Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 12:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Who wants the Gypsy tejas??

Monstar is for sale. if anyone intrested..

P.S that doesnt mean i am out of action, just wait for some surprise

@ Alok, i dont mind anything but i think night or Eve will be better, dont want to get fried in sun.

I suggest night, cross the lake go on the island and camp with food and juice wink.

Last edited by pdev29 : 9th March 2010 at 13:00.
Old 9th March 2010, 13:21   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
@Tejas, Thanks for remembering this, Pl get me 7 mtrs one, storing the longer chains will be an issue.

If ne one have have the pics of Gurkha with the water upto 1/3rd of windshield, pls post it.
Do you want it with hooks attached or with just the eyes and shackles like mine?

No pics of the gurkha crossing. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
@Tejas - can you post some details of the gypsy?
It's an auction. Got an sms from a friend: "22 maruti gysy 413 engine. All 99/2000 model. Auction on 17th March."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post

Monstar is for sale. if anyone intrested..
If monstar is on sale, then don't post pics of the craziness!!

Here's one video from Mathew:

Old 9th March 2010, 14:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

its meant for that tejas, cant post a pic of gypsy on a drag strip
Old 9th March 2010, 14:20   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Devang,

Just spoke to mathew, he has a huge property at lonavla and his partner owns a earthmoving company. He can have JCBs and make whatever he wants. He's saying, let's come on sunday and see the property and suggest obstacles. He can make climbs, ruts, ditches, water crossings, slush, etc. Then he wants to hold an propah event with 30 odd jeeps, sponsors, etc.

What say?
Old 9th March 2010, 14:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

i will call you in eve, we will talk.
Old 9th March 2010, 15:12   #36
BHPian

WoW Guys That is some Real extreme off roading !!!
My respect for the Gurkha has just been reinforced Thanks Dr Mohan, I will PM you.

Cheers
Sunil
Old 9th March 2010, 15:46   #37
BHPian

@hisunil

My respect for the Gurkha is all the more doubled.

There is no vehicle of Indian make ,stock vehicle ,snorkel or no snorkel,diesel or otherwise which can ford through 1.5 metres of water and I am out to repeat the same this time with half the windshield down.

I am yet to know if anyone has forded through 1.5 metres of water and has his machine running to tow a gypsy for miles.

This time I will post the relevant videos and pics,dont worry.

Good I didnt get my Nissan ,although it's fordability is no less and its no less meaner machine.
Old 9th March 2010, 17:33   #38
BANNED

C'mon doc, you know any Jugaru can run circles around your claptrap Gurkha anyday, it was probably beginner's luck I am sure. Its IFS, not even in league with the serious boyz and their live axle toyz.
Old 9th March 2010, 17:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

1.5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post

There is no vehicle of Indian make ,stock vehicle ,snorkel or no snorkel,diesel or otherwise which can ford through 1.5 metres of water and I am out to repeat the same this time with half the windshield down.

I am yet to know if anyone has forded through 1.5 metres of water and has his machine running to tow a gypsy for miles.

Good I didnt get my Nissan ,although it's fordability is no less and its no less meaner machine.
Hi Doc,

1.5M surely will give the Trucks run for their money.

Unprepared most Trucks (Tatra/Kamaz/ALS/Kraz/Ural/Man) are suited for 1.2M.

Regards,

Arka

PS - This was a feat to be recorded on video.
Old 9th March 2010, 17:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
C'mon doc, you know any Jugaru can run circles around your claptrap Gurkha anyday, it was probably beginner's luck I am sure. Its IFS, not even in league with the serious boyz and their live axle toyz.
Welcome back Gurkha ! It seems you still haven't been able to come out of age old discussion yet.

Would love to see your comments on THAR thread, it has your fav- IFS with 4wd and yes it is not a Jugaru any more- a genuine Mahindra through out!

@Mohan- Kudos to you and your machine. I have my new found respect for Gurkha for its fording abilities. Please do share pics.
Old 9th March 2010, 19:54   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow and wow again. Nice suspense thriller made for reading. Hate the fact that I am in Delhi and cannot join the outing.
Old 9th March 2010, 20:40   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Post the ones you already have taken...

PS: Please check the dif oil for water contamination through the breather pipes.
Old 9th March 2010, 21:59   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Doc., I am in Mumbai on 26th March, driving down my fortuner (will let me write my ownership experience on it and above all pics). I would love to drive your Nissan and hopefully go through the same feat. Though I would have first crossed the river/lake by foot with a rope /life jacket and a big stick to check out. My first lesson given to me by Arka and in NIOC was always check the route first by foot. If you can do it then your vehicle should be able to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Welcome back Gurkha ! It seems you still haven't been able to come out of age old discussion yet.

Would love to see your comments on THAR thread, it has your fav- IFS with 4wd and yes it is not a Jugaru any more- a genuine Mahindra through out!

@Mohan- Kudos to you and your machine. I have my new found respect for Gurkha for its fording abilities. Please do share pics.
THAR is quite impressive. But @ 6.5 or something I feel it is too EXPENSIVE. With weight of 1700 kgs that would be another negative factor. With A/C and hard top thrown in it will get more heavier and might even go above Gurkha in terms of price if we talk of Diff. Locks as well as 12 free services with 3 yrs/3lakh kms warranty.

PS: Gurkha is suggesting Thar over brand new Gypsy, so this vehicle has already earned his rare respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Post the ones you already have taken...

PS: Please check the dif oil for water contamination through the breather pipes.
I guess he has to check every oil from transmission, engine, brake and best would be to replace them and grease all parts again after a thorough wash.
Old 9th March 2010, 22:23   #44
BHPian

@Tejas

Had it not been for your encouragement I wouldn't have dared to do this.
Old 9th March 2010, 22:54   #45
BHPian

@tejas,Rhandle

I did change the oils but I was wondering whether I really needed to it?

I talked with the FORCE engineers today in the evening and they told me that the vehicle has been tested at VRDE and has undergone fording tests in a specially made canal for hours without the need to change oils etc and hence no need to get the vehicle to the service centre.

After I came back from the OTR I washed my vehicle,removed the carpet etc. and my brother drove around another 500 kms without any issues.

Only when I received a suggestion that I must change oils ,I did ,got worried and phoned the FORCE engineers and got the above answer.
As my Gurkha is still in warranty I am not supposed to change oils on my own..... that I did.I hope Force dosen't learn this.

Last edited by mohan : 9th March 2010 at 23:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks