Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 11:48   #16
BHPian

Re: Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils

Awesome report, and some fabulous frames! Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I just *LOVE* that green van. Any more details about it?
I think you are talking about the Jeep Forward Control?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Forward_Control

Regards,
Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 11:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Somehow never imagined someone would capture the moment.
There are a lot of people who pretty discreetly keep an eye on Marengo (and you off course); I was doing it publicly
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 14:14   #18
BHPian

This was one hell of an awesome offroading session on behalf of KO with KOW members bring taught about the finer nuances of life off the road. We being members of KO enjoyed a lot seeing the stalwarts of KO which includes the legendary UBS Sir, Vicky Arora, Vibeck Sharma, Hero Sen, Adhiraaj Singh, Vidyun Singh, Anirban Ghosh, Sumitro Chakravarthy and quite a few other experienced members showing the participants what old jeeps are and how they perform in offroad conditions. The weather was also thankfully not too hot so as to cause major discomfort and the track was also selected such that the participants had no difficulty doing the stretch whilst enjoying the jeep. All of the KO members cooperated with each other completely and as a result of that this event has been a great success. Now I should stop the rant and treat the audiences to some eye candies.

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-img_20160313_145843.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-img_20160313_090314.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-img_20160313_090310.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-img_20160313_090306.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-img20160317wa0008.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-img20160317wa0007.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-img20160317wa0006.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-img20160317wa0005.jpg

Regards,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 12:07   #19
Team-BHP Support

Awesome clicks Samba and Arav, rated 5 stars. Thanks to KO and KOW that we had a wonderful Sunday outing. It was fun as well as educative. The sessions with UBS Sir are to be cherished for years to come. The enthusiasm and patience that he shows for newcomers is to be seen to be believed. Thanks to Adhiraj for allowing me to drive on the trail with a few participants. Hope to see more such events in future.

Regarding the Pajero Sport, I was quite disappointed at being refused a drive by the representative from Shah Automobiles. Maybe somebody had showed them my bank statement

However, thanks to a guy named Dip with a Pajero Sport, I got a chance to get a first hand experience of the vehicle on the trail and I was quite impressed. Except for the long wheelbase, there is nothing against the vehicle. Oh I forgot one point. After driving the Bolero, Thar and a few old rattly Jeep for years, I have got used to the visibility that these vehicles provide. In most cases one does not need a spotter to see where they are going. But the same cannot be said about these big brawny SUVs like Fortuner and Pajero Sport. Visibility, at least for me, is a big issue in these vehicles.
BlackPearl is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 15:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Regarding the Pajero Sport, I was quite disappointed at being refused a drive by the representative from Shah Automobiles.
On a serious note, I was pretty dejected at this attitude of the Sales Guys from the Dealership. Completely not acceptable. Considering them to be the title sponsors for the event with the Demo Vehicles On Site, they expect us to take the Test Drive of the Pajero on Tarmac City Roads for a Vehicle like "The Pajero Sport". Had they given the Test Drives (in restricted/ designated places) on the venue on that day itself, they could have been able to generate potential leads for their future sales amongst the array of Offroad Enthusiasts.

Sharing the Data extracted and gathered from GTO's thread of The 2015 Report Card - Annual Indian Car Sales & Analysis! Link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html Have a look at the numbers which are self explanatory :

• Mahindra XUV 500 - 37100
  • Toyota Fortuner - 15909
  • Tata Safari Storme - 8081
  • Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - 1746

All the above figures are for the Calendar Year of 2015. Very disheartened to see the numbers for the Pajero Sport which is by itself is an "SUV that lets you discover yourself". Buck up Guys (the sales team) and be a little more 'Pro Active' !!

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 18th March 2016 at 15:11. Reason: Changes
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 19:02   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
On a serious note, I was pretty dejected at this attitude of the Sales Guys from the Dealership. Completely not acceptable. Considering them to be the title sponsors for the event with the Demo Vehicles On Site, they expect us to take the Test Drive of the Pajero on Tarmac City Roads for a Vehicle like "The Pajero Sport". Had they given the Test Drives (in restricted/ designated places) on the venue on that day itself, they could have been able to generate potential leads for their future sales amongst the array of Offroad Enthusiasts.
Absolutely spot on Arav, and compared to these Mitsubishi guys see what Renault had offered us in terms of test drive when Duster AWD was launched -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3550704

And the result is that we have more than 6 Duster AWDs in our small circle.
Though off-topic, but still posting the pics of the Duster AWD to show how to win hearts of potential customers.

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-dsc_2242.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-dsc_2243.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-dsc_2244.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-dsc_2245.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-dsc_2247.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-dsc_2249.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-dsc_2250.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-dsc_2252.jpg

Kolkata: KOW goes off-roading with KO Devils-dsc_2254.jpg
BlackPearl is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 21:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi's Tie up was with Kolkata-On-Wheels authorities. We do not know the internal T&C of that arrangement.

This event was a Kolkata-On-wheels event. "Kolkata Offroaders" were a facilitator to it.

The case where Renault helped showcasing their vehicle should not be equated to this one. In that Renault was directly involved with the group.
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks