Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 19:06   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: EXAMM/AKC - A Passenger's report

BD Sir! You got this thread up again in the list. Time to revisit the Trail. Will plan something this year for good get together. Nothing on competition lines though.
pdev29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 19:15   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - happy fourth birthday EXAMM! Today is 25 June, the event was held outside Lonavla on 25 June 2010. I remember passing through every obstacle of EXAMM as if it happened yesterday! Full credit goes to all of you for giving me the wonderful memories of a lifetime! I wish the event and all of you, all the very best!

Dear Sharath - thank you for creating this wonderful thread on TeamBHP, for me it is priceless. I wish you all the best in life! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thanks BD! Those were the days. Was great fun organising EXAMM 1 and 2.

We're holding an event in the second week of September this year called The Mountain Rendezvous in lonavala. Mark the date. Hope to see you with another prototype this year.

Invitations for the event out soon.

This won't be competitive but a different experience altogether on a new private trail spread over nearly 1000acres (no typo - that's the land access we're just negotiating)
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 10:32   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

There are few offroad events in one's offroad timeline that you remember with a smile on your face and it brings back happy memories. AKC & EXAAM was one such event for me and a lot of other offroaders.

Would love to be part of another event like that.
khan_sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 10:34   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

PS: BD, it will be the fifth year not fourth! First EXAMM was 2010.

EDIT: At Khan it's because of people like you that offroad events are fun.

Those days before FB was active, we used to have so much interaction and learning here on team-bhp.

During EXAMM1 & 2 we knew nearly 95% of the attendees due to previous interactions on team-bhp. And it was such a pleasure to match names and faces to handles.

But, nowadays with FB, and event invites, the number has come down to 70% probably.

We hope to recreate that magic

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 30th June 2015 at 10:37. Reason: see edit
Old 30th June 2015, 12:34   #125
AVR
BHPian

Agree with others...one helluva memorable trip this!
My first OTR, my first exposure to the beautiful Western Ghats and a few other things

Looking forward to visiting this part of the world this year!

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 20:41   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Thanks BD! Those were the days. Was great fun organising EXAMM 1 and 2. We're holding an event in the second week of September this year called The Mountain Rendezvous in Lonavala. Mark the date. Hope to see you with another prototype this year.
Dear Tejas - yes, I know that I did not post on 25 June 2015 which was the 5th birthday of EXAMM / AKC! I have not forgotten 25 June 2010. I have not forgotten the sheer vertical drop where Sharath came slithering down, the slush at the bottom which I conquered , and I have also not forgotten the exhilarating absolutely flat-out drive on tarmac from the end of the last dirt down towards INS Shivaji with a certain dark blue gypsy not able to keep up, let alone catch or overtake! .

Let's recreate that magic!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:12   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Tejas - yes, I know that I did not post on 25 June 2015 which was the 5th birthday of EXAMM / AKC! I have not forgotten 25 June 2010. I have not forgotten the sheer vertical drop where Sharath came slithering down, the slush at the bottom which I conquered , and I have also not forgotten the exhilarating absolutely flat-out drive on tarmac from the end of the last dirt down towards INS Shivaji with a certain dark blue gypsy not able to keep up, let alone catch or overtake! .

Let's recreate that magic!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
good fun behram that was...lets recreate the fun....but in the race down hill this time i start before you.

will keep you updated and see you soon for a nice offroading meet
xtreme power is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed