Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2008, 17:07   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
According to many, I don't. They say I look like some infamous turban laden who happens to come from the lands of unlimited harems.
Oh! Some are bins laden with sand.
Old 20th April 2008, 19:12   #482
Senior - BHPian

Thats some experience ! I am sure every t-BHP-ian will feel close to theCouple, after reading this blog.

That they consider us their immediate family to share their moments of joy(and utter confusion), with us.

I am honored, Sam. I am sure every other t-BHPian will share my sentiment.
Old 20th April 2008, 21:32   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Epilogue - After the incident

You're going to write about this incident aren't you?
No, no (smiling)
Don't lie. See your face. This is going into your blog isn't it?
Well...it was funny. But no, I will not write about it if you don't want me to.
Yes, it was. heh heh. OK write about it if you like, it is funny. The guys on the forum will think it is super funny-I know it.
But don't you DARE say something stupid about me. I'm warning you. Smiling.
I promise. Kiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
So were you made to buy new ones at gunpoint
No gunpoint required.

We were able to buy some replacement glasses at Pondicherry town that evening, not as nice (to her) as the ones she lost, but enough to keep her squinting at the sun.
We had another day to spend swimming in Chennai. We hunted for a new bikinis. Right from Pondy town to Auroville - nothing.
It is not common in India to be able to buy a range of bikinis everywhere. Swimsuits (one piece) yes, not nice bikinis. I know you get nice bikinis at Goa, I've seen hundreds of excellent ones.
But I guess owing to the fact the pondy town has no proper beach as such...

Perhaps we would have been luckier at Chennai city. But then we had no time. No, the next day she had to wear some loose fitting nylon shorts that belonged to me that she HATED along with that bikini top.

TheOne® visited the beach later that evening and scoured it in the hope of finding one blue bikini bottom, washed up on the shore. She was unsuccessful. Luckily for me she doesn't hold grudges.

If someone ever spots a fishermans wife in a bright blue bikini bottom, you know who originally owned it!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 20th April 2008 at 21:34.
Old 21st April 2008, 01:06   #484
BHPian

Day 14 - The Dune Beach Resort

We begin the day with a wonderful breakfast and stroll to the pool soon after.

I meet a lady from Switzerland and am happy to talk in my own language again for a change. However, I soon realise there is no real connection between us and I am not really in a small-talk mood, but too late...

Sam, ummm, where was this place... how was it called?

He grins at me while coming closer, aaah - a problem shared is a problem halved hahaha. Soon Farhan joins us as well. The four of us go on talking for a bit then Sam and I decide to go down to the beach while Farhan goes back to his room for a bit.

Well, we have an awesome time at the beach, making fun, enjoying the water UNTIL this awkward incident happens, lol, when I thought I would actually kill him hahaha. I will not repeat the story as Sam has already written about it and that in such great detail that there is nothing to add.

Btw my dear, superbly written, I was rolling on the floor while reading it, even more so as I remembered it exactly like that and in my mind and memory had our faces and nervous actions right in front of me

After we made our way back to the room we shower and get ready to drive to Pondicherry with Farhan and Nishat. I am trying to be angry with Sam but simply cannot. It was too funny.

However, I am not too keen on wearing his shorts for swimming and I need sunglasses as I have very light-sensitive eyes so we will need to go and look for substitutes.

But first we drive around town. Farhan and Nishat show us a bit around and it all looks very nice, you can clearly see the French influence in this town. We go to a very sweet little French restaurant where we have some excellent lunch. Then we drive downtown - I get some new sunglasses but have no luck with a bikini, dammit lol.

Then we drive further outside town, we want to visit Auroville, a French town close by. On our way there we can see lots of hippies on their bikes and little scooters, lots of funky shops, it is very interesting to watch. The area is very rural, we pass a little village with lots of old conservative-style housing, chicken, donkeys, buffaloes and cows - again haha. Even Farhan and Nishat know about my obsession with those creatures by now hehe. But in contrast to all the other places Sam and I have been so so far those cows here have brightly painted horns! How superb hahaha! And everyone is different, of course.

I am having a great time observing and learning more about the people and the way of living here until we reach the French village. Not much of it is open to public, you can actually visit their shops (with lots of nice stuff but no bikinis haha) and a little café. We spend a little time there before we make our way back to the resort.

At the resort we rest for a bit, then we meet again for dinner at the seafood bar next to the pool area. We are enjoying some of the best seafood in the world, well at least Nishat, Sam and I. We completely forgot that Farhan doesn't like seafood and he didn't remind us so I assume/hope he loved his chicken dish.

Another day is coming to an end. Oh God, only two more days left. It will be hard to go back. I tell myself. No no, don't just think about it yet.

Last edited by TheOne® : 21st April 2008 at 01:09.
TheOne® is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2008, 01:37   #485
Senior - BHPian

Why aren't there photos of Chennai?...
Old 21st April 2008, 02:00   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

A Bikini? On Pondy Beach? ---I'd be astonished, even if it were on a foreign tourist. I'd absolutely rule it out on Chennai's beaches, where it might even be an arrestable offence. It would certainly be an arresting experience, for the eyes of several thousand boys!

So, not much call for them here, I guess, but if I had to put a few paise on where one might buy one I'd say Nungambakam.

Wonderful story Sam, LOLs and LOL smilies just come nowhere near expressing my enjoyment.

I'm not sure if it is Mr Sod or Mr Murphy whose law we have to thank for the event, but --- it just had to happen! Inevitable!
Old 21st April 2008, 02:16   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A Bikini? On Pondy Beach? ---I'd be astonished, even if it were on a foreign tourist. I'd absolutely rule it out on Chennai's beaches, where it might even be an arrestable offence. It would certainly be an arresting experience, for the eyes of several thousand boys!

So, not much call for them here, I guess, but if I had to put a few paise on where one might buy one I'd say Nungambakam.

Wonderful story Sam, LOLs and LOL smilies just come nowhere near expressing my enjoyment.

I'm not sure if it is Mr Sod or Mr Murphy whose law we have to thank for the event, but --- it just had to happen! Inevitable!
Except Goa, where else in India's public beaches can we see wimmin in bikinis?. Pray tell.
Old 21st April 2008, 02:31   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, since you are collecting names ---

Kovalam, in Kerala. Treated by visitors from abroad as if it is a Mediterranean beach.

I understand Varkala has a similar atmosphere, but I have not been there.
Old 21st April 2008, 07:53   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Kovalam, in Kerala. Treated by visitors from abroad as if it is a Mediterranean beach.

Thad, you are talking about my hometown...(and that of JKDas)

Well, Varkala is not quiet like Kovalam. Kovalam is a resort, while Varkala is a pilgrimage center + a resort. So it cannot be treated like Kovalam (for e.g. on certain days of the year, the beach is inaccessible to the tourists).

On normal days, it is, ugh, Mediterranean.

Tourism is the mainstay of economy in Kovalam. In Varkala, it has a supplimental role only.

Here's a pic from wikipedia commons:
Attached Thumbnails
A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-800pxvarkala_beach.jpg  

Old 21st April 2008, 09:33   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® - 4th April 2008 - Drive to Pondicherry

Later we get dressed and the 4 of us leave for Pondy town. I love the architecture and feel of this place. We drive for a bit along the coast road.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0610_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0612_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0617_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0619_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0620_thumb.jpg

We go to this absolutely marvellous restaurant for lunch where we have a few drinks, lots of laughter and a wonderful meal.
A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0644_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0629_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0630_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0632_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0642_thumb.jpg
Don't miss Tintin in French (the original language it was written in)

We drive through Pondicherry, also searching for madame's bikini and sunglasses and taking in the very different atmosphere.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0650_thumb.jpg

Then we drive out, taking the turn up ahead towards Auroville. The access to Auroville is muddy and very rural and very, very beautiful.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0663_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0670_thumb.jpg

Soon we're at the visitors' centre at Auroville. It is tranquil and lovely.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0670_thumb.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	10065

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0671_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0672_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0674_thumb.jpg

The drive back to the highway is slow, with TheOne® taking photos of rural life. I include a few here.
A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0678_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0685_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0687_thumb.jpg

We touch the highway and drive back to the dune. It's evening. Goodbye Pondicherry town
A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0695_thumb.jpg
Old 21st April 2008, 09:40   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® - 4th April 2008 - Last night at The Dune

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
At the resort we rest for a bit, then we meet again for dinner at the seafood bar next to the pool area. We are enjoying some of the best seafood in the world, well at least Nishat, Sam and I. We completely forgot that Farhan doesn't like seafood and he didn't remind us so I assume/hope he loved his chicken dish
A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0699_thumb.jpg

We have a nice dinner and say our goodnights.

I'm restless and walk around for a bit around the area outside our room. TheOne® is packing and I think that is what is making me restless. It's our last night here. I take a few pictures to distract myself.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0700_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0701_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0703_thumb.jpg

I return to the room. One look at my face and she knows what's wrong. She's right, I shouldn't think about it just yet.
I cannot smile, but TheOne® has many devilish tricks up her sleeve. She knows how to change my mood and face. Perfectly.

A YetiHoliday® - TheOne® visits India for the first time.-dsc_0697_thumb.jpg

Goodnight and Goodbye Pondicherry.

Tomorrow we will spend half a day at the ECR & the evening at Chennai.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st April 2008 at 09:41.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2008, 11:28   #492
Senior - BHPian

We are enjoying this thread more than what you guys have enjoyed in reality and in recreating the whole thing in order. It gives the true feel of a well written and picturised romantic movie of all times ! No exaggerations ! But, in its true sense, you are not supposed to give us the feeling that its going to be over soon. Thats against the policy of a true romantic thriller. Its better to kill someone with one stab, not by giving 100s of small stabs ! So, Sam, please keep the flow as it is without making us feel bad that its going to be towards the end of the story. Now I wish TheOne®'s visit was lasting over few months !
Old 21st April 2008, 11:36   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A Bikini? On Pondy Beach? ---I'd be astonished, even if it were on a foreign tourist.

Please visit the chunambar island, it has the most fantastic & clean beach i have seen on the east coast. Beautiful sand & yes a few bikini clad foreigners too.
Old 21st April 2008, 11:37   #494
BHPian

Quote:

Somatheeram beach, a little father away from Kovalam is also quite beautiful and much more private than Kovalam. I've seen people lying around in their bikini's there, near the New Year.

I go there for a ride everytime I fill up my bike
Old 21st April 2008, 12:04   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

As you might have gathered, we're both beach bums, TheOne® and I. And not terribly fond of too much clothing.
The bikini destinations are much appreciated and being noted down earnestly.

I think the difficulty with bikini destinations in India is the need for the locals to understand and control their voyeurism. However this is a topic for a whole new thread.

I am aware of a small natural (read: nudist) beach, quite difficult to access to the north of Vagator in Goa and have visited it twice in the past. My first time there was about 12 years ago and it had about 100 naked people, soaking in the sun, playing volleyball and swimming. They were all white tourists.
Then, I did not possess the nerve to undress and left in a short while as it was very rude to be seated there, clothed.
About 6 years ago I went back there with the clear intention of swimming naked. However the beach was still there, quiet and small, but completely empty, deserted. I used that opportunity to swim naked for a while. Being surrounded on 3 sides by hills, it is very difficult to access this small piece of beach.

Does it still exist? Would any of the Goan TBHPians know?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks