Team-BHP - Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/195197-hyundai-auto-expo-2018-a.html)

Big shoutout to khan_sultan for shooting these pictures & his coverage of the Auto Expo. Thanks for sharing, man!

Hyundai's pavilion is quite massive and is split into different zones:
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-dsc00891.jpg

Hyundai's local product line-up is put on display in the "Jai Ho Zone".

Starting with the Grand i10 in a dual-tone exterior:
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-4.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-5.jpg

Next-up is the Xcent:
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-1.jpg

Hyundai unveiled the new Elite i20 facelift at the Auto Expo. A separate thread on the updated Elite i20 is live - Link:
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-11.jpg

The Verna sits alongside its stablemates:
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-2.jpg

Elantra finished in a stunning metallic blue shade:
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-3.jpg

The popular Creta compact SUV shares the stage with...
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-6.jpg

... its larger cousin Tucson:
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-7.jpg

Kona Iron Man Edition looks rather exciting. More on the Kona in this thread - Link:
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-9.jpg

Ioniq Hybrid and Ioniq Electric at the "Eco Friendly Zone". A separate thread is live which takes an in-depth look at these cars - Link.
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-dsc00600.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-dsc00729.jpg

Hyundai's performance sub-brand N has been showcased at the "Mobility Zone". Here, an i20 WRC car and the i30-based RN30 concept has been put on display:
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-10.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-11.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-12.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-13.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-14.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-15.jpg

Visitors can interact with these robots in the "Robotics Zone":
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-16.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-17.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-24.jpg

A view of the "Sports Zone":
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-18.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-19.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-20.jpg

And finally, the "Kids Zone":
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-21.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-22.jpg
Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018-23.jpg

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Auto Expo Section. Thanks for sharing!

4 hours after this thread was taken live - NOT a single comment. I was wondering why and quickly realized the answer after going through the thread. Such a dampener from Hyundai even after having a mega display.

Kona? Electric and not sure of its relevance yet.
Ionic? Will be just a brand building exercise.
N division cars? May never see the light in India.

Nothing exciting for the near future. Was expecting atleast the compact SUV displayed at the 2016 Expo to make an appearance in an almost production ready format.

The i20 facelift is the only new thing on display that'll actually hit showrooms, and it's a bit 'Meh' overall.

Probably the whole concentration was on KIA. Hyundai is pretty much covered in their strong segments (except for the Sub 4m Crossover), and higher segments are kind of a lost battle for them.

Was a creta facelift not showcased?

They should have atleast shown the new "Santro"

Whats the point of displaying the already launched models of Elantra, Verna, Tucson, Creta? Looks like Hyundai has made a lot of money and are able to put up a big marketing budget just for the sake of it. Instead, they should have come out with the facelift Creta, new Santro and the production version of the sub 4 meter compact SUV that they displayed last auto expo. Except for the i20, rest of the displayed vehicles may not even make it to indian shores

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 4353148)
They should have atleast shown the new "Santro"

Exactly!!

I kept a close eye on Hyundai for Creta facelift and Santro. Nothing new is showcased except I20 facelift. Super over, mind goal, virtual header and kids zone? Come on Hyundai, we are waiting for Santro.

Wait, so they're not going to be showcasing the new Santro? Boy. What a downer. I was really hoping they'd do that in the coming days.

I was expecting, Hyundai would showcase at least concept of car on which Santro will be based. But alas nothing exciting from Hyundai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fz_rider (Post 4353955)
I was expecting, Hyundai would showcase at least concept of car on which Santro will be based.

+1 I was looking for the Santro/i10's(not Grand) replacement which was supposed to compete with Alto & Kwid.