Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 00:55   #16
BHPian

I've been using 195/50/R15 with no issues, but the tyres are Yokohama's S drives. The tyres are brilliant and have amazing grip. I have put up my 15" Lenso alloys for sale, you can check the pics there.
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

That size would be almost impossible to find Nitrous.
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:39   #18
BHPian

Alloy offset plays a major role. Incorrect offset will result in the wheels touching the rear arches.

I am currently running alloys with a +38 offset. no issues
Old 3rd September 2008, 11:33   #19
BHPian

Thats exactly the right offset for the Ikon, audiophile. I'm trying to find the alloys that have a +38 offset, in a 6J width. From what I hear, even if the offset is +2 over the stock, it should be fine. Comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
Alloy offset plays a major role. Incorrect offset will result in the wheels touching the rear arches.

I am currently running alloys with a +38 offset. no issues
Thanks for the advice Mura. The current plugs are the OE Motorcraft plugs, and they've done about 23,000 KM. Any idea how much the iridium plugs are and what kind of bhp benefit they provide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
Potenza G3 is a better tire than the XM1+.

IMHO the Iridium Plugs are not worth the money.If your car has clocked 50k+ km get a set of OE Motorcraft Plugs. They are about 150 rupees a Plug.
Old 4th September 2008, 10:16   #20
BHPian

Alloys in Bombay. Suggestions?

Hey guys.

Have finally figured out which sizes and makes of the tyres and alloys I want for my baby (Ikon 1.6).

It's currently sitting on stock steel rims and rubber (Bridgestone 175/65 R14) and the upsize is going to be 195/55 R15 on 6J rims 9+38 offset).

SO...

Anyone know any good dealers in South / Central Mumbai for alloys and tyres?

I've been to Delhi tyres (I know the guy), but the problem is that he's pushing Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs and Neo wheels since he's a dealer for both those brands. I don't like either of them.

What I'm thinking of:
League / OZ / KR Wheels
Michelin (PP2s or XM1s), BFG (G-force Pro) or Yokohama (S-drives) rubber.

Anyone know any good dealers, and what the prices are in Mumbai?

Please continue the discussion in the existing thread instead of creating a new one.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th September 2008 at 12:31. Reason: Multiple thread on similar topic
Old 5th September 2008, 10:25   #21
BHPian

It's Done!!

Yahoo!

Lenso SHU 15" wheels in Hyper Silver, and Yokohama S-drives (195/55 R15).
Just dropped her off, and she comes back to me in exactly 4 hours. Can't wait.

Also dropped in a K&N open filter yesterday, and she's seems lighter and more responsive. The moment the tacho climbs beyond 3500 revs, you can hear the rasp of the induction and it sounds sweeet!!

To everyone that contributed with their advice and suggestions (Irraghava, Wasava, Mura, Shan2nu, audiophile, sanju and others).... thanks very much. Your advice went a loooong way in choosing the right footwear.

Will post again after a week's running about the ride and handling. Will also post pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Upgrading my Ikon 1.6 to 15" rims... advice?-shu_500x500.jpg  

Old 6th September 2008, 00:49   #22
BHPian

eagerly awaiting for the snaps!! Lets see if it can beat my Ikon in Looks!

Cheers
Sanju
Old 6th September 2008, 00:56   #23
BHPian

Awesome setup ghostrider, as i said earlier im running the same setup with a 50 profile in white Lenso Shu with mirror lip. Post a few new pics, am eager to see what your car looks like.
Old 6th September 2008, 22:40   #24
BHPian

Audiophile, great minds think alike. We've got the identical rims and tyres.
Lenso SHU 15" rims, hyper silver, mirror lips, and Yokohama 195/50 R15 S-drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
Awesome setup ghostrider, as i said earlier im running the same setup with a 50 profile in white Lenso Shu with mirror lip. Post a few new pics, am eager to see what your car looks like.
Sanju, buddy... you may never agree but I think mine looks better than yours!! (I'm only kidding, it all comes down to personal tastes. I like your racing stripes, though!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
eagerly awaiting for the snaps!! Lets see if it can beat my Ikon in Looks!

Cheers
Sanju
Attached Thumbnails
Upgrading my Ikon 1.6 to 15" rims... advice?-t002.jpg  

Upgrading my Ikon 1.6 to 15" rims... advice?-t005.jpg  

Upgrading my Ikon 1.6 to 15" rims... advice?-t001.jpg  

Upgrading my Ikon 1.6 to 15" rims... advice?-t007.jpg  

Upgrading my Ikon 1.6 to 15" rims... advice?-t006.jpg  

Old 7th September 2008, 00:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Looks fantastic! Congratulations!
Old 7th September 2008, 00:39   #26
BHPian

Thanks, Ishan.

Waiting for the monsoon to end so I can get her polished, inside and out. Also upgrading my ICE, which is currently a Pioneer 4650, Nakamichi ltd edition 'Nelson Pass' amp, Monster cabling, Blaupunkt 4" rounds in the front, and 697 ovals in the back.

The 4650 head unit is going to go into the new Swift I'm buying, and the Ikon's going to get a Pioneer 5050 with hidden connectors for iPod and USB drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Looks fantastic! Congratulations!
Old 7th September 2008, 12:07   #27
BHPian

lol Not Bad!! Looks better than i expected. Let me know on the performance of those Yokos that you have!

Cheers
Sanju
Old 8th September 2008, 11:17   #28
BHPian

So far, I'm quite impressed with the Yokos. Quiet, and a HELL of a lot of grip.
There's a particular 90-degree turn somewhere in the vicinity of marine drive I'd be able to take at around 60 kph on stock Ikon tyres (if you take a 'go-in-low, come-out-high' line and hit the apex of the corner) without any tyre squeal or loss of grip.
Tried the same turn yesterday at 80, and I was surprised at just how much grip I was feeling. Not a hint of squeal or loss of grip from ANY tyre.

Part of this is due, of course, to the fact that I'm using fatter rubber than the skinny stock tyres, but still.... I was impressed with the Yokos.

Will post a 1000-km review in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
lol Not Bad!! Looks better than i expected. Let me know on the performance of those Yokos that you have!

Cheers
Sanju
Old 14th September 2008, 16:46   #29
BHPian

Have done about 300km on the new rims and Yokos so far, and love them.
The S-drives are quiet, grippy as hell, and have really improved the handling of the car.

Also love the way the Lenso SHU's look. Sometimes when I come home and park the car, I just stand a few feet away and stare at her for a while. My neighbours must think I'm crazy.

BUT... I've got a nagging doubt in my mind... the guy I bought the tyres and alloys from convinced me that 195/55 R15s would scrape against the wheel wells if I hit a pothole with 2-3 people sitting in the back. I took his word for it and went for the 195/50 R15s, but now I think he may have been lying (he may not have had 195/55 R15 S-drives in stock).

Using the tyre calculator, the OD with 195/55 R15 would have been only 2.24% (13mm) more than the stock OD.

The ride with the 195/50s that I wound up getting is not harsh at all, so no complaints.

BUT... have I made a mistake not getting 195/55?
Old 16th September 2008, 12:16   #30
BHPian

Guys... responses please... esp from the tyre gurus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Have done about 300km on the new rims and Yokos so far, and love them.
The S-drives are quiet, grippy as hell, and have really improved the handling of the car.

Also love the way the Lenso SHU's look. Sometimes when I come home and park the car, I just stand a few feet away and stare at her for a while. My neighbours must think I'm crazy.

BUT... I've got a nagging doubt in my mind... the guy I bought the tyres and alloys from convinced me that 195/55 R15s would scrape against the wheel wells if I hit a pothole with 2-3 people sitting in the back. I took his word for it and went for the 195/50 R15s, but now I think he may have been lying (he may not have had 195/55 R15 S-drives in stock).

Using the tyre calculator, the OD with 195/55 R15 would have been only 2.24% (13mm) more than the stock OD.

The ride with the 195/50s that I wound up getting is not harsh at all, so no complaints.

BUT... have I made a mistake not getting 195/55?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks