Team-BHP - Report - Offroad Training Day at Kelambakkam Quarry
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   Report - Offroad Training Day at Kelambakkam Quarry (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/32439-report-offroad-training-day-kelambakkam-quarry-6.html)

Super stuff Samurai and Krishna. One can really see the place and excitement.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ex670c (Post 655040)
Planning the next OTRish Meet in JAN.

Krishna, try not to use wide angle for this time. Your 70-200 is THE LENS for this kind of event.

As your shot here..This is the kind of angle with some space around will give the maximum impact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 657262)
Krishna, try not to use wide angle for this time. Your 70-200 is THE LENS for this kind of event.

True, although I used both 14-54 and 50-200 during my limited shooting, it is the 50-200mm shots I liked when I reviewed my pics.

Example:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 654604)

Rudra, you would have really enjoyed at this place. You gotta visit this place some day with Arka/Headers etc.

I remember the time. Will try to make it for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 654193)

King of the hill.

This is what I am most worried about when off-roading my LC. As compared to the jeeps, the LC is big, heavy and LONG. Big and heavy can be mitigated to some extent by an extra set of eyes and the engine. But the wheelbase (which is longer in my LC than the Prado) is bound to bite you like in the picture. And there are some serious mechanicals right where the LC has contacted the ground, like exhaust, center diff, driveshafts etc.

I missed this event due to my bad back but will definitely be there next time.

Gears,
Red-One.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 656986)
Man, this is offroad, remember ? if you are thinking of seat belts, stay on the road. this is a different kind of sport that involves a lot more common sense & safety from the driver. You cannot think of doing extreme driving on these terrain. look out for yourself & your co-passengers & if you cannot, then please do not do it. :)

One needs common sense and safety in ANY kind of driving....and accidents still happen, right? And i wasn't talking about any extreme driving. Like somebody pointed out, it's easy to topple.
I do look out for myself and my co-passenger.

BTW, my Bolero is 2WD and i've ordered this kit from AWD Kit - $450.99 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

As soon as i get it fixed, i'll be there for the next offroad......with seatbelts of course!!

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqy (Post 657523)
One needs common sense and safety in ANY kind of driving....and accidents still happen, right? And i wasn't talking about any extreme driving. Like somebody pointed out, it's easy to topple.
I do look out for myself and my co-passenger.

BTW, my Bolero is 2WD and i've ordered this kit from AWD Kit - $450.99 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

As soon as i get it fixed, i'll be there for the next offroad......with seatbelts of course!!

Dude I'm hoping you said this as a joke. i'm already feeling sorry for your 2WD. check out the other fantastic products on the website:uncontrol

Warning before you use this product: Hope you will also follow these :uncontrol
Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqy (Post 657523)

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 657651)
Warning before you use this product:
  • Please refrain from making left or right turns once this kit is installed.
  • To enjoy the added handling benefits of AWD with this kit, is important that the steering wheel remains perfectly centered!
Hope you will also follow these :uncontrol

I am sure he missed the fine print.:uncontrol

he he he. I would rather drive the bolero on 2WD.

Guys, I think he posted it as a joke. Let's not deviate from the topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 657651)
Warning before you use this product:
  • Please refrain from making left or right turns once this kit is installed.
  • To enjoy the added handling benefits of AWD with this kit, is important that the steering wheel remains perfectly centered!
Hope you will also follow these :uncontrol

Yes, that's why i'm coming STRAIGHT to Chennai.

Ok, back on track, i mean off road. Some more pics from my side

Samurai tackling the first ditch

Arka drumming inputs into samurai for the turn

Mrs. & Dr. Jones being paparazzi-ed by our cameramen.

tifosikrishna & pugram keeping themselves fair & lovely.

Nitrous endorsing the product after he had generously splashed it on his face before the shaadi.com photo shoot.

Madan doing a kollywood step that he learnt recently.

The LC Prado trying to get out of the hill

headers doing the in & out. :)

I have to tackle some really bad roads everyday on the way to work. I just keep it on 1st gear and chug along at 5kmph with no throttle / clutch riding.

Isn't it better than shifting into 2nd and riding / burning the clutch? Any lessons from offroading?

-- Torqy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqy (Post 657796)
Isn't it better than shifting into 2nd and riding / burning the clutch? Any lessons from offroading?

Yes, we were told not to touch the clutch other than for changing gears. In uphill driving, I was in 2nd and tapping the acclerator constantly to keep the momentum, no touching the clutch.

Killer trip !....wish had been there,couldn't believe kelambakkam can look so good?, hated kelambakkam to the core as i used to work there and the daily drive to work was unbelievable...

..and as said earlier brilliant pictures..

OK, so between the MM, CJ and the LC which was the most capable off roader. which one got stuck more often and which one sailed through. Anyone?