Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2012, 23:32   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2012 Toyota Bootcamp : How to convert barren land into a 4WD Track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Anyone with ~4- acres land just outside city limits listening? You have a potential fun filled business idea right here (I wish I had this much land)
Land is there sir, but people like me are complete noobs in off roading. So, such things are not so common. Anyone interested in such a thing one hour from Bangalore? No I am not marketing or doing real estate business, but we own a fairly large amount of unused land. So now this thread has made me thinking
Old 22nd October 2012, 00:06   #47
BHPian

Hi Dr.Tejas, Excellent first hand report of this kind of offroading stuff !! I have come across some real offroad situation pics and even this kind of boot camp ones too ! But,this one is simply superb.Its as though I were beside you ,accompanying and enjoying things as it unfolded infront of me. Wonderful.I could get the real feel from these lively pics though i'm nowhere related to offroading,even remotely.

One query - What perspective does the tyre obstacle test in the 4x4? Can you post a pic of the T Forts going over it ? Just intrigued me !

I'm also pleasantly surprised of you being in medical profession and having unbelievable passion in cars :-) I'm too a proud young colleague of you,Dr.Tejas ! will you pm you soon .
kums is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 08:20   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kums View Post

One query - What perspective does the tyre obstacle test in the 4x4? Can you post a pic of the T Forts going over it ? Just intrigued me !
Well nothing really except simulating rough terrain. Our "clinical research" ( ) found that people for some reason get a kick out of driving over tyres.

Also, the feeling one get's out of driving over tyres is completely different and must be experienced. It's like driving through a very bad patch of road but a cushioned patch. So the car is getting tossed up and down but you don't feel the jarring thud down your spinal cord. It's like driving your vehicle on a water bed.

A couple of pics:

2012 Toyota Bootcamp : How to convert barren land into a 4WD Track!-imageresizerwm1.jpg

2012 Toyota Bootcamp : How to convert barren land into a 4WD Track!-imageresizerwm2.jpg

Quote:
I'm also pleasantly surprised of you being in medical profession and having unbelievable passion in cars :-) I'm too a proud young colleague of you,Dr.Tejas ! will you pm you soon .

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 22nd October 2012 at 08:24. Reason: typos
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 23:11   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's one more video:

Old 18th November 2012, 10:58   #50
Team-BHP Support

Autocar has uploaded the video of the event -

SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks