorry to hear about this accident :( Thankfully airbags haven’t opened rite! else that would have been of more headache! Wish your beauty will be back soon. Any idea what is the impact level or point to which the airbags open?
Mine is "emotion" variant. Doesn't have airbags

The speed while this happened was around 25-30 kmph.
In my case, the dent is very small and has impacted only the outer shell. I dont think so the airnbags open at this speed.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:19   #411
Senior - BHPian

sad to see your car in this state bnzjon.
i too feel very bad if i get a small scratch.
But in Chennai,we have to live with this stupidity of driving skills.
wait for your car comes back with original fit and shine
Enjoy and ride safe
Old 24th February 2010, 09:41   #412
BHPian

I am yet to give the car for insurance claim/bonnet replacement. I need the car desperately as i am too busy at office and have very high level visitors from my headoffice who need to be taken out for lunch/dinner etc ( keeping bosses happy )

I have requested Concorde for a loaner car and for some strange reason they are refusing me the car offering excuses. TASS has the facility of offering loaner car if the repair works exceed more than 1 day. Now TASS claims that loaner car is given only if the car is repaired for any fault of the manufacturer and not for accident repairs caused by the owner.

I will give the car on Saturday for repairs. Till then have to digest seeing my dented beauty.

Just received a call from the TASS on the pricelist (approx) for parts

Bonnet - Rs. 5200
Front Grille (without FIAT logo) - Rs. 1350
Rear bumper chrome strip (per piece) - Rs. 2000

Including VAT, taxes etc.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 12:56. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 24th February 2010, 16:40   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rear bumper chrome strip (per piece) - Rs. 2000
just confirm this as the other day Raja told me it was 1.6k

does the bonnet with painting costs 5200? the spare parts comparison chart mentions a cost of 5.8k so you are getiing 600 rs cheaper

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...comparison.pdf

front gril is also cheap!!!
Old 25th February 2010, 00:42   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
just confirm this as the other day Raja told me it was 1.6k

does the bonnet with painting costs 5200? the spare parts comparison chart mentions a cost of 5.8k so you are getiing 600 rs cheaper

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...comparison.pdf

front gril is also cheap!!!
Ashwin, these were approximate price which he told me after checking with the spares dept.

Bonnet should be Rs. 5200 as the same was mentioned in Fastlove and Opendra's post.
Remember, the cost is only for the bare bonnet. Painting the bonnet to match the rest of the car is additional cost.

Front grille is damn cheap- just rs. 1350 but the rear chrome strip ( fibre with chrome finish) is costly when compared to the grille.

These should be pre-tax prices.

You know Concorde guys very well. They have never followed the price chart to the T. Even for the dinitrol treatment they quoted Rs. 300 more than what they charged you and i had to show your bill copy for a reduction.

The worst part is the cost for the painting job. There is no logic behind their quotes. They charge you as they wish.

Many a times i have succeeded in reducing the rates after a little negotiation (from Rs. 3500 to Rs. 1000 ).

Last edited by bnzjon : 25th February 2010 at 00:43.
Old 25th February 2010, 02:43   #415
BHPian

My God! its 2.40 am and i am still logged onto T-BHP.

For the last 6 months i am spending so much time reading all the articles and endup sleeping late. I catchup with sleep on saturdays and sundays till lunch time.

Team BHP has made me LAZYYYY. I am online 24 hrs with my laptop.
Old 25th February 2010, 07:18   #416
BHPian

Quote:
My God! its 2.40 am and i am still logged onto T-BHP.

For the last 6 months i am spending so much time reading all the articles and endup sleeping late. I catchup with sleep on saturdays and sundays till lunch time.

Team BHP has made me LAZYYYY. I am online 24 hrs with my laptop.
, same here ... since december i've become very addicted to this forum. My wifey complains often, doesn't your wifey crib abt this (asking this thinking you are married).
Old 25th February 2010, 09:27   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
, same here ... since december i've become very addicted to this forum. My wifey complains often, doesn't your wifey crib abt this (asking this thinking you are married).
I am MARRIED

We had many a fights on this. Everytime i switch on my laptop, she "orders" me with some household chores.

Atleast she is happy with me these days (thanks to T BHP) that i am staying put at home with my laptop.

What my parents and wifey couldnt do all these years, T BHP made it with ease. I am at home in the AC comfort glued onto T-BHP
Old 25th February 2010, 09:59   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am MARRIED

We had many a fights on this. Everytime i switch on my laptop, she "orders" me with some household chores.

Atleast she is happy with me these days (thanks to T BHP) that i am staying put at home with my laptop.

What my parents and wifey couldnt do all these years, T BHP made it with ease. I am at home in the AC comfort glued onto T-BHP
I thought I am the only one having fights with wifey over browsing TBhp, often sitting at home and doing nothing
Old 25th February 2010, 11:05   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I thought I am the only one having fights with wifey over browsing TBhp, often sitting at home and doing nothing
@neon - you've got quite a number to give you company on that

@all - What is the tyre pressure to be maintained on Linea MJD for highway trips ? Do we have to follow any different PSI's if tyres are filled with nitrogen ?
Old 25th February 2010, 12:26   #420
BHPian

I recently got Nitrogen filled in tyres during my 1st service. The recommended pressure is 32 in all tyres and that's what was done with mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
@neon - you've got quite a number to give you company on that

@all - What is the tyre pressure to be maintained on Linea MJD for highway trips ? Do we have to follow any different PSI's if tyres are filled with nitrogen ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks