Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 23:20   #16
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti @ Auto Expo 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Overall the Maruti Suzuki pavillion was quite a damp squib. ....
I was wondering how to express my disappointment and came across this. Absolutely bang on!

Even a half-decent car accessories outfit could have put up most of this display. Significantly more was expected from the biggest car manufacturer in India. What a big waste of opportunity, money and time (for visitors).

Yet to read about the eSurvivor, but the ConceptFutureS looked pretty weird and cartoonish to me. Was discussing it with a bunch of friends on whatsapp and commented "I wouldn't be caught dead in this one unless I am wearing a Micky Mouse body suit."

Last edited by SDP : 7th February 2018 at 23:24.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 00:39   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Overall the Maruti Suzuki pavillion was quite a damp squib. It was basically a Maruti and Nexa showroom with a stage in the middle that had the 2 design concepts that are far from production.

Only thing is tomorrow they launch the Swift with prices.
Exactly what I wanted to type. Couldn't have said it better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Interestingly, Suzuki has displayed this Intruder motorcyle as well:
Back in 2016, there was a news about Suzuki two wheelers trying to take help from MSIL in terms of expansion and dealer network. Possibly, we might be seeing more join co-operation between these two in terms of promoting each others products.

Wish it was some product worthy of exhibiting though - something from their global lineup.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 02:10   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely damp show, as rightly pointed out by Mod Vid6639. Apart from the full hybrid thing, rest all other demonstrations were absolutely boring and infact better looking accessorised cars can be found standing at some dealers. The less said about the Concept S, the better.

I guess for the first time in so many years, Maruti is looking tired and lackluster. Atleast in the past, they used to try to spice things up by showing an ugly Omni or Eeco. They didn't get sufficient engines to show(70% of their sales come from just 3 engines) hence came up with a Boat's engine.

This reminds me, why no Omni/Eeco/Gypsy's on display?? They could have proudly displayed their 3rd channel: Commercial.

Disappointed!!

Last edited by Leoshashi : 8th February 2018 at 02:13.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 08:33   #19
BHPian

This looks dull. Any news about the new Jimny?
Old 8th February 2018, 09:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nexa Journey, Nexa Music, Nexa lifestyle. Nexa blah & some more Blah.

Come on Maruti, where is your homegrown 1.5L engine? where is Ertiga facelift? What about Ciaz facelift? Wagon R seven seater? Are you guys happy with just Swift launch? at least launch Swift RS (Or RS Swift).
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 13:15   #21
BHPian

Totally disappointed with what Maruti has put up on their stall. All these accessories and body kits and what not can be retrofitted (albeit making the car look uglier) from local folks. Nexa Lifestyle crap and paint job options are something that are better suited to the car showroom and not the Expo. I'm not sure if Maruti planned for what they wanted to showcase at the AutoExpo this year. Two concept cars and one production car that they're already taking bookings for-that's it?
Old 8th February 2018, 14:19   #22
BHPian

Their were rumours about the Jimny 2018 to be showcased at the Auto Expo. However, seeing this sorry state of affairs at the Auto Expo, i guess it is not to be launched in near sight for the Indian Market.
Old 8th February 2018, 14:44   #23
BANNED

Heard earlier that Maruti is coming up with 17 models in this Auto expo. Didn't know that most of them were accessorized cars, and some weird concepts like Future S(uck) and e-survivor.

Now that the new Swift is priced way above the current one, I've lost interest in the current Maruti pavilion. But still hoping against the hopes that they will show the new Ertiga and Jimny here. Or, do they want to keep the anxiety alive till its actual launch time?

But Tata has given enough to fulfill my appetite - I'm still drooling over the H5X.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th February 2018 at 14:45.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 21:41   #24
R_R
BHPian

And I guess, no word from Maruti about the new Grand Vitara either? Sad, was waiting for that.
Old 8th February 2018, 23:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quite a lacklustre showing from the country's largest car manufacturer. They could have done a lot more to create some excitement. From the two concept cars, the SUV looks ugly and the electric vehicle is completely pointless. Not much to be seen on the hybrid/sport/EV front either but I guess it was mandatory for them to show their face at the Expo.
Old 9th February 2018, 18:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Such lack luster show to launch overpriced Swift (as compared to competitors including Dzire/Baleno)! Expected

1. Automatics on Scross/Breezza
2. 1.5L petrol engine on Ciaz
3. New Ertiga/ Grand Vitara
4. New WagonR

Got a Limited (read Clearance) Edition of Ertiga and a Micky Mouse wagon concept
Old 9th February 2018, 21:00   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Yet to read about the eSurvivor, but the ConceptFutureS looked pretty weird and cartoonish to me. Was discussing it with a bunch of friends on whatsapp and commented "I wouldn't be caught dead in this one unless I am wearing a Micky Mouse body suit."
The e-survivor looks like they let loose an American teenager out of one of those old TV hillbilly shows have his way with a Swift . It seems to be an essential tradition of the motor trade that "concept" cars are weird! And "Survivor," to me, is not a great-selling name.

The All New Swift is not exactly very All-new... with the same engines.

And... competition time... who else noticed the colour-keyed paintbrush with one of the cars
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 21:13   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Absolutely damp show, as rightly pointed out by Mod Vid6639. Apart from the full hybrid thing, rest all other demonstrations were absolutely boring and infact better looking accessorised cars can be found standing at some dealers. The less said about the Concept S, the better.

I guess for the first time in so many years, Maruti is looking tired and lackluster. Atleast in the past, they used to try to spice things up by showing an ugly Omni or Eeco. They didn't get sufficient engines to show(70% of their sales come from just 3 engines) hence came up with a Boat's engine.

This reminds me, why no Omni/Eeco/Gypsy's on display?? They could have proudly displayed their 3rd channel: Commercial.

Disappointed!!
Omnis and Eecos aside, I do wish the Jimny was displayed. Had really high hopes off that car and I am disappointed that they didn't display it.

Another missing car is the Maruti Vitara. Again, a vital product for Maruti's expansion into the premium segments, and yet again missing from the Auto expo lineup.

I had genuinely expected the Ciaz facelift though. Especially considering the fact that the test mules looked so close to production ready units and the fact that the changes to the (expected) facelift were so subtle.

A bit OT from cars, why display the Intruder? I mean, there are so many bikes that look so much better in the Suzuki bike lineup.

All in all, a disappointing show from a manufacturer which has managed to capture 50 percent of the Indian market.
Old 9th February 2018, 21:45   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Omnis and Eecos aside, I do wish the Jimny was displayed. Had really high hopes off that car and I am disappointed that they didn't display it.
Jimny is not yet revealed internationally as well, and all we have till now is renders and spy images. Not very susprising that it didn't make it to the Expo - not even for the sake of Expo eye candy.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 05:52   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear folks at Maruti, if you are reading this, you are close to lose some potential customers. I'm really surprised to see such lackluster performance by Maruti. It's akin to them using the 1.3L DDiS in every car. Nothing new, just plain old stuff. Why you do this Maruti? I was expecting atleast a petrol S-Cross, an AMT Brezza, new WagonR, and the Ciaz facelift with the new engine. Just showcase it, launch could have been later.
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks