Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2016, 22:29   #61
BHPian

Re: Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets

Hi Guys any action planned for Delhi-NCR over the next 8-10 days.

My Thar and i are in Delhi till the 17th.

Havent dont much off roading in life but would be interested to spend a fun day out with you guys and your vehicles.

Thanks

Kundan
Old 17th December 2016, 13:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Guys, we are planning our next outing tomorrow. I and .anshuman are confirmed, who all are interested please confirm your availability here or on WhatsApp group. We are expecting 2 new vehicles this time, a new Gen Scorpio equipped with MLD and a V Cross.

Time: Sunday Dec 18, 12PM, outside Valley View Apartments, GFR.
Old 17th December 2016, 19:34   #63

Hello,
Please count me in. Here is my number in case you want to add me to the whatsapp group. And I think the meeting place is right after I cross the red light of Ghata Viallage, after crossing the police chowki, right?

Thanks,
VTEC POWER

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th December 2016 at 23:35. Reason: Removing contact number. Thanks
VTEC POWER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 13:41   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

We had an interesting lineup again for yesterday's outing.

List of cars-
  • Isuzu V-Cross.
  • New Mahindra Thar
  • New Scorpio 4wd
plus the regulars-
  • Ironman Fortuner
  • old Ford Endeavour
  • and my XUV-500 AWD

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-dsc00516.jpg
VTEC Power's brand new Thar.

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-dsc00515.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-aaa_6822.jpg
Ace's Fortuner flexing the muscles

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-aaa_6804.jpg
First time entrant, and going to be a regular from now, brand new Isuzu V-Cross. See how the upgraded larger tyres help change the stance of the car.

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-aaa_6801.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-aaa_6821.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-dsc00518.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-dsc00521.jpg
Yesterday's group

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-dsc00523.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-dsc00526.jpg
Cars parked after the session.

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-dsc00528.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-aaa_6797.jpg
There was a Mercedes drive event nearby we spotted this G63 AMG, turned out to be an disappointment due to low GC, it was scrapping on softest of the main tracks, ineligible in stock form for even milder stuff we do with crossovers like XUV.

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-aaa_6813.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-dsc00524.jpg
German's don't like being abused

That's all for now! Thanks everyone for attending, see you soon.
.anshuman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 15:52   #65
Senior - BHPian

A few more random pics here...

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4586.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4590.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4592.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4593.jpg

Isuzu's superlong wheelbase and no locking differentials in the front or back means chances of getting beached are high even though this particular truck has upsized tires (285 cross-section Vs 235 in stock form) adding a couple of inches of GC! But even that isn't enough and the low hanging points of side steps don't help the case either. It was beached over an obstacle where XUV came up like nothing happened! Plus no tow hook in the rear!!! (another priority mod, both for Isuzu and old Endeavour).

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4602.jpg

Scoprio pulled the big boy Isuzu out this time.
Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4587.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4588.jpg

Similarly, there were more than a few low hanging parts in the underbody of this stock Thar. Which meant it couldn't come up through this obstacle and kept getting stuck! We had to back up the Jeep and it took another way out. I did this obstacle in my Fortuner going downhill as well as uphill, no sweat!
Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4601.jpg

A couple of more pics of the AMG!

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4578.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4600.jpg

It was fun day overall, we had one event being organized by Isuzu, another one by Mercedes in our local off-road grounds + the motorized Para-gliders also kept giving us company every now and then!

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4580.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4581.jpg

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-img_4582.jpg
Ace F355 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 20:49   #66

It was a great, fun filled day and more amazing to finally meet the 2+2 of you. (XUV + Fortuner)

For Thar my approach is to push it to the limits gradually and then see what I need to upgrade/add/remove based on usage. On a lighter note, actually Vitamin M or the lack of it actually made me take that approach.LOL

Thanks,
Viresh
VTEC POWER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 21:35   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like you had a great time guys! Incidentally I was also invited by Isuzu for an offroad event at Bandhwari from 11-3pm and probably would have been closeby. Saw some really heavily modded Isuzus - sharing some pics. The white beast had a 6 inch lift kit and huge tyres. The GC was around 450mm! In the event we did see a stock Vcross get beached similar to what you experienced- the long wheelbase is prone to beaching.
The Black Isuzu which joined you seems to be Turbanator's Isuzu - has someone from Gurgaon bought it, as Turbanator was keen to sell it.
Hope to see you guys soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-1482163241114.jpg  

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-1482163257167.jpg  

Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets-1482163324532.jpg  

Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 13:19   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Looks like you had a great time guys! Incidentally I was also invited by Isuzu for an offroad event at Bandhwari from 11-3pm and probably would have been closeby.
It was fun, like always, join us sometime. Yes we were around the same place only.

Quote:
Saw some really heavily modded Isuzus - sharing some pics. The white beast had a 6 inch lift kit and huge tyres. The GC was around 450mm! In the event we did see a stock Vcross get beached similar to what you experienced- the long wheelbase is prone to beaching.
I saw this raised Isuzu parked, had a look at rear suspension, did not like the job. It looks imposing, that's all, its just a poser.

Long wheelbase and rear overhang is a problem, but the biggest problem is side footstep, our Isuzu got beached only because of that ill designed accessory, upgrade planned for proper rock sliders!

As a project car its awesome, for this money there is no competition, I found the Ride and Handling perfectly OK.

Quote:
The Black Isuzu which joined you seems to be Turbanator's Isuzu - has someone from Gurgaon bought it, as Turbanator was keen to sell it.
Hope to see you guys soon!
The car is in our group, over the time it will get much needed upgrades, just the tyre change has made much better compared to stock car.

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th December 2016 at 13:21.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 14:04   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
has someone from Gurgaon bought it,
Yes, it's now with the Ansuhuman's friend. I picked an Endeavour.

Quote:
I found the Ride and Handling perfectly OK
Agreed, ride is fair, though steering is on harder side but with kind of muscles you guys have, it will be like a hatchback

Quote:
ver the time it will get much needed upgrades
Suspension especially front is a big downer. This truck is too heavy on the front and needs better coils. Front bumper should also go.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 23:02   #70
Senior - BHPian

A few videos from our past OTR...

Ace F355 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 10:16   #71
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely hopeless tires in the new gen Scorpio in form of Bridgestone Duelers as far as even little OTR goes.

A change of tires would help here the most, just see the way in which AWD XUV tackles the same obstacle.
Old 22nd December 2016, 10:46   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Absolutely hopeless tires in the new gen Scorpio in form of Bridgestone Duelers as far as even little OTR goes.
On this dry terrain the tyres are not the weakest link, for new Scorpio its the suspension tune, check out each and every Scorpio video I have uploaded, one of the front tyres get airborne every now and then.

I hate to say this, new Scorpio is by far the least capable 4x4 SUV I have seen, if a monocoque crossover- XUV outperforms it every now and then, something is really really wrong with it. Reasons are on page 1.

Quote:
A change of tires would help here the most, just see the way in which AWD XUV tackles the same obstacle.
We tried earlier with roy_libran's Scorpio, which had exact same tyres as my XUV, XUV outperformed both the cars.
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 11:13   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
one of the front tyres get airborne every now and then.
At one occasion, I had to climb over a path where there was a gap between the earth and the road, the front left did get airborne but wasn't an issue. And I could feel the SUV tilting a lot.

Are you trying to mention the articulation level? A monocoque should be having less articulation, no?

Being an owner, while I am disappointed, I am not looking much as my sole purpose wasn't to take it OTR and I am getting Maxxis for mine as a new year's gift/2nd birthday gift.

Quote:
We tried earlier with roy_libran's Scorpio, which had exact same tyres as my XUV, XUV outperformed both the cars.
This isn't funny. The older gen is a much capable machine as shown by 1100D's Scorpio [Marengo] Don't know what went wrong with the current gen Scorpio.

But anyways, lets call a spade just that. Because if I had the $$$, I wouldn't have got the Scorpio.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 11:42   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
At one occasion, I had to climb over a path where there was a gap between the earth and the road, the front left did get airborne but wasn't an issue. And I could feel the SUV tilting a lot.
As long as 3 tyres are on ground, you are good, but obstacles you see here in videos are tricky, they have multiple ruts, some of them placed diagonally.

Quote:
Are you trying to mention the articulation level? A monocoque should be having less articulation, no?
Both have poor articulation, but XUV does not dance here and there like a see saw while doing stuff like this. Plus with Scorpio it is scary to carry speed in a obstacle. Then power delivery is weakest around.

Quote:
Being an owner, while I am disappointed, I am not looking much as my sole purpose wasn't to take it OTR and I am getting Maxxis for mine as a new year's gift/2nd birthday gift.
What made you pick Maxxis over Scorpion or Cross Contact? Price?!

Quote:
This isn't funny. The older gen is a much capable machine as shown by 1100D's Scorpio [Marengo] Don't know what went wrong with the current gen Scorpio.
Mentioned on page 1, they have different suspension type, chassis, rear axle... has big improvement in on road dynamics but has ruined the off road credentials.

Quote:
But anyways, lets call a spade just that. Because if I had the $$$, I wouldn't have got the Scorpio.
It is what it is, in comparison all this looks much easy for the Storme. Will have back to back comparison soon.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:10   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
What made you pick Maxxis over Scorpion or Cross Contact? Price?!.
Cross contacts - NA

Pirelli Scorpion ATR's - Availability as well as date of manufacturing is a question. I read few online reviews [mostly Australian] and they had 90% positive reviews for Bravo 771, not much about Scorpion ATR's. Prone to punctures and few side wall issues were reported, but, they were good on both, on road as well as off it.

Of course not price Shopkeeper has sold lots of Bravo 771 and is giving a heads up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks