Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2023, 12:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Back to the fundamentals | 4XPloring at Mahindra SUV Proving Track, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Nice report and video compilation Deb. These experience tracks seem to be very useful for buyers. Nice to see you all having a go in your steeds.
Thanks Hari, it’s indeed quite insightful for new buyers to understand the capabilities and limitations of their 4x4s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
How did it feel taking your new possession into such deep dirt?
Did you encounter any issues with the ScorpioN steering?

Looking forward to my own 1st 4WD excursion.
Thanks Sammy. It was quite exhilarating, especially doing the Parade obstacle.
No issues with the steering, it behaved predictably off the road. In fact the lightness helped a bit vis-a-vis the Thar’s doing the same obstacles there.

MSPT has scheduled another Fundamentals course next month. Check out Mahindra Adventure’s instagram page or website for details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post
Something I'd really love to do. But where do we learn offroading in the NCR area--do you guys have any idea?
There’s Off-road Adventure Zone in Gurgaon. Try reaching out to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Good to see N being made to perform some light exercise

The MSPT + Extreme adventure package is absolutely worth it for a petrol head. Your internal organs will get displaced when they hit ~ 200 kmph on that ~45 degree banked curve and then the extreme adventure section of the track will put the organs back in its place.

It's good fun and you come back with a greater appreciation of the team at work there , passionate set of petrol heads - Bala, Dhanush , Sohail you guys rock.
Thanks Kosfactor. I’m looking forward to an Extreme adventure moonlight trail as well as and when that happens.
nerd1200 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 18:22   #17
BHPian

Did you cars have any modifications or accessories?
Old 4th July 2023, 21:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post
Something I'd really love to do. But where do we learn offroading in the NCR area--do you guys have any idea? While I am on the matter of learning, would BHPians advise me on any car driving video channels they find helpful? Thank you. There is an abundance of advice on YouTube, but I am not sure they can be trusted.

I am not a new driver (though for offroading and 4x4s I'd be one). I drive an Scross--still--though I have to part ways with it because of the 10-yr diesel ban in effect in NCR. I tried a Virtus 1.0, and somehow didn't like it.
I would recommend Off Road Adventure Zone on the Gurgaon Faridabad road. I went there recently with my Thar. Had a go (it was my first time off roading) with one of their Gypsies first and then in my Thar. Thoroughly enjoyable experience. If you're lucky, you could even catch Mr Vikarmjeet, the owner blasting the track with his personal gypsy, a sight to behold.
Sumer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 17:57   #19
BHPian

Being a long time bookee of the XUV700, I got an invite from Mahindra to experience the full capabilities of XUV700 in their MSPT ( Cheyyar) this Saturday.
careind is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks