Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 21:26   #4066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath

sad but true! one day premier padmini taxis may no longer be seen . i shall miss them badly. anyone has good ideas to save them ?
Very nice article. But we are not in general, strong on preservation and respect for our icons. They should convert a few of these iconic taxis to CNG, do them up nicely, air condition them, jazz them up inside with top quality upholstery and fittings and keep them plying between Nariman Point and Worli as a tourist attraction.

Chuck the front bench seat. Convert it to one single drivers bucket seat. Have a sofa ish arrangement at the rear for passengers with as many safety aids as possible like fire extinguishers etc.

Allow it to remain an icon with this lease on life.
Old 21st November 2012, 17:29   #4067
BHPian

FCCCI - Mumbai meet, Sunday 25th Nov 12, at Dadar 5 Gardens

Hi guys, its been a long time since we've got together and hoping that all our FIATS are out of monsoon hibernation and ready to go, we at FCCCI-Mumbai are planning to meet up at Dadar, 5 gardens on Sunday, 25th November 2012 at 1030 am.

Snacks will be organized by Cyrus (as usual) and we may want to spin around 5 Gardens, Dadar area to warm up (if everyone is up to it) and to make our presence felt.

So guys, please be there for another enjoyable meet / drive to be, and pour in your confirmations.
Old 21st November 2012, 18:04   #4068
BHPian

Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Count me in - Fiat 1100d , I am sure it will be a great to see all the fiat together again.
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:55   #4069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Hi guys, its been a long time since we've got together and hoping that all our FIATS are out of monsoon hibernation and ready to go, we at FCCCI-Mumbai are planning to meet up at Dadar, 5 gardens on Sunday, 25th November 2012 at 1030 am.

Snacks will be organized by Cyrus (as usual) and we may want to spin around 5 Gardens, Dadar area to warm up (if everyone is up to it) and to make our presence felt.

So guys, please be there for another enjoyable meet / drive to be, and pour in your confirmations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat malaviya View Post
Count me in - Fiat 1100d , I am sure it will be great to see all the Fiats together again.
So, here is the list of confirmed members for the meet:-

1. Behram and Cyrus
2. Rony +1
3. Feroze Mehta
4. Adheesh
5. Bharat Malaviya
6. Surinder
7. Kaizad Engineer (Rocket Fiat 1100 )
8. Savin Shetty
9. Dr. Padmanabhan
10. Raj Bajwa (Tentative)

Awaiting further confirmations.
Old 22nd November 2012, 21:03   #4070
BHPian

Participants list being finalised:-

1. Behram and Cyrus
2. Rony +1
3. Feroze Mehta
4. Adheesh
5. Bharat Malaviya
6. Surinder
7. Kaizad Engineer (Rocket Fiat 1100 )
8. Savin Shetty
9. Dr. Padmanabhan
10. Raj Bajwa (Tentative)
11. Aman Moghul

We may have a few more dropping in at the last moment.
Old 25th November 2012, 16:33   #4071
BHPian

FCCCI - Mumbai meet pics

It was really nice to have met up after a long monsoon break in the conducive environment of the Dadar 5 gardens area. Chatted at leisure while enjoying the yummy snacks brought by Cyrus. Took a spin around the 5 gardens, each FIAT bumper to bumper and created a lovely sight for the crowd around to feast their eyes with.
Have not clicked any pictures this time as I myself got carried away enjoying the FIATful talk and company.
Old 26th November 2012, 12:21   #4072
BHPian

Had a great time, I should have taken more pictures. The Fiat lineup was a awesome site indeed.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc_0374.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc_0366.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc_0361.jpg  

bharat malaviya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 20:50   #4073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat malaviya View Post
Had a great time, I should have taken more pictures. The Fiat lineup was a awesome site indeed.
Awesome indeed. Looks like you guys sure had fun!
Nice to see the herald as well though even i would admit it looks out of place in a fiat rally..was it invited for a 'special' or 'guest' appearance, like in the movies? ;-)
At the risk of digressing, I'd just mention that this car was earlier white with maroon top and in bangalore, pics of it were posted before.
Old 10th December 2012, 12:06   #4074
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I have just started restoring my 1976 Premier Padmini and I would be grateful to receive the following clarifications.

1) Did the wheel caps come with the PAL Logo embossed on it or was it plain as it is in my car
2) Whether there were 2 ash trays on the rear door pads
3) Any place were i could source spares for my car
I request the Fiat gurus to help me out with my above clarifications and also the best place for me to locate the spares.
With best regards ,
Venkat Kumar
Old 10th December 2012, 13:35   #4075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat kumar View Post
Hi Friends, I have just started restoring my 1976 Premier Padmini and I would be grateful to receive the following clarifications. 1) Did the wheel caps come with the PAL Logo embossed on it or was it plain as it is in my car. 2) Whether there were 2 ash trays on the rear door pads. 3) Any place were i could source spares for my car. I request the Fiat gurus to help me out with my above clarifications and also the best place for me to locate the spares. With best regards, Venkat Kumar
Dear Venkat Kumar - hello to you and welcome. First, the answers to your questions. 1) In 1976, the car came with the PAL logo embossed on the wheel caps with rectangular depressions on the periphery. It is quite difficult if not impossible to source these wheel caps now. 2) In 1976, there were two ash trays on the rear doors but they were not on the door pads, they were below the glass run channel. There was a cut provided in the door inner panel to fit the ash trays. These were removed in 1986 when Premier Padmini Economy cars were introduced. Incidentally, the price of the Economy car in 1986 was Rs.69,496.92 on the road in Mumbai with MFC registration. One of my father's friends had purchased MFC5955 so I happen to know, just sharing. 3) As you have mentioned your location at Coimbatore, try Dhanam Motor Stores near Coimbatore station. This shop was previously known as Alagendran Motor Stores. I know because I stayed at the Coimbatore Club for 3 months.

I keep coming to Coimbatore quite often for work. Please send me your contact details by PM, it will be my pleasure to catch up with you and see the car (after work, of course!).

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 15:21   #4076
BHPian

Dear Sri Behram,
Thanks so much for the prompt reply.Could you guide me as to where I should look for the wheel caps and also the ashtray.i live very close to the Coimbatore club and it would indeed be a pleasure meeting you when you visit Coimbatore the next time. I shall pm my number.Thanks once again.
With regards
Venkat Kumar
Old 11th December 2012, 14:00   #4077
BHPian

Dear Sri Behram
I was not able to send you a pm.My mobile number is 9363123964 and it would indeed be a great pleasure to meet you.Please do let me know as to when you would be in Coimbatore and do keep in touch.Kindly SMS me your mobile number.
Regards
Venkat Kumar
Old 17th December 2012, 00:20   #4078
BHPian

Hi everybody.
Today I saw a 10 minute programme about the Fiat classic car club on Bloomberg.
It contained the mahraja's cars as well as some fiats post 1957 models.
The clip was courtesy of Teambhp and the president of the club.
Is this an old one repeated or something recent?
Regards
Old 17th December 2012, 11:09   #4079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
Today I saw a 10 minute programme about the Fiat classic car club on Bloomberg.
It contained the mahraja's cars as well as some fiats post 1957 models.
The clip was courtesy of Teambhp and the president of the club.
I saw this show, I don't recall any mention of Team BHP! was there? This show seemed like it was publicity for the cartier event to be held in february next year. The name of the series is "Aspire" . They showed an interview with Team BHPian " The President" and showed a burgundy Landmaster Which I think belongs to the national garage people. Besides that there were random pictures of previous FCCCI- Mumbai events along with pictures of "the president" and his cars. The highlight of the show was an interview with the curator of the Cartier Event who spoke partly about cars built for the purpose of "Shikar"- a category in the next cartier event. Maybe this show is available on their website or on Youtube. cheerio
Old 17th December 2012, 21:37   #4080
BHPian

Guys.. I am happy to announce that a another fiat (Premier) has joined the Bombay circuits.. this is a child hood dream come true for me. My very own PP.

After riding a Bullet for the past few years.. I thought it was time to get the hands bit more greasier, would need all the help I can get from you guys in bring this back to glory.

By the way this was up for sale on TBHP a few months ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat_front_latest.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat_side.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat_engine.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks