Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 07:36   #256
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry. When I tried to look at the page this post (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1875730-post408.html) didn't open up
And I was trying to open only this link (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1869670-post406.html)
My mistake it's the same photos of the last post.
Old 18th June 2010, 14:53   #257
Senior - BHPian

Yes the bus is indeed his. But even after offering him such a price he is still saying NO . Maybe i need to save up a little more and give him something else in exchange and then he might consider my offer.

Last edited by v12 : 19th June 2010 at 19:06. Reason: Quoted posts deleted.
Old 18th June 2010, 15:39   #258
BHPian

hey indro
now really looking forward to check out your collection
pls upload your garage pics soon
Old 18th June 2010, 16:45   #259
BHPian

Seven lakhs for a Left hand drive baywindow microvan.
Unbelievable, believe this is not a caese of circular trading as happens in share markets(just joking sir)

Last edited by v12 : 19th June 2010 at 19:07. Reason: Quote deleted.
Old 18th June 2010, 17:36   #260
Senior - BHPian

I am wondering what will be the asking price of a splitwindow RHD bus???

Last edited by v12 : 19th June 2010 at 19:08. Reason: Quoted post deleted.
Old 18th June 2010, 17:50   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
And so have of many enthusaists who want to buy one. You must have charmed the ones who want to sell though.

Yes would have to look for some more good restored ones or one un restored and restore it but for that i need find them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
cent percent. I am wondering what will be the asking price of a splitwindow RHD bus???

Don't know sir but would definately like to know.
Old 18th June 2010, 20:52   #262
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance but what are the years of manufacture for bay windows
regards

Last edited by v12 : 19th June 2010 at 19:08. Reason: Quote deleted.
Old 18th June 2010, 20:59   #263
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Spitfire
Pardon my ignorance but what are the years of manufacture for bay windows
regards
The "Bay Window" bus was the first major redesign of the Type II or Transporter since it's introduction and was built from 1968-1979.

The Split Screen Buses windscreen was replaced by a gently curved single "bay window" windshield in a single piece.

The other most prominent visual change was the introduction of air scoops in the upper rear quarter panels. There were a host of other detail improvements.

The bay window design was still in production in Brazil until late 2005 with very slight changes.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 18th June 2010 at 21:06.
Old 18th June 2010, 21:34   #264
BHPian

Any Idea how much would mine fetch in that case..I believe mine is perhaps the only Working Airconditioned Baywindow in the country (Original VW A/C unit).....RHD....only 17K genuine KMS driven....and strip down painting done at the Mercedes Benz dealership. All original fittings inlcuding the Radio and ofcourse with clear original papers (71 RC book) & title.

Last edited by v12 : 19th June 2010 at 19:08. Reason: Quote deleted.
Old 18th June 2010, 22:21   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
Any Idea how much would mine fetch in that case..I believe mine is perhaps the only Working Airconditioned Baywindow in the country (Original VW A/C unit).....RHD....only 17K genuine KMS driven....and strip down painting done at the Mercedes Benz dealership. All original fittings inlcuding the Radio and ofcourse with clear original papers (71 RC book) & title.
The thing is this offer was for the perticuler car i liked. I may not offer the same price to another car. Apart from this i would love to see some pics of your car if possible. Which thread is it on ?
Old 18th June 2010, 23:54   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
The thing is this offer was for the perticuler car i liked. I may not offer the same price to another car. Apart from this i would love to see some pics of your car if possible. Which thread is it on ?
I have seen this van, and there is no reason not to make an offer and absolutely no reason to not like it go ahead he's offering it to you on a platter buddy.
Old 19th June 2010, 00:02   #267
BANNED

Quote:
Thats how valuation goes, me too and many of my friends would offer a good price for a vehicle with a history, and some background insight about the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I have seen this van, and there is no reason not to make an offer and absolutely no reason to not like it go ahead he's offering it to you on a platter buddy.
, We have'nt even seen the said Bus so far, last what i remember is this Bus stuck somewhere in transit before landing in Mumbai and had seen engine and its parts in pieces, also have taken photos, need to dig out.
Old 19th June 2010, 00:21   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
, We have'nt even seen the said Bus so far, last what i remember is this Bus stuck somewhere in transit before landing in Mumbai and had seen engine and its parts in pieces, also have taken photos, need to dig out.
Well I dont think I am especially on this thread, valuation is all that it is about is'nt it?

Besides which 67bug is not making any tall claims, he is a well respected and credible enthusiast and collector in Mumbai. I have seen the van as it is today lets not discredit that.
Old 19th June 2010, 11:39   #269
BHPian

Quote:
As a fellow enthusiast it is important for me to caution you and that is all what i am trying to do mate !! Sometimes you need to dig deeper than make claims of "Love at first sight"...the Bus does not have papers, was bought at a scrap down price (I know the price but not ethical for me to mention it in a public forum), most parts in it are non-original and cheap locally made ones especially the more important electric ones. Which is the reason it caught fire sometime back. Corners have been cut to get it up and running with the sole idea to dispose it off to some gullible kid. My job was to caution and make buyers beaware.
Old 19th June 2010, 13:09   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
As a fellow enthusiast it is important for me to caution you and that is all what i am trying to do mate !! Sometimes you need to dig deeper than make claims of "Love at first sight"...the Bus does not have papers, was bought at a scrap down price (I know the price but not ethical for me to mention it in a public forum), most parts in it are non-original and cheap locally made ones especially the more important electric ones. Which is the reason it caught fire sometime back. Corners have been cut to get it up and running with the sole idea to dispose it off to some gullible kid. My job was to caution and make buyers beaware.
67bug sir,
Thanks for all the inside information on the yellow baywindow.
I also remmember reading somehwere that it was fitted with some local carbuurretor.
the documents of old cars seems to be very tricky these day.
last day when I visited scrapyard in cochin one person was bargaining price over a old OHV amby rc book.
the person who had the book was demanding 10000 rs for it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks