Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 08:45   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child
hi guys
Vishnu,
from the pics, it looks like your endy was not "aired down" , or was it?
Nope it was not aired down. Traction wasn't really the problem for me it was my long wheel base and ground clearance. I could have done the obstacles that I did even in HT tyres I think. Maybe.
I did only 2 out of the 4 obstacles though. The last 2 obstacles would have spelled disaster for my underbody had I attempted them. They were also suited toward short wheel base, high ground clearance, nimble jeeps with a tight turning radius. All of which the Endeavour is not.
Endeavour333 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 17:59   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Off-Road in Chennai-- Thunder Down Under 2011

Dear Pratheesh - it was indeed nice to see you tackling an obstacle in the blue CJ3B, wearing the "trademark" T shirt and Thar cap with veteran Arkaji carefully watching your every move. I know that you would have carefully "hopped / skipped / jumped" like a fleeting gazelle over anything and everything thrown your way. That picture must be preserved, it's a classic. Also, how did "our baby" the Thar CRDe perform? I hope you told the owner to get rid of the wheel caps, the side footsteps and the "so-called CMVR + blah blah Zindabad" bumpers! . HaHaHa, its worth a good laugh in retrospect but we still got to meet CMVR. Enjoy!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 11th October 2011, 21:21   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
PS: Guess it is because of the compression done during upload, but the pics look really sad on TBHP!
+1 , agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Pratheesh - it was indeed nice to see you tackling an obstacle in the blue CJ3B, wearing the "trademark" T shirt and Thar cap with veteran Arkaji carefully watching your every move.
Hello Sir, the 3B is in a league of its own. I must thank Arka and his younger brother Deep who allowed me to drive their prized possession.

Quote:
I know that you would have carefully "hopped / skipped / jumped" like a fleeting gazelle over anything and everything thrown your way. That picture must be preserved, it's a classic.
I remember your teachings to the core. Did not try to do anything fancy, stuck to the basics and the 3B did the rest without a fuss. Later, I drove it inside the city for a good 40 odd kms. While driving, I was thinking how you guys must have done the acceleration, braking, handling and other performance tests on such configuration of vehicles. From that stage, we have come a long way.

Quote:
Also, how did "our baby" the Thar CRDe perform? I hope you told the owner to get rid of the wheel caps, the side footsteps and the "so-called CMVR + blah blah Zindabad" bumpers! . HaHaHa, its worth a good laugh in retrospect but we still got to meet CMVR.
It did pretty much everything what others did. By end of the event, the owner realized importance of those bumpers and footsteps. All in all, a fun outing, got to meet a lot of friends and had a gala time together.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 15:40   #79
Senior - BHPian

Old memories came alive when i saw these pics! Good to see spike taking some lessons and even better to see new THAR CRDe in action!!

Arka Ji...aapko sadar Pranam!! Hope you remember your good old friend lol
vinod_nookala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 17:52   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Old memories came alive when i saw these pics! Good to see spike taking some lessons and even better to see new THAR CRDe in action!!

Arka Ji...aapko sadar Pranam!! Hope you remember your good old friend lol
Dear Vinod - kahan ho saabji? Kaise ho? Paay lagu maalik. .

Dear Pratheesh - conducting tests on CJ / CL Jeeps was tough work. I remember everything as if I did the tests yesterday. By the way, as you were there, Arka was there and the Thar CRDe was there and as you said it did everything thrown its way, is Arka at least now convinced on the "Independent Suspension" of Thar? I would want to close this once and for all, whatever the "verdict" may be.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 12th October 2011, 18:08   #81
Senior - BHPian

Convinced

Quote:
Arka at least now convinced on the "Independent Suspension" of Thar? I would want to close this once and for all, whatever the "verdict" may be.
Dear Sir,

The OTR was not to test the capabilities of the Thar CRDe or anything of that matter.

But to enjoy an Off-Road Outing, I am impressed and convinced with the build quality and fit and finish of the Thar CRDe, a Factory Fitted A/C would have made it a real hit.

The IFS/ Rack & Pinion are best left alone

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 18:15   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Vinod - kahan ho saabji? Kaise ho? Paay lagu maalik. .

Dear Pratheesh - conducting tests on CJ / CL Jeeps was tough work. I remember everything as if I did the tests yesterday. By the way, as you were there, Arka was there and the Thar CRDe was there and as you said it did everything thrown its way, is Arka at least now convinced on the "Independent Suspension" of Thar? I would want to close this once and for all, whatever the "verdict" may be.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Paay laago sirji !! Busy selling THAR's and doing 4x4 events. Missing you and i know your heart is still here!! Do join us for Lonavala event this saturday 15th October . One THAR is reserved for you. This is a 4x4 event only.

Arka & IFS/ R&P cant co-exist tegether :-P

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 12th October 2011 at 18:18.
vinod_nookala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 19:13   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Arka was there and the Thar CRDe was there and as you said it did everything thrown its way, is Arka at least now convinced on the "Independent Suspension" of Thar? I would want to close this once and for all, whatever the "verdict" may be.
Sir, The THAR was a not revved because it was "new" I drove the THAR for the first time and managed the second obstacle without A, B and C. The ECU took care of the jeep and the obstacles thrown at it.

Now, Having said that, the tyres are LOUSY - you touch the A pedal and the wheel spins to glory!! The Brakes lack modulation and are over servoed IMO. The Steering does not give a feel of the terrain and is rather dead.

The noise levels inside the cabin are well insulated only when compared to the old school jeeps and are nowhere near modern levels.

And to pay 7.XX for this vehicle ON ROAD is what gets me thinking time and time again. Just imagine sir, No AC, NO HT, No lockable cabin? How can one use the vehicle, if not for OTRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Dear Sir,

The OTR was not to test the capabilities of the Thar CRDe or anything of that matter.

But to enjoy an Off-Road Outing, I am impressed and convinced with the build quality and fit and finish of the Thar CRDe, a Factory Fitted A/C would have made it a real hit.

The IFS/ Rack & Pinion are best left alone

Regards,

Arka
LOL - We are going to witness more of this when we go to the tougher sections

Quote:
Arka & IFS/ R&P cant co-exist tegether :-P
What makes you think so Vinod? He had appreciated the fact that a MM540 can have such a good paint job, a good engine and a decent GB. And now we all know we can get a 540 shell brand new
headers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 21:24   #84
BHPian

Enjoying this thread
aamir567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 21:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Old memories came alive when i saw these pics! Good to see spike taking some lessons
Vinod, lessons learned long back, time for some more practicals.

Quote:
By the way, as you were there, Arka was there and the Thar CRDe was there and as you said it did everything thrown its way, is Arka at least now convinced on the "Independent Suspension" of Thar? I would want to close this once and for all, whatever the "verdict" may be.
I ensured all three did not exist in the same place.

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 12th October 2011 at 21:40.
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 13:20   #86
BHPian

guys
more pictures pls.
Old 13th October 2011, 14:14   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do join us for Lonavala event this saturday 15th October. One THAR is reserved for you. This is a 4x4 event only.
Dear vinod - I wish I could, but, anyways, best of luck, good wishes and take care.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 13th October 2011, 22:01   #88
Senior - BHPian

Some more pictures are being processed..courtesy blue thunder

Some more time please..
headers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2011, 09:45   #89
BHPian

Looking at all the pics, I'd rather be a spectator on my first OTR! Can't wait for the nextone.

@Vishnu, please be kind & reserve a space for me in your truck.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:29   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979
@Vishnu, please be kind & reserve a space for me in your truck.
I most definitely will Shyam

By the way, I'm looking at getting a 2 inch ironman suspension lift and underbody protection pretty soon. Will most likely get those only in January though.

Initially had not planned on spending anywhere near this amount on my car but now I just can't stop myself! I have to try to keep up with you jeepers somehow!

Last edited by Endeavour333 : 14th October 2011 at 18:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks