Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 11:37   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sawyer, we've had healthy rainfall in the past couple of days. I say you guys ought to be ready for:

Would be heck of a lot of fun. Pic from the Shahapur MGE Thread.

Can't think of a more fitting way to say goodbye to your Paj either!
Old 28th August 2009, 11:43   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Ahh, you been reading that?! And I thought Samurai and I were having a private conversation
On the public forum? I knew it would be viewed by most 4WD gurus of the forum, so I was pretty careful about what I was saying.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:50   #18
BHPian

anybody witnessed the event?
Old 7th September 2009, 16:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

I could not go, but I met the dealer service manager that was there. He said it was hair raising and severely damaged some of the cars that went! The pix ought to be good, if someone is able to post any.
Old 7th September 2009, 20:05   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Byram (yellow + white Pajero owner) participated in the event. While the terrain was good, he says that it was terribly managed. No co-ordination or communication. Only 16 entries. I've asked him to come onboard and post his experiences.

The upside? He's got the tulip chart . We'll be offroading there on the coming sunday.
Old 7th September 2009, 21:15   #21
BHPian

I forgot to mention "apart from me". .A JCB earth mover was literally the 'pick' of the vehicles. Also witnessed the submerging of a bolero and offroading capabilities of an Innova.
Old 8th September 2009, 06:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Byram (yellow + white Pajero owner) participated in the event. While the terrain was good
We talking about the same event?! I did not hear that the terrain was good - I heard about the Bolero as well, and some Monteros that did not make it. And a Pajero that lost its front bumper and one that had a destroyed tyre that took some doing to replace it. Look forward to your report on the same terrain.
Old 8th September 2009, 10:24   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
I forgot to mention "apart from me". .A JCB earth mover was literally the 'pick' of the vehicles. Also witnessed the submerging of a bolero and offroading capabilities of an Innova.
Wasn't this a Pajero event, why are we hearing about Bolero, Montero, Innova, JCBs?
Old 8th September 2009, 12:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Wasn't this a Pajero event, why are we hearing about Bolero, Montero, Innova, JCBs?
Pajero? what pajero?

The parking lot at the Park hotel saw more Innova's than Pajero's. The Innova's were media vehicles actually. The route was good and the downpour made it pretty challenging. There was a Outlander as well which got stuck real bad and the JCB came to the rescue. There were a couple of Montero's(which is a Pajero outside India so it counts as well) as well and i was in one. Excellent route let down by poor management.
Old 24th March 2010, 02:45   #25
BHPian

pajeros are rubbish offroad, i have many videos of my pajero getting stuck and one of almost overturning
Old 24th March 2010, 15:34   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerman View Post
pajeros are rubbish offroad, i have many videos of my pajero getting stuck and one of almost overturning
I have to agree. While Pajeros are great on sand and in muck, they are all over the place in typically Indian offroad terrain (rocks, uneven terrain, curvy climbs etc.). It's the long wheel base and weight thats working against the Paj here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks