Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2012, 21:17   #3961
Senior - BHPian

A nice mini meet where fair amount of cars turned up. Good breakfast all and all a very eventful morning shared with fellow fiatians.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image2192466477.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image1075827658.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image1550831259.jpg  

the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 21:48   #3962
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Ravi, you must explain to all the significance of the last picture - not everyone would remember 'BCMA', and how significant a place it is for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Yes Karl - You noticed it !!

"For those who came in late" - as the popular line goes.. BCMA aka "Bombay Cycle and Motor Agency" is literally the 'Maternity home' from where all our Fiats were delivered
The sole selling agents for Fiats / Premiers for a long time, this place is an epic landmark location for Fiat fans.
I can just imagine MRX 6839 freshly minted, driving down the ramp right here, all of fifty years ago. Sigh..
Yup I remember BCMA being mentioned earlier (also the sole dealer for DPDC cars back then?) and wanted to point it out to you, ravi!
Glad karl did.

BTW, I dont know the history of the store next to BCMA- Bellissima, but IMHO it would have been apt if you could have got the full name visible in the pic. as it, being Italian (for beautiful female!) would obviously VERY MUCH relate to Mr.X!

Also glad to see sonu's brownie having her first(?) classic run!

Last edited by Stanher : 29th April 2012 at 21:50.
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 10:56   #3963
BHPian

Quote:

"For those who came in late" - as the popular line goes.. BCMA aka "Bombay Cycle and Motor Agency" is literally the 'Maternity home' from where all our Fiats were delivered
The sole selling agents for Fiats / Premiers for a long time, this place is an epic landmark location for Fiat fans.
I can just imagine MRX 6839 freshly minted, driving down the ramp right here, all of fifty years ago. Sigh..

Meanwhile, here's another picture for nostalgia lovers:
Just for FYI, the wall behind yak tailors, houses one of the most thoughtful individual garages. Has sponge lined walls
Old 30th April 2012, 13:30   #3964
Senior - BHPian

Seems to have been a nice run, driving past BCMA was a good idea, though now they serve food!

Here is a picture of a Fiat in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, looks good, remember they did not manufacture these cars there and spares can be a problem. Picture taken from PakWheels.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-pakfiat.jpg  

Old 30th April 2012, 13:36   #3965
BHPian

FCCCI - Mumbai meet/drive to Cafe Mondegar, Sun - 29th April 2012

trying to upload a few more pics if I can manage
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-29042012123.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-29042012128.jpg  

President is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 16:58   #3966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Here is a picture of a Fiat in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, looks good, remember they did not manufacture these cars there and spares can be a problem. Picture taken from PakWheels.
That is a Fiat 1100 'Export' - slightly different to the Super Select sold here in India. Most notable changes are the split front seat back rest, hubcaps, bumpers and guards, and placement of the side indicator ('cutting' into the fender trim). A few were sold in RHD configuration, like this one, plus one with me.
Old 30th April 2012, 17:40   #3967
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic meet, it must have been, nice to see Sonu bhai's Brownie making its debut FCCCM meet appearance. Looks total period BTW.
Ravi bhai that BCMA pic is classic, thanks for sharing its importance. Have read its importance couple of times on the forum itself.
Old 30th April 2012, 19:10   #3968
BHPian

Hello,

after dinner at Café Zoe in Lower Parel (the one close to the Blue Frog), I noticed a covered car parked right in front of the Café. As far as I could see it must be a Fiat 1100TV, has anyone of you seen it before?
The light conditions were bad and the cover is pretty tight, but I think it is an interesting car.
On another note, I attach a photo of my neighbour's (in Italy) Fiat 1100 TV Zagato. Looks like an ordinary 1100 TV but there are some slight changes in the paint scheme, engine and gearshift, if I remember well. The car is preserved in totallly original, unrestored condition.
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat-1100-giorgio.jpg
Philedonos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 21:20   #3969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philedonos
Hello,

after dinner at Café Zoe in Lower Parel (the one close to the Blue Frog), I noticed a covered car parked right in front of the Café. As far as I could see it must be a Fiat 1100TV, has anyone of you seen it before?
The light conditions were bad and the cover is pretty tight, but I think it is an interesting car.
On another note, I attach a photo of my neighbour's (in Italy) Fiat 1100 TV Zagato. Looks like an ordinary 1100 TV but there are some slight changes in the paint scheme, engine and gearshift, if I remember well. The car is preserved in totallly original, unrestored condition.
Seen it , Nfs club member . Cheers
Old 30th April 2012, 23:06   #3970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philedonos
Hello,

Are you sure? Dont want to challlenege an italian on fiats but, i am quite sure there is only one 1100 tv in india. But then who knows? Could you atleast tell us what colour it was?
Old 1st May 2012, 16:15   #3971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Seen it , Nfs club member . Cheers
Any pictures ? The NFS club thing is so funny
Old 7th May 2012, 16:16   #3972
BHPian

Hello Wasif and Amol,
If Kasli knows the car I too am quite curious to know more about it. Is a TV?
It was too dark to recognize anything on the car, visually, so I just "felt" what was hidden under the cover and the curves seemed very 1000 Turismo Veloce to me. But then I hadn't touched proper Italian curves in a long while :-)
Old 7th May 2012, 18:16   #3973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Meanwhile, here's another picture for nostalgia lovers:
There is some more information and some excellent pictures on their website.

http://www.bcma.in/pdf/history.pdf

history.pdf
khanak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 19:21   #3974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
There is some more information and some excellent pictures on their website.

http://www.bcma.in/pdf/history.pdf

Attachment 924689
That is a lovely find, thanks for sharing.

On page 15 you can see a list of senior executives, one is Mr. P K Banaji, Parts Manager, our neighbour for years, and owner of BMF 4800 Select I'd posted earlier. Since his demise his grandson has fortunately resurrected the car which was unused for a while.
Old 8th May 2012, 17:31   #3975
BHPian

Re: To A/C or not to A/C, that is the question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Hi!

I need some good advice.

We are enjoying our Fiat 1100 Deluxe now that it is all done up and 95% sorted out mechanically. It's such a joy to drive around Calcutta and see how many people appreciate it. Still haven't made any long trips but getting close.
You have really maintained the car very well. The pastel Blue colour is my favourite which sober and attractive. I had painted my 65 model FIAT CAR 10 years which I had sold off. The White side wall tyre and Shining Crome wheel caps look stunning. I pity modern cars which don't have this kind of stuff. Good luck Enjoy FIAT ride.

ANANT
NAGPUR

Last edited by karlosdeville : 8th May 2012 at 18:00. Reason: Removing entire quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks