Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2008, 17:45   #16
Team-BHP Support

This very Pajero didn't participate in Coorg OTR despite showing up there. May be it should have, this terrain looks more challenging.
Old 5th September 2008, 17:49   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Once all of the vehicles were at the farmland, it was time for food. The hot sun had sapped our energy and we were hungry for food.

Vinay got straight into the act and him and srini got the stove and utensils ready for cooking. And yes, the 'goat' in the picture was not the food -- though some folks did express their desire for some 'mutton' .
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0276.jpg

Here we have the chicken being deep fried. looks yummy -- right ?
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0279.jpg

Meanwhile, Bhaskar got started on the 'cup-o-noodles' as he couldn't wait for the chicken to get ready.
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0281.jpg

This is how 'deep fried chicken' looks in an OTR. (oh oh.. I can see salivating mouths now here..)
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0284.jpg

The folks get ready and take out the food, drinks, juices and just start relaxing.. Few of us were pure vegetarians (including me & wifey) so we had some ready to eat packets opened and had our lunch.
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0285.jpg

Bhaskar has a splitting headache and goes off to doze for a while.
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0291.jpg

The classic -- taking a sun bath while we ate food.
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0293.jpg

All of us enjoying and chit chatting
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0294.jpg

After the food and relaxation, it was time to prepare some tea. Here is tea being made
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0296.jpg

The tea being strained..
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0300.jpg

Time for packup guys. All waste/plastic being collected in a polybag to be taken back to civilization for disposal.
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0301.jpg

We then start from that place and head home. On the way as srini's CJ3b's light /horn are not working we guide him and on the way we get it attended. Reach home by 9.30 pm, have a hot shower, food (maggie) and doze off.

A very nice OTR -- especially with food being cooked at the OTR spot.

Special mention of Kayum(Pajero owner) to having the courage to take his 4x4 where few others would dare to.
His Pajero did not suffer ANY damage apart from body scrubbing by the bushes that will go off with rubbing compound/wax. He did have a bent silencer pipe and that is just a rubber washer that needs to be replaced.

The Pajero perform quite well.

Cheers,
Old 5th September 2008, 17:53   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This very Pajero didn't participate in Coorg OTR despite showing up there. May be it should have, this terrain looks more challenging.
Yes, we did discuss this aspect. The difference that we zeroed down to was the huge number of 4x4/jeeps in the Coorg OTR.

This OTR was sooo relaxed, just few folks and no worries about time so we could take it easy and make sure that the pajero took on the terrain and at the same time not suffer any damage.
Old 5th September 2008, 20:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Amazing report. You guys had loads of fun.

After reading reports like this makes me want to go out there & buy a used Mahindra or a Gypsy for off roading adventures and keep my safari for city and highway driving.

Maybe Ill do it sometime in future

keep up the good work
Old 10th September 2008, 22:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic report and pics Shahnawaz. Which one of the pics shows you?
Kudos for all you guys finding a path to keep your offroading passion alive.
Great work.

An OTR with a cook out, wow dreams are made of this.
Must get my CJ3B going soon. Cant wait to experience an OTR.
Old 10th September 2008, 23:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

oh man, the photo of the classic is SUPERB. also i can feel the heat from here already. great stuff.
Old 12th September 2008, 21:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Khan,

Great show! Too sad that Your wife is not featured in ascent. Better take care next time.

Dwarak
Old 12th September 2008, 23:57   #23
Team-BHP Support

Is this Vinay's classic? he too hasn't removed the Coorg OTR sticker like me.
Attached Thumbnails
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-img_0293.jpg  

Last edited by Samurai : 13th September 2008 at 00:04.
Old 13th September 2008, 08:29   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Is this Vinay's classic?
.... This is Rajiv Ranjan's classic and Vinay may have been driving it in Coorg.

Vinay has a CJ and I don't think has has ever had a classic.

Quote:
...he too hasn't removed the Coorg OTR sticker like me.
Me tooo... I also haven't removed it.

IIRC, your sticker was #21, Minne is #22 and the classic has #23

Cheers,
Old 13th September 2008, 11:31   #25
BHPian

Hi Khan, wich offroader, a mahindra or a gypsy is more capable in tackling a typical OTR trail as per your experience? Asking this as i will surely buy one of these in future, so kicked with your posts!
Old 13th September 2008, 16:11   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Droooooollllll....
And you need to be kicked in the rear for stopping your posts at critical junctures to maximize the suspense 8-)
Old 13th September 2008, 16:20   #27
BHPian

ya ,,, all the jep guys dont care abt the gypsy ,,,, may be they are scared the gypsies might out perfom them ,,,, hahaha
Old 13th September 2008, 19:28   #28
BHPian

Excellent post , this kicks my "Need to own" a Gypsy right back in Damn , if only I could get my hands on one. Anybody who reads this and knows of a Gypsy that can be bought in TamilNadu do let me know. TamilNadu because that will save me the hassle of re-registering it etc.
Old 13th September 2008, 21:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
.... This is Rajiv Ranjan's classic and Vinay may have been driving it in Coorg.

Vinay has a CJ and I don't think has has ever had a classic.

Me tooo... I also haven't removed it.

IIRC, your sticker was #21, Minne is #22 and the classic has #23

Cheers,
And mine got #24(it still have the sticker). Well at that time it was still Shekhar's Jeep though ;-)
A Pajero, Gypsies, CJ3B, Classic & MM540 go off-roading, stream crossings & cooking-11092008017.jpg

Cheers!
-Vaspro
Old 13th September 2008, 21:27   #30
Team-BHP Support

KRO is Kerala registration isn't? Are you trying to get it re-registered in Karnataka?

Ah, I wish I could get those D-rings like you got on yours.

Most Viewed