Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 11:03   #1
BHPian

Exotic Offroading

Well its that time of the year when my entire family gets together for the festive season..christmas and new years...and what better way to celebrate our joy then going off roading with a bunch of mean monster machines..
two years ago same time we went north to the himalayas and corbette for one of the most thrilling n heart pounding off road vacations of ours..
we were accompanied by beautiful cars then..link below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...himalayas.html

well the time has come again....some cars still remain..but the best part is that new cars have joined us..not really brand new..just new in our stable...they are one of a kind..as always and raring to be driven
the place this time is goa since there is a family wedding at the same time
the trip commences 2nd jan..we will be meeting earlier but off roading starts on the 2nd
the machines...wait n c
i have not driven for a long time since i have been in the navy for the last one year and so cant wait to get behind the wheels of our new possesions
also if any ones from goa please..please give suggestions for impossible terrain possibly south goa.......
im sure the wait will be worth it

Last edited by xtreme power : 18th December 2007 at 11:05.
Old 18th December 2007, 12:34   #2
BHPian

Best news I've read in a long time! Read about your last expedition and can't wait for this one! I plan to drive up from Blr to Goa this weekend and spend Christmas in Palolem, but no 4x4 stuff sadly. As for suggestions - I think Dudhsagar falls is pretty challenging. Never been there myself though.

Cheers,
Ajit
Old 18th December 2007, 16:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Try the Panajim-Khanapur road, it runs through a forest.

Also you can try the Kumta-Sirsi-Haveri Stretch it runs through a Reserve Forest with a lot of Jungle tracks.

I was in Goa, 1st Week of December, unfortunately I had taken the Ford Fiesta, so could not checkout these tracks.

Regards,

Arka
Old 18th December 2007, 17:52   #4
BANNED

Damn i am not in Goa. Have been offroading alone since 2000 - South and North Goa. I can help you with some routes, but those are mostly quite commonly used and no real offraoding.

You can try the Dudhsagar route but again, nothing great the route is used by 2WD Jeeps. But awesome scenery with very little sunlight coming through. You will have to cross couple of long streams. Only problem its the tourist season and you will find loads of tourists there.

Second Option Bicholim Mining area, again not so great but loads of fun. Slippery, slush filled inclines with no grip at all. I had managed to topple my Classic here.

Third Option - After Honda(yes that's a village in Goa) off Chorla Ghat. Treachearous route, you might have to cut your way through in many places, the vegetation gets very thick there after the monsoons. Havent seen the route after this monsoon but can get real tough. There is a small track running up the hill towards a small village. The local people should be able to guide and help you. Awesome track. I have turned back twice but eventually managed to reach the village after being more prepared. The 18 Km route took me 8 hours. My Classic was the first veicle ever in that village, they broke a coconut infront of it.

There a huge lot of other tracks, but the local populace is not so inviting as it spoils their farms and vegetation. If you dont know the local lingo they wont let you drive through.
Some agitations going on in Goa due to SEZ's and mining issues so most of those tracks are off limits untill everything cools off.
Will come up with more options, need to speak to some folks there who will be able to tell me the situation there. Let me know if anything else is required.
Old 19th December 2007, 19:09   #5
BHPian

hi guys,
nice to have a special section for off roading.i am from Goa and am a regular off roader. we have a small club of about 12 vehicles. most of them gypsies,MM540 ,2 landrovers and a custom made mahindra which is our recovery vehicle.we do about 12 to 15 drives a year, mostly in the monsoon.there are amazing tracks in Goa.From mild to really wild.The valpoi area is best for such tracks along the western ghats.I will post snaps of our outings soon.
cheers
Old 19th December 2007, 20:25   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hi rallystar,

That's nice to know, somebody on my side of the coast. Kindly post a new thread with your pics. May be I can visit you guys next monsoon.
Old 1st February 2008, 14:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
unfortunately I had taken the Ford Fiesta, so could not checkout these tracks.
One guy who prefers his [t]rusty jeep to the acclaimed Fiesta!! to travel on our roads!
Old 18th October 2009, 16:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You can try the Dudhsagar route but again, nothing great the route is used by 2WD Jeeps. But awesome scenery with very little sunlight coming through. You will have to cross couple of long streams. Only problem its the tourist season and you will find loads of tourists there.
I will be driving to Goa in the new Gypsy early in November, and if I can drag myself away from the beaches, a drive to Dudhsagar seems interesting. Molem - Colem - Dudhsagar correct? Any updates on the off road conditions? How bad is the worst of the road that the Jeeps take tourists by?
Old 18th October 2009, 21:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I will be driving to Goa in the new Gypsy early in November, and if I can drag myself away from the beaches, a drive to Dudhsagar seems interesting. Molem - Colem - Dudhsagar correct? Any updates on the off road conditions? How bad is the worst of the road that the Jeeps take tourists by?
Nothing much different from the roads in some of the villages near pune.
They used to be fun but now it's mud roads [NO off road]. and in November the path is dry and dusty nothing Gypsy can't handle in 2WD.
Old 18th October 2009, 22:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Nothing much different from the roads in some of the villages near pune.
They used to be fun but now it's mud roads [NO off road]. and in November the path is dry and dusty nothing Gypsy can't handle in 2WD.
That is good and bad! Is it still not a scenic drive and place interesting enough to visit at that time?
Old 19th October 2009, 09:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

It's is good anytime of the year, the drive is fun, route is scenic, water fall never drys. Carry lots of driving water and good food, a year or so back, us couple friends had been there and food was bad, same the case with water , you do get package water but not from reputed company. do not Know now, may have changed, but do not risk it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks