Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 16:48   #286
Senior - BHPian

I was planning on a Linea for an office guest car, but the vote is now on this new Manza, and I too will drive it around while its new!

Getting a white or silver, depending on whats available at the Gurgaon dealership at the moment.

Shahid
Old 21st October 2009, 19:03   #287
Senior - BHPian

More pix of Indigo Manza

More pix; check the ground clearance,concealed tail pipe, space with two driver & co abroad and the gorgeous lights.

Long shot pix reminds me of Peugeot.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-21102009020.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-21102009021.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-21102009022.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-21102009023.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-21102009024.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-21102009025.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-21102009026.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-21102009027.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-21102009028.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-21102009029.jpg  

Last edited by jkdas : 21st October 2009 at 19:06.
Old 21st October 2009, 19:15   #288
BHPian

Somehow dont like the front look of the car.

It looks like the car is really sad.

From what I read , looks like people dont like the back.Yes , it is kind of 'boxy' , but I feel it is done really well with the Crome and the Brake Light Cluster.

Personally like the back rather than the front.
Old 21st October 2009, 19:38   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
1) Didn't look long like I thought it would
Top end to cost 7.lac OTR Trivandrum.

Thanks to Kulanthungal Motors, Trivandrum.
Any comments on the interiors JK?

I simple words if you have 6 to 7 lakhs to spend will you buy this car?
Old 21st October 2009, 20:16   #290
BHPian

At last, it's great to be here.. My Dad owns a Maruti 800 (91 model) and we adore it. Now, it's my turn to get a beauty (subjective). Budget 5 to 6 lakhs. I have been on "research mode" the past 6 months, for a sedan and the only car that made the cut was Swift Dzire ( the dealer's don't even call you back).
Now, at last, I have a choice. I have planned to go for the Manza petrol-Aura(ABS). Planning to go for a TD this week but the only problem is colour. I am happy with the Red but Black looks better (silver or minimal grey is not my taste). As the dealers have only a car or two, it's hard to imagine colours like Breeze blue, Satin gold and the others. It would be great if my fellow BHPians can help me out ( Photos ).
Old 21st October 2009, 20:25   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
At last, it's great to be here.. My Dad owns a Maruti 800 (91 model) and we adore it. Now, it's my turn to get a beauty (subjective). Budget 5 to 6 lakhs. I have been on "research mode" the past 6 months, for a sedan and the only car that made the cut was Swift Dzire ( the dealer's don't even call you back).
Now, at last, I have a choice. I have planned to go for the Manza petrol-Aura(ABS). Planning to go for a TD this week but the only problem is colour. I am happy with the Red but Black looks better (silver or minimal grey is not my taste). As the dealers have only a car or two, it's hard to imagine colours like Breeze blue, Satin gold and the others. It would be great if my fellow BHPians can help me out ( Photos ).
This thread contains most of the photos of Manza available on Internet.
Old 21st October 2009, 20:31   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post

Yes, i will.
Having said that if i have 8-9 lacs i will go for Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
Not entirely true.
Last few pages have pics which members had taken themselves.
I didn't clicked any cos this thread already has all the areas covered.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:25   #293

Greetings all. My first post:
Well, I have already booked the Manza! I realize it sounds quite dumb to book a car without a TD, but this was under a strict assurance that I can withdraw the entire booking amount in case the TD is unsatisfactory. (Early booking ensures early delivery, I am told. Hope this is true.)
I was allowed to fill in the colour and the exact model later, but I had to choose between Safire and QJ and I went for Safire.
Now waiting for the TD car to arrive. Also, am keenly waiting for GTO's detailed review, and I request him to review the petrol version also, and not limit only to the diesel version like most people do when they look at Tata cars.
Looking forward to interacting with TBHP experts,
Sumu
Old 21st October 2009, 21:42   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
That's right but if others have seen the remaining coloured cars (satin gold, breeze blue etc.) while visiting the showrooms, please post it. Thanks.
Old 21st October 2009, 22:31   #295
BHPian

The Vista never made a difference to Swift numbers. I expect the same with dzire. I feel it is the value seeking indigo customers who will shift to Manza. Cross shopping may affect Linea to some extent. Manza will create a niche of its own.
Old 21st October 2009, 22:31   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post

Dont count on my words, google or ivestigate.
IMHO,none can beat with respect to package and the great National engine.

emm, this car comes with ('now') National engine, Chinese price and American space.

I will love more power, I am yet to be tamed, BUT its me, for a family this is adequate. Comeon, Linea at a higher price sells a lot.
Quote:
Dealers will get more color shortly. The ones you see are display cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s[B
umujumdar[/b];1542437]Greetings all. My first post:
Well, I have already booked the Manza! I realize it sounds quite dumb to book a car without a TD, but this was under a strict assurance that I can withdraw the entire booking amount in case the TD is unsatisfactory. (Early booking ensures early delivery, I am told. Hope this is true.)
I was allowed to fill in the colour and the exact model later, but I had to choose between Safire and QJ and I went for Safire.
Now waiting for the TD car to arrive. Also, am keenly waiting for GTO's detailed review, and I request him to review the petrol version also, and not limit only to the diesel version like most people do when they look at Tata cars.
Looking forward to interacting with TBHP experts,
Sumu
At almost 7.3lac OTR, who gives you all these. Yes, QA is my biggest concern and Tata's. If they have sorted out this, hei, you have a winner.

Quote:
That's right but if others have seen the remaining coloured cars (satin gold, breeze blue etc.) while visiting the showrooms, please post it. Thanks.
As I said, wait few more days.
Old 21st October 2009, 22:53   #297
BHPian

Booking a Minimal grey / arctic silver - Manza Aura safire 90 for my sister tomorrow. Havent got a TD of this but the she drove the 1.4 bhp Linea and also the 1.2 safire engine. Acceleration is adequate but the driveability is good.
The car looks great , offers a lot over the competetion.
Does look a lot richer than the price tag. Fit and finish looks good . Only noticeable lapse is the indifferent panel gap of the fuel lid and very very poor quality power window switches.
rest is as good as Ritz / Dezire. Finish and the colors are pretty good.
Space is simply unbeatable and the car on display in minimal grey has shades of Corolla altis from behind and nose of sx4 .
Dash is quite good and the dials are quite nice a major improvement over the vista.
Old 21st October 2009, 23:06   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thanks to Kulanthungal Motors, Trivandrum.
Your last line in the post is the only fly in the ointment. How many in Trivandrum who are Team-BHP members will have the guts to trust the TATA cars with them. You will have to drive all the way to Concorde Cochin for anything other than oil change.
Sreejith from Trivandrum will fill in the details if you ask it of him. He is coming all the way from there to Cochin for routine service.
Old 21st October 2009, 23:50   #299
BHPian

WoW Raining Manza bookings, without TD and most of them Saffire-Petrol first time in Tata's history . It was a great move Tata, by integrating the Saffire engine.
Can we expect a petrol turbo in sub six lac segment?
Old 22nd October 2009, 00:27   #300
BHPian

Watched the reviews on NDTV profit, Zee Business and CNBC overdrive.
CNBC gives an OK report

NDTV says that the car may have some problems like
1. More space between the door hinges and pillars which may mean less noise insulated cabin and noise during high speeds due to wind flow
2. OK kind of ride and handling
3. OK kind of pick-up which may still attract family car buyers
4. Best Tata has ever produced... but did not speak about Logans, Dezires, Accents
5. Very spacious and VFM option against Dezire

Zee business
1. Satisfactory car. Spacious and VFM
2. Average ride and handling
3. Noisy cabin.

To Noisy cabin, it reminds me that the same comment was given to Grande Punto also. I wonder, which of the diesel cars have relatively quitest cabins?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks