Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2009, 19:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

any idea about the pricing? is it in line with their Indian competition (+ Bridgestone S322)
Old 6th July 2009, 18:43   #17
BHPian

Fiesta at 26K

I have been using ZV2k on my Fiesta 1.6 and has done 26000 Kms to date. It felt good till 20k Kms. But after that i have felt that the ride quality has definitely taken a beating, big time!
I could feel each and every undulations on the road and this makes me feel that the MRF tyres has made my 102 Bhp super refined vehicle feel like a maruti 800. (in terms of ride quality).
I am upgraded at 30 K.

Any Comments or similar experiences?

Regards
Pramod
Old 6th July 2009, 19:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

THe only complaints I have with the ZVTS is tyre noise and a little less comfortable ride than what i would like (but then they are hard tyres so cant really complain). 40K kms on my Ikon, all kind of bad roads 1 puncture and 1 tube changed as the valve of the tube had gone bad.
Awesome VFM tyres and they look like they can go on for about 30K more

Last edited by sammyboy : 6th July 2009 at 19:31.
Old 10th July 2009, 23:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
Now for the actual review...

Positives first:

The tyres are virtually indestructible !

I've driven through bad roads, no roads, at insane speeds so much that I've had bits fall off the interiors and even have ended up with bent suspension lower arms on two occasions!

The the tyres have gobbled up whatever I've thrown at them, they've been driven on very rough roads at triple digits speeds(where people wouldn't think of doing even 50!) with me pretending to be a rally driver The negatives:

The ZVTSs have scared the daylights out of me when I've had to brake hard in a couple of tight situations and a few times when cornering at the limit in the anmod ghats.

The way the ZVTSs grip is a bit weird, at least my experience - when they give up and lose traction - instead of gradually losing grip they just snap. For example, in the ghats when cornering hard, the rear would hold for sometime and when it was too much to handle, they abruptly snap free! The rear end slides and then I have to frantically turn the other way round and floor the accelerator holding on to dear life - the first few times it happened, I had my entire life flash in front of my eyes in a split second, but later on I got used to tackling the situation when this happens (also have found what's the point where the tyres "snap" and try to not push it to that point)
Honestly, I was initially reading this with scepticism, but slowly I realised this is indeed a good review. Agree to all the bits you say.

Our Ikon 1.6 came shod with the ZVTS. I never thought I would rank it pretty low until I made the switch to Eagle F1's (only the fronts initially for some fun) . I realised that the braking and the fantastic handling went upto superior levels.

But I have had sidewall cuts high tyre wear (mainly due to a softer compound) and what not.

When I got all the 4 same (fun was getting a trifle discomforting at times!!), the ZVTS's that came out was almost new.

Longevity and durability is just too good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks