Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2017, 11:47   #16
BHPian

Re: Getting dirty at the Mahindra Offroading Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
Wonderful report Sameer!
Seems like a good fun event combined with the knowledge gain. The pricing seems reasonable considering they are providing a vehicle too. Your thread has made me check out the site and itching to book one in September

Can you share more details on this since this is something I couldn't really find on their site. Like, is transportation arranged for folks arriving from other cities?
Based on that I will have an idea of the logistics I need to take care of.
@Manas_270 Its an awesome experience and would recommend the same.

About carpool there are participants coming from all over and some of them are from Mumbai as well. So you can hopp with them, Manish who is the lead trainer has all the details and co-ordinates with all the participants. So plan your journey till Mumbai and Mumbai to Igatpuri you may find options.

Last edited by sameerpb : 27th August 2017 at 11:57. Reason: spelling
sameerpb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 19:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
@Manas_270 Its an awesome experience and would recommend the same.

About carpool there are participants coming from all over and some of them are from Mumbai as well. So you can hopp with them, Manish who is the lead trainer has all the details and co-ordinates with all the participants. So plan your journey till Mumbai and Mumbai to Igatpuri you may find options.
Hello Sameer,

that was one great write up. I am also looking forward to book it.

I have one query, if I take my wife and kid or a friend along with me who will not be driving the Thar, then do I also need to register them?
Also, can they accompany me in the Thar while going through the obstacles.

Also I am confused about the dates. It says that the Getting Dirty is basic course of 5 hours in a day, but on the booking page they mention Saturday and Sunday as selection date, so I am not sure if it will be for Saturday or for Sunday?

I am planning this somewhere in Feb, if its possible can you please PM me their email ID (I am not sure if adventure@mahindra.com is the correct one for this purpose)

TIA.

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 4th January 2018 at 19:17.
offroad_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 09:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Hello Sameer,

that was one great write up. I am also looking forward to book it.

I have one query, if I take my wife and kid or a friend along with me who will not be driving the Thar, then do I also need to register them?
Also, can they accompany me in the Thar while going through the obstacles.

Also I am confused about the dates. It says that the Getting Dirty is basic course of 5 hours in a day, but on the booking page they mention Saturday and Sunday as selection date, so I am not sure if it will be for Saturday or for Sunday?

I am planning this somewhere in Feb, if its possible can you please PM me their email ID (I am not sure if adventure@mahindra.com is the correct one for this purpose)

TIA.
Thanks TIA, Your friend or family can accompany you and they are allowed to join you in Thar with safety helmets. Getty dirty is a basic course and conducted only on Saturday. Timing for the course is morning 9:00 Am to 2:00 pm the other course trail survivor is a 2 day course which starts at 3:00 PM and goes till next day. I will PM you further details to you.

Regards,
Sameer
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 00:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks TIA, Your friend or family can accompany you and they are allowed to join you in Thar with safety helmets. Getty dirty is a basic course and conducted only on Saturday. Timing for the course is morning 9:00 Am to 2:00 pm the other course trail survivor is a 2 day course which starts at 3:00 PM and goes till next day. I will PM you further details to you.

Regards,
Sameer
Thanks a lot Sameer.

I have contacted them. Lets see how it goes.

offroad_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 21:25   #20
BHPian

Update:

I also participated in Getting Dirty (Basic) Course with my brother on 13th Jan.

Though it was a dry and somewhat a hot day for Jan, I must say we enjoyed a lot. Great team of Selvin, Pradeep ensured we had an amazing time with lots of good memories and experience.

I will upload some pics and videos from the event just to give others an idea how it is on a dry day (Nature's point of view ). Most of the pics available on net are from rainy season. The experience is different on other days for sure, yet its equally fun.

Lets see if I can book the next course (Trail Survivor) during this year's rainy season.
Old 19th January 2018, 14:03   #21
BHPian

I have been thinking of attending one of these for quite some time, and this post convinces me to do that. I almost had an opportunity this December when I was driving from Bangalore to Pune on the 23rd. Unfortunately, their course was on the 23rd and 24th and it was not possible for me to advance my trip. Will look for something in the monsoons for some slush-fest!
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 15:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I have been thinking of attending one of these for quite some time, and this post convinces me to do that. I almost had an opportunity this December when I was driving from Bangalore to Pune on the 23rd. Unfortunately, their course was on the 23rd and 24th and it was not possible for me to advance my trip. Will look for something in the monsoons for some slush-fest!
Monsoons is the best time to visit Mahindra offroad academy, Thar is totally different in rains and you can make out easily from videos. Also go for 2 day course its more fun to drive Thar in evening as well.
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 15:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Monsoons is the best time to visit Mahindra offroad academy, Thar is totally different in rains and you can make out easily from videos. Also go for 2 day course its more fun to drive Thar in evening as well.
Yes, I will attend the 2 day course (whenever I actually do that). Am based in Bangalore, so no point traveling all the way just for half a day.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 09:22   #24
BHPian

Recently visited Mahindra off-road academy on route to Nashik and refreshed my memory's. While I was there met Manish and spent decent 30 mins. Getting dirty at the Mahindra Offroading Academy-imageuploadedbyteambhp1520999137.976802.jpg

With Manish and Motoringlover.

Getting dirty at the Mahindra Offroading Academy-imageuploadedbyteambhp1520999190.871119.jpg

Academy has refreshed fleet of THAR's

Getting dirty at the Mahindra Offroading Academy-imageuploadedbyteambhp1520999382.295984.jpg

Recent brand new addition, which we enjoyed driving
sameerpb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 16:23   #25
BHPian

Mahindra off-road academy on popular demand have restarted the Track Days.

Date: June 10, Sunday
Cost: Rs 3000
Inclusions: Track time of 3 hours and refreshments
Time: 10 am - 1 pm

Please book your slot. Contact Selvin Jose +918108603177
Old 1st June 2018, 16:53   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra off-road academy on popular demand have restarted the Track Days.

Date: June 10, Sunday
Cost: Rs 3000
Inclusions: Track time of 3 hours and refreshments
Time: 10 am - 1 pm

Please book your slot. Contact Selvin Jose +918108603177
Website mentions Rs. 2500 for the track day.

http://mahindraadventure.com/off-roa...ck-day-9-to-12
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 22:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Rs 3000 is the correct price. The website is reflecting the old price. This will be updated over the weekend.
drifter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks