Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 11:46   #2791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Please clarify, When you said offered, was that for Free to take it away or did they have a Price in mind?

An interesting looking car, The frame construction seems to be to sophisticated for an American Car.
It was offered for sale. Since I was not interested, I did-not discuss the price.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:12   #2792
Senior - BHPian

Although there is no body left but it can be atleast put on the road and be made a Hot -rod .Any more details on this car as in where is this picture taken?
Old 4th February 2010, 13:14   #2793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Although there is no body left but it can be atleast put on the road and be made a Hot -rod .Any more details on this car as in where is this picture taken?
That car is a genuine Mercedes 170V four door convertible. Maybe this car came from Hyderabad as there was one in almost similar condition lying around for ages.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:41   #2794
BHPian

Quote:
I understand the car was in UP and I am not aware of the exact location, however I will check on the current status and update.

S.B.Jatti
Old 4th February 2010, 17:33   #2795
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If there is no usable material left, then one is scratch-building a hot rod, rather than restoring a classic.

Does the fact that, 7% or less, of the final hot rod, was, at sometime, a Mercedes 170V, add a single iota of value to the final hot rod ? Do we even have a well engineered motor, differential or propeller shaft?

Why not then, just let the dead bones rest in their grave and not resurrect this mummy at all? Scratch-building can well be done with any worthless, crumbled-into-the-ground Jeep or Ambassador, numerous examples of which dot the countryside.
Old 4th February 2010, 17:38   #2796
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
If there is no usable material left, then one is scratch-building a hot rod, rather than restoring a classic.

Does the fact that, 7% or less, of the final hot rod, was, at sometime, a Mercedes 170V, add a single iota of value to the final hot rod ? Do we even have a well engineered motor, differential or propeller shaft?

Why not then, just let the dead bones rest in their grave and not resurrect this mummy at all? Scratch-building can well be done with any worthless, crumbled-into-the-ground Jeep or Ambassador, numerous examples of which dot the countryside.
Usually the starting point for a hot rod is the body and not the mechanicals of a vintage car. In this case as a Mercedes 170V its not so rare and valuable a car to warrant a full resurrection of the body. The best value for this car is as a parts car. Someone missing an engine or gearbox could harvest parts from this.
Old 4th February 2010, 18:13   #2797
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what car this is. Ram ??
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-12710449_bcaeab.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-12710448_386f67.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-12710447_d8d44a.jpg  

Old 4th February 2010, 19:37   #2798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Any idea what car this is. Ram ??

This car seems to be a 1932-1935 Graham BlueStreak. But i think its a 1933.I have attached a picture for comparison.Any idea of the where abouts of the car?Where wazs this picture taken?
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-19321935grahambluestreak1.jpg  

Old 4th February 2010, 20:21   #2799
BHPian

I was also offered this Studebaker !!
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc00529.jpg  

Old 4th February 2010, 20:32   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
HOLY MOLY!!! why would anyone do this to a beauty like this one??
Old 4th February 2010, 21:16   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told about the car but never any pictures were shown to me.I actually wanted to salvage some parts from it.Does it still have the enigne and gearbox?If possible i want some more stuff from this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
HOLY MOLY!!! why would anyone do this to a beauty like this one??
There is a story behind it.This car i believe had gone into the ground and then when it was pulled out with a crane the car broke into half as it had got weathered for many many years.Now this is subject to correction and Mr.Jatti would know more on it as well.
Old 4th February 2010, 21:20   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
I was told about the car but never any pictures were shown to me.I actually wanted to salvage some parts from it.Does it still have the enigne and gearbox?If possible i want some more stuff from this.

There is a story behind it.This car i believe had gone into the ground and then when it was pulled out with a crane the car broke into half as it had got weathered for many many years.Now this is subject to correction and Mr.Jatti would know more on it as well.

I am not too sure, if the salvage is still available. Sudebaker parts are not that much of a problem. Let me know what parts you want as there is another donor Stude available and may be you could get what you are looking for. Regarding how it broke into two parts, I was not told of any story.

Last edited by S.B.Jatti : 4th February 2010 at 21:24.
Old 4th February 2010, 21:21   #2803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was not told of any story how the car broke into two parts.
Ok sir can you tell me how much was the asking price for it ?
Old 4th February 2010, 21:26   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Ok sir can you tell me how much was the asking price for it ?
I was not interested and hence did-not discuss any price.
Old 4th February 2010, 21:27   #2805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was not interested and hence did-not discuss any price.

Ok sir can you find out about this one as well please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks