Team-BHP - THE PALAR CHALLENGE 2009: Event Report
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   THE PALAR CHALLENGE 2009: Event Report (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/63720-palar-challenge-2009-event-report-3.html)

By the quality of report it is easy to make out how well the event whould have been organised. Great show Arka and congrats to winners as well as all participants and organisers for such a successful event.

The heat must have taken the extreme out of men and machines.. Great pics keep them coming.. who took them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex670c (Post 1435838)

Results of TPC2008

Winner, Palar Challenge ‘08 (Sponsored by McRennett Foods) : Team 2 Sanjay David (MM540), Vinod Nookala (MM540DP), Patrick V. (CJ3B)

Runners-up Team 1 – Vikram R MG413W, Dr, Jones (PROWLER), Rajamohan A. (MM540)

Most Performing 4WD
(Prize sponsored by MAXXIS Tyres 5 M8080 ‘Mudzilla’ 31-11.50-R15 & IGNITE for the Trophies)
The First – Sean Hameed (MG413W)
The Second – Baskar Keshavalu (MM540DP)
The Third – Vikram R. (MG413W)
Winner, Technical Event (IGNITE sponsored the Trophies)(Tyre Changing without Jack or Lifting Device & Vehicle Recovery) – Team 1 – Vikram R MG413W, Dr, Jones (PROWLER), Rajamohan A. (MM540)
Spirit of Palar (Most Sporting Team) – Team 3 – Vijayanand (JONGA), Dr. Rajkumar (CJ5) Babu (Isuzu Trooper)

Individual Special Stage (Best Individual Timing)
First – Ranjith Kuttan (M&M CLASSIC) 1:17 minutes
Tied Second & Third – Mhd.Ali (MM540XD) & Vikram R (MG413W)1:24 minutes

Congrats all you people ...You have been there and DONE IT !!!!

I should atleast be a spectator for the next TPC 2010 :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex670c (Post 1435838)

Results of TPC2008

Arka is it not TPC2009?

Congrats to the organizers for such an event and thanks for the Awesome pics.

BTW how does the spectator bit work ? any nearby places to stay ? Don't mind paying a bit to be guided around.

Good show Arka. Count me in too for the next one. This is so well and professionally managed. Keep them pictures coming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1438298)
Good show Arka. Count me in too for the next one. This is so well and professionally managed. Keep them pictures coming.

i thought I asked for a few more pix but a flood gate opened up!!! curious bout the first pic. what truck is that and how capable was that?
the green MM540 looks fantastic.

That is Arka's famous Nissan. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...aka-1-ton.html
I was a fool and did not realize that the TPC was in August and was preparing my jeep blissfully thinking that it was in September. It was only when I logged on to register when I realized my stupid mistake. Sorry Arka.

Great show and comraderie in organising the TPC2009. Is that all? Where are the pictures.
BTW congratulations to winners and runners, participants.

This stuff is juicy. Hats off to all the participants and a salute to all u organisers out here and the once who may not be reading too. This looks bloody tough

By the way the atvs look really nice

Pictures of Day#1 SS6 manned by Arcadeep Datta, he really made most of the teams cry at SS6, especially the ATV's.

Hi Guys,

Pics of SS7 manned by Manoj Shah and Aravind (ABS on TeamBhp)

Regards,

Arka

Congrats to the winners, it looks to be very tough and hats off to the off roaders who did it in style.

Correction of previous post.

Last set of pics from Day#1 SS8 manned by Manoj Shah & Aravind (ABS)

Congrats Arka and all the happily grinning participants. It is evident from the photos so far that it was just an incredible event. I really feel bad I couldn't participate. I had been subconsciously preparing for TPC, even changed the tyres to Yoko AT-S to withstand the long trip across. However, a looming crisis in the family finally forced me to back out of TPC and in fact every other event.

This would been a great chance to meet UBS sir himself, but one more ruined opportunity I suppose.

Congrats to Arka and the entire team who made this happen clap:. Such events will go a long way in defining the 4x4 scene in India.

Kudos to the participants & winners. My bad that my work did not allow me to take part and I had to be away from town during these dates, else it would have been fun to attend this one.

Few questions:
Cheers,

Great Work Arka, Many Congratulations from Hyderabad to all the participants and winners of TPC'09