Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2008, 15:42   #46
BHPian

Really a very good write up! nice and beautiful, I have been to mutthodi before on a sumo 4*4. Was a such a drag. The wheels kept spinning on one of the slopes, and had to be pulled out by a tractor. And on roads the vehicle was much worse. Not to forget, The leeches drank half of my blood while we got down from the vehicle.
Old 23rd August 2008, 16:37   #47
BHPian

arggggggg!!! I hate leeches! They are my worst nightmares!
Old 23rd August 2008, 19:04   #48
BHPian

Here are a few snaps that I had from mutthodi forest reserve.

Here are a few snaps that I had from Mutthodi forest reserve. Man.. Its a must place for a visit.cheers: Planning to go here on my RX next week!
Attached Thumbnails
Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-sumo.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-leech.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-wild-river.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-sumo-dance.jpg  

Old 24th August 2008, 00:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Was is a sumo 4x4 really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Really a very good write up! nice and beautiful, I have been to mutthodi before on a sumo 4*4. Was a such a drag. The wheels kept spinning on one of the slopes, and had to be pulled out by a tractor. And on roads the vehicle was much worse. Not to forget, The leeches drank half of my blood while we got down from the vehicle.

The pic posted doesnt seem to suggest that the sumo u travelled was a 4x4!! No badging and special mud guard flares... clarify please.
Old 24th August 2008, 00:40   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

4x4 Version of the Sumo and Tata TL have electronic locking free wheeling hubs and they stick out like the 4x4 scorpios.

Auto.Server.sk - Tata TL TDI 4x4 Double Cab - indický bojovník
Old 24th August 2008, 01:02   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
The pic posted doesnt seem to suggest that the sumo u travelled was a 4x4!! No badging and special mud guard flares... clarify please.
This sumo lies in our coastal city. Where vehicle's are prone to rust. this vehicle belongs to a beedi company owner and he has already painted the vehicle twice due to rust on almost on all parts of the body. While which the vehicle was rebuilt to a normal looking Sumo, And the extra parts were stripped off for patch works. for eg: The hologram 4x4 etc, or any other part that states that its a 4x4 is removed . He only uses it to transport beedi gunny bags.
Old 25th August 2008, 19:16   #52
BHPian

Samurai Sir, as always your Travellogs or 4X4 getaways are excellent

I just joined the group recently but has been following for quite sometime know, Bhpians like Yourself, Akroy, Btirthankar are inspirations for me join the group.

The way you write makes me think as if I was travelling along with you on the trip. Hats off!
Old 25th August 2008, 21:15   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

You know in the Soligere OTR yesterday, myself and others were discussing this thread with Mukund & Jammy and discussing the GV being stuck and getting towed out and leeches etc. Made for a great discussion for some 1/2 hour over beer cans on a hilltop at the soligere peak.

PS: According to him, this particular trail did not even need 4x4 to be engaged in their Gypsies/Jeeps. That explains why he (and others) was driving so fast -- as if on road.

Cheers,

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th August 2008 at 21:20.
Old 26th August 2008, 00:48   #54
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, yeah, make fun. Actually I too was driving in my normal 4H (Unlocked) until encountering the slippery grass terrain that got my tyres spinning. With AT tyres I would have had better luck.
Old 26th August 2008, 10:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

Great writeup. As everyone said, it only makes us envy you
Would love to be around your vitara when in action, ofcourse at a safe distance. Hope it happens sooner.
Old 6th May 2011, 20:25   #56
Team-BHP Support

Re: Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet

Just wanted the report that the entire route I traveled in this trip is now shown on google map. Strangely, google doesn't let me route through it. But it is visible though.

Balehonnur, Karnataka - Google Maps

This means drivers with google map navigation (Android phones) can't get lost here.

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-fullscreen-capture-562011-82440-pm.bmp.jpg
Old 7th May 2011, 23:03   #57
Team-BHP Support

Probably some user uploaded the route. I won't show up in navigation until google officially validates it.
Old 9th May 2011, 14:16   #58
BHPian

Hi
great post, brought back memories of my trip to Muthodi and Shigekhan guest house a few months back. We had gone to spend the weekend in Chckmagalur and decided to visit the muthodi forest camp in hope to go for a safari in the forest. We reached the camp at around 4 pm , only to find that the safari's had been stopped as the forest trails were not drivable due to rains in the past few days. We were in our 4X2 safari 2.2 Safari. Since we desparately wanted to venture inside the forest and the official jeeps were not available we decided to venture out on our own. A short distance from the camp we saw a very promising forest track on the left . Decided to explore the trail and turned in, later we realised that this was the trail leading to the Shingekhan guest house. Was a great drive and the car had no issues reaching there, also encountered fresh elephant dung on the trail. The guest house was locked but the views from the parking area are to die for. Here are some photos...
Attached Thumbnails
Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1182.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1183.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1185.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1187.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1190.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1191.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1192.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1193.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1196.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1197.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1199.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1204.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1214.jpg  

Muthodi Forest Drive: The post-OTR meet that became part-OTR meet-img_1194.jpg  

Old 13th May 2011, 15:33   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Just wanted the report that the entire route I traveled in this trip is now shown on google map. Strangely, google doesn't let me route through it. But it is visible though.

Balehonnur, Karnataka - Google Maps

This means drivers with google map navigation (Android phones) can't get lost here.

Attachment 540869
Samurai San,

Happenned to bounce into this amazing adventure and could not take my eyes off. Muthodi is possibly less expolred jungles in Karnataka - hope it remains like that. I haven't been there though travelled on that road number of times. But is there on my radar. I have some questions for you.

a) Is there a need to stay in Nature camp to visit the forest?
b) Is it possible to do day trip?
c) Is there a need for permission from Forest dept? If yes, who is to be contacted?
d) Will forest department provide guides?
e) What is this ShegiKhan guest house (hope i am pronouncing it correctly)? Is there accomodation there?
f) Were you able to see any animals? Since Muthodi is other end of Bhadra Tiger reserve, did you sight any?
Old 13th May 2011, 15:54   #60
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Fauji, my answers are in bold red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
a) Is there a need to stay in Nature camp to visit the forest? NO
b) Is it possible to do day trip? Yes, I have been twice here later without staying
c) Is there a need for permission from Forest dept? If yes, who is to be contacted?No, just show up and ask for safari
d) Will forest department provide guides?Yes
e) What is this ShegiKhan guest house (hope i am pronouncing it correctly)? Is there accomodation there?It had 4-5 rooms, caretaker will cook. It has to be booked in DCF office in Bangalore
f) Were you able to see any animals? Since Muthodi is other end of Bhadra Tiger reserve, did you sight any? Hard to see any animals here, mostly nature, leeches and snakes
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks