Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2015, 13:35   #4441

Re: FCCCI - Mumbai Mega Meet/Drive - 8th Feb 2015 - Flora Fountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapre View Post
22. Amit Sapre + 1 or 2

10 years of our FCCCI family...

Big Cheers to our FCCCI family of Mumbai for the celebrative cherishing moments planned of todays...
Unfortunately missed to be present this year due to force majeure...
Keenly looking forward to pictures of joys, cheers, togetherness...
Thanks a lot, dear Rony for all the efforts in creating these joys year on year... God bless !!!
Old 14th February 2015, 17:09   #4442
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

This pertains to a FIAT 1100 Select in Colaba, bearing Pune () registration- MHP 1138.

I was browsing in Amazon.in, and then, stumbled on this item: http://www.amazon.in/The-Elephant-Co...&keywords=FIAT

Pics of the product:

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-mhp-1138-1.jpg

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-mhp-1138.jpg

Pretty interesting, na? Might order one of these.

BUT- I was immediately reminded of MHP 1138.

Kindly compare the yellow car in the product, to this:

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-mhp-1138-2.jpg

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-mhp-1138-3.jpg

Isn't it the very same car? The shade of yellow, the 'large' Ambassador Mark-IV grille, the 1983-1997 Maruti 800's indicators, and, if you notice, the silvery shade of the bumper and the Amby grille are the same- as the real car.

Also- The oversized trafficators/indicators below the headlamp, very evident on the real car- are also very evident on the product illustration.

Thanks! Credits to the pics: Respective owners.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 14th February 2015 at 17:14.
FINTAIL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 20:25   #4443
Senior - BHPian

For the fiat fans @ the Kalaghoda art festival

Cheers
The Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-imageuploadedbyteambhp1423925694.268481.jpg
Old 17th February 2015, 12:01   #4444
Senior - BHPian

Atching some pictures of our 1100R during the Meet. Pictures courtesy of Saurabh Jadhav. Hope others post pictures from the meet too.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_5509-copy.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_5512-copy.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_5608-copy.jpg  

Last edited by speedy : 17th February 2015 at 12:02.
speedy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 17:19   #4445
Senior - BHPian

Yes Saurabh is indeed a very talented photographer. I hope he takes his passion to the next level and holds a exhibition of his photographs on "The Vintage life" in Mumbai.

Here are some photographs of my car that he shot for the FCCCI rally
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_5548-copy.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_5603-copy.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_6068-copy.jpg  

the mole is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 15:57   #4446
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's one pic of a Fiat 132 Climatizzata from Mumbai. Got this pic from a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_20150820_160552918.jpg  

//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 14:37   #4447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Here's one picture of a Fiat 132 Climatizzata from Mumbai. Got this picture from a friend.
Dear Arunabh - do you know the location of the car in the photograph? More importantly, do you know the owner's name? .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 16th September 2015, 14:53   #4448
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Arunabh - do you know the location of the car in the photograph? More importantly, do you know the owner's name? .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Sir,

I believe this is the Mahindra Towers in Worli, there's a lovingly kept Ford Customline parked next to the Fiat 132 too. Both belong to the Mahindra family I am guessing.

Warm Regards,
Arunabh
Old 21st September 2015, 10:58   #4449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Dear Sir, I believe this is the Mahindra Towers in Worli, there's a lovingly kept Ford Customline parked next to the Fiat 132 too. Both belong to the Mahindra family I am guessing. Warm Regards, Arunabh
Dear Arunabh - yes, you are correct. The owner is "The Chairman Emeritus" himself! There were two similar cars one RHD and one LHD, the LHD is not there for a long time now. This car is not supposed to go out of the basement parking, so I understand from Administration. I have never seen a Ford there, although there are two Jeep Wagoneers also standing there. One is a V8 automatic LHD MRZ registered, the other is an inline6 RHD MRF registered. The MRZ is an absolute beauty!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 11:07   #4450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There were two similar cars one RHD and one LHD, the LHD is not there for a long time now.
If the LHD is almost 90% identical as this one, I've seen it a couple of times outside the Parsi Gymkhana, Dadar. Or then it was this car itself out on a run. But I faintly remember it was an LHD. My phone didn't focus in time and the car climbed the flyover or I would've had a pic 😅

Cheers
Old 21st September 2015, 13:27   #4451
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[b][u] I have never seen a Ford there, although there are two Jeep Wagoneers also standing there. One is a V8 automatic LHD MRZ registered, the other is an inline6 RHD MRF registered. The MRZ is an absolute beauty!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Sir,

Here's one pic of the Ford Customline parked next to the Fiat 132: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post3794013

I believe this Ford was also part of one of the classic drives in Mumbai few months back.

Warm Regards,
Arunabh
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 21:32   #4452
Senior - BHPian

New Yorker
SEPTEMBER 23, 2015

" Pope Francis and His Little Fiat "

BY John Cassidy

At about nine-thirty on Wednesday morning, President Obama and his wife, Michelle, were standing at the South Portico of the White House waiting for their guest to arrive.* A big, black Secret Service S.U.V. pulled up, one of the type favored by entertainment moguls and Manhattan limousine services, which weigh more than five thousand pounds and get about seven or eight miles to the gallon, on a good day.

Behind the huge gas guzzler, there was a little black Fiat 500L, the same car had ferried Pope Francis into town from Joint Base Andrews on Tuesday afternoon. Apart from the fact that it bore the license plate SCV 1, denoting it as the first vehicle of the Vatican City (“Status Civitatis Vaticanae”), it looked like any other 500L—a 1.4-liter, somewhat elongated version of the iconic Fiat 500, which gets about thirty-five miles to the gallon and costs around twenty thousand dollars. A Marine sentry held open the rear door on the passenger side, and the seventy-eight-year-old Pope climbed out to greet the President. He’d been in the United States, which accounts for about a fifth of the world’s total oil consumption, for only about eighteen hours, and up to that point hadn’t said a word in public. Already, however, he had delivered a message.

That’s how this Pope often operates—through symbolism and gestures that convey his intentions in ways that words never could. As the theological leader of the faithful, his primary job is to define and redefine Catholic teaching for the twenty-first century, which, like his predecessors, he does partly by issuing written exhortations and encyclicals. In November, 2013, just more than eight months after succeeding Pope Benedict XVI, he issued a two-hundred-and-twenty-page challenge to global capitalism, wherein he said, “Just as the commandment ‘Thou shalt not kill’ sets a clear limit in order to safeguard the value of human life, today we also have to say ‘thou shalt not’ to an economy of exclusion and inequality.” (Rush Limbaugh dismissed the document as “pure Marxism.”) In June of this year, the Pope released a lengthy encyclical on climate change, parts of which read as if they had been written by Al Gore and the editors of The Nation. “The earth, our home, is beginning to look more and more like an immense pile of filth,” the encyclical said. It criticized our throwaway consumer culture, called for the world to undergo an “ecological conversion,” and demanded binding steps to limit carbon emissions, as well as global efforts to save the oceans and other threatened natural environments.

For good reason, these tracts have drawn a great deal of attention from scholars, commentators, and politicians—some of it supportive, some of it critical. Indeed, Pope Francis’s visit to the United States is all the more fascinating because it is taking place during a Presidential campaign, and much of what he has said on the subject of economics and the environment runs directly counter to the doctrines of the modern Republican Party. On other subjects, however, such as abortion and gay marriage, he has retained teachings that many Democrats finds odious.

But that is mere partisan politics. What has lifted Pope Francis above the political fray and reinvigorated his office in a way that could barely have been imagined under Pope Benedict, is his peerless ability to convey to ordinary people of all religions and political views his version of Catholicism—a version based largely on the life and teachings of Saint Francis of Assisi, the founder of the Franciscan Order. From choosing to live in a modest guest house, rather than the Apostolic Palace, to washing the feet of a young Muslim prisoner, to inviting dozens of homeless people to tour the Sistine Chapel, Pope Francis has lifted up the papacy by puncturing its grandeur, infusing it with humanity, and, where necessary, cleverly exploiting the power of imagery.

That’s where the Fiat 500L comes in. Back in July, 2013, Francis instructed Catholic priests to drive modest vehicles. ”It hurts me when I see a priest or nun with the latest-model car,” he said. ”You can’t do this. A car is necessary to do a lot of work, but, please, choose a more humble one. If you like the fancy one, just think about how many children are dying of hunger in the world.” The same month, he was spotted arriving at a papal summer house in a five-year-old Ford Focus. On previous foreign trips, too, he has largely foregone limousines or specially constructed security vehicles. When he returned to Latin America for the first time since being elevated, he was driven around Rio de Janeiro in a silver Fiat Idea, a model that is popular with middle-class Brazilians. (It has become even more popular since his visit.)

Now, to the evident astonishment of various television announcers—and, doubtless, the dismay of the Secret Service—the Pope is zigging around the U.S. capital in a Fiat 500L. Don’t think the world hasn’t noticed.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...is-little-fiat
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-pope.jpg  

vinay kamath is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 05:04   #4453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
New Yorker
SEPTEMBER 23, 2015

" Pope Francis and His Little Fiat "

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-pope-pius-ix-fiat-525-1929.jpg
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-pope-pius-ix-fiat-525-1929-full.jpg

Not the first time the "humble" FIAT has been on Papal service......

Pope Pius XI with a 525 in 1929, being presented by Giovanni Agnelli himself

Last edited by travancore : 26th September 2015 at 05:06.
travancore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 10:44   #4454
BHPian

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai Meet on Sunday 25th October, 2015, 9.00 am

FCCCI-Mumbai meet on Sunday, 25th October 2015, 9.00 am (tomorrow) at DPC usual venue, and to brunch thereafter, at a commonly decided venue.

Sorry about the last minute intimation here. However, SMS to all members have been sent earlier, already.

Come one, come all with friends and family to enjoy and lets plan further for the coming winter motoring season.
President is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 20:48   #4455
BHPian

Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai Meet on Sunday 25th October, 2015, 9.00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
FCCCI-Mumbai meet on Sunday, 25th October 2015, 9.00 am (tomorrow) at DPC usual venue, and to brunch thereafter, at a commonly decided venue.
Hi,
Ive confirmed my participation to Cyrus.
Will be coming with a friend or 2

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks