Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:00   #46
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
OMG , How did he make it from there? Did he? Or it has to be towed?
I think, the more important question is how and why did he get IN there in the 1st place.

Old 3rd September 2008, 21:40   #47
BHPian

Shahnawaz
I noticed your gypsy with those normal road tread pattern tackling the slush! Must have given you a real tough time.
Old 4th September 2008, 16:45   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
OMG , How did he make it from there? Did he? Or it has to be towed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I think, the more important question is how and why did he get IN there in the 1st place.
mmmmm.. so it looks difficult in picture ?? In fact it is quite simple and he came out on his own. In a way, that's an amazing aspect of OTR pictures -- parts that look difficult in pictures could be very easy in reality and innocent looking parts in pictures could bog a 4x4 down in reality

To illustrate, see the 2 pictures below. The 1st one looks tough right?? but in reality it is the second one that really got a 4x4 stuck (in yesterday's OTR and it had diff locks)

Pictures of Off-Road jaunts around Bangalore-easy.jpg

Pictures of Off-Road jaunts around Bangalore-stuck.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
... I noticed your gypsy with those normal road tread pattern tackling the slush! Must have given you a real tough time.
You bet Major..!! I had a time of my life there and in hind sight it was child like foolishness on my part to even attempt that terrain with road tread pattern tyres .

However, on a positive side, it gave me immense confidence -- it was the worst that could happen and I know that it was my mistake and not my 4x4 that I could not tackle the terrain. That OTR made me realize the true potential of my 1.3L MPFI MG413W.

Cheers,
Old 5th September 2008, 15:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
mmmmm.. so it looks difficult in picture ?? In fact it is quite simple and he came out on his own. In a way, that's an amazing aspect of OTR pictures -- parts that look difficult in pictures could be very easy in reality and innocent looking parts in pictures could bog a 4x4 down in reality

To illustrate, see the 2 pictures below. The 1st one looks tough right?? but in reality it is the second one that really got a 4x4 stuck (in yesterday's OTR and it had diff locks)

Attachment 45453

Attachment 45452
The first picture looked like he cant move in either direction since it had rocks. Something like the jeep was just "placed" in the gap. So possibly since it was a ROCK and not much deep he made it. Umm.
Old 25th October 2008, 01:48   #50
BHPian

Now thats my kind off stuff. Man i wish i could be there with you guys on those tracks on my tlc. Loving the pictures.
Old 26th October 2008, 15:19   #51
BHPian

All the pictures on this thread are simply amazing.
loved the Photography, terrain & rides.
Old 26th October 2008, 18:11   #52
BHPian

Really amazing pics beauttiful landscape, great rides.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks