Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 12:53   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubiker View Post
Khan saab, please come to Taprobana Challenge in Srilanka during October 15 to 23. Then, you may decide if we need to be placed 8th or 28th...
What is the meaning of this????to know the results of TPC SK has to travel to srilanka!!!!!!!!

Raj
Old 18th August 2010, 12:56   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Almost 5 pages over and still waiting for the reports, can we have some reports please? I suggest these discussions be carried to the other thread:- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post2032095

Spike
He he. anyway, let's get the reports going now.

Or maybe, let's cancel all the results & have TPC re-run again in 2 weeks time . What say?? Maybe you folks can bring the THAR also there..

But REALLY, I like the terrain. I would love to do with without this TPC stuff. I think there are 10 times more challenging obstacles worth trying there. Would for sure go there with the Chennai gang.

I think the Chennai gang can have just a event (not competition) in winter and for sure we will come from Bangalore

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th August 2010 at 13:01.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:17   #78
BHPian

Arka, the blue teams where given a choice. whether we wait for rain to stop or if we wish to continue, we can. at this point driver and co-driver both had to walk down out of the vehicle for briefing. initially we said we wil wait, but later we felt its all part of the challenge for both men and the machine. we are not sissies who had come for a picnic. if we opted to wait and wasted our time just because the Marshall gave us the option then we are not fit for such challenge and should have backed off. what i heard was someone from indo-Lanka team was not feeling well. so i feel sympathies should not come into the picture when it is a competition.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

Stopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Arka, the blue teams where given a choice. whether we wait for rain to stop or if we wish to continue, we can. at this point driver and co-driver both had to walk down out of the vehicle for briefing. initially we said we wil wait, but later we felt its all part of the challenge for both men and the machine. we are not sissies who had come for a picnic. if we opted to wait and wasted our time just because the Marshall gave us the option then we are not fit for such challenge and should have backed off. what i heard was someone from indo-Lanka team was not feeling well. so i feel sympathies should not come into the picture when it is a competition.
Hi Vijay,

While the Blue Teams were given a choice, the Red 2 & Red 4 were STOPPED by Deep, manning SS4, despite them wanting to continue.

The Indo-Lankan team had a member who was suffering from mild heat exhaustion, but was adequately rested between SS6 & SS5.

Regards
Old 18th August 2010, 13:34   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Jaggu, please suggest in your opinion how the prizes could been done?
Arre! did you see the excel image i put some posts bacK? it has all details

Quote:
Doc, we need to take Jaggu hunting
Lol headers what hunting are you planning??

Quote:
1. Things change at Palar within a few hours!~

2. We left camp at 545 AM last year !!

3. You are smart to NOT remove the camera out of the Bag
1) Things changed in couple of minutes at AKC, so! But we have a blast and trust me the nature was in better competition spirit there.

2) What's the point, to finish everything? I saw better obstacles placed closer in diff SS, that definitely would have made TPC challenging. Instead of just driving around, i atleast was totally bored on first days and gyspsy's were also having a cake walk.

3) Am not, atleast i would have enjoyed something and given some good shots of you guys for the report!

Quote:
Guys, maybe we should start a thread to make TPC better..what say?
This is THAT thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
why have so many rules arka, when u cant inforce them
or were you guys not convinced about the rules yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Or maybe, let's cancel all the results & have TPC re-run again in 2 weeks time . What say?? Maybe you folks can bring the THAR also there..

But REALLY, I like the terrain. I would love to do with without this TPC stuff. I think there are 10 times more challenging obstacles worth trying there. Would for sure go there with the Chennai gang.

I think the Chennai gang can have just a event (not competition) in winter and for sure we will come from Bangalore
+100000000000 we did all sisy stuff, i wanted to do some stuff but marshalls always shooed me away

Oh Thar would have really kicked everybody's butt, not joking. Ask K_S i told him that 99% of the times!
Old 18th August 2010, 13:39   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Arka, on a serious note, why don't you guys put the score sheets (with arrival time, start time, finish times. ) here to see if the teams were actually within that 5 hour total drive time limit and if that rule has been followed.

BTW, has the 5 hour total drive time limit rule been followed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
We have 198 Score Cards (18X11) all filled in and signed by the Competitors, if anyone wishes to see the score cards we can send him a photocopy. Please PM e for details
Instead of a photocopy, you could scan them and put it as a zip file here. Why don't you put the details here in public for the benefit of all to see for themselves. I hope there is nothing to hide there. right??
Old 18th August 2010, 14:06   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Khan Saab, would love to participate in such an event, provided there is no scoring LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Oh Thar would have really kicked everybody's butt, not joking. Ask K_S i told him that 99% of the times!
Jaggu bhai, thats good news, I didn't know that. Hopefully, by next TPC you won't have to wait for us to come with the Thar. You will see plenty otherwise. On a serious note it feels great to hear such comments from seasoned campaigners like you :-)

Spike
Old 18th August 2010, 14:07   #83
Senior - BHPian

5 or 6 hrs

Quote:
Arka, on a serious note, why don't you guys put the score sheets (with arrival time, start time, finish times. ) here to see if the teams were actually within that 5 hour total drive time limit and if that rule has been followed.

BTW, has the 5 hour total drive time limit rule been followed??

Instead of a photocopy, you could scan them and put it as a zip file here. Why don't you put the details here in public for the benefit of all to see for themselves. I hope there is nothing to hide there. right??

Hi Shahnawaz,

The 6hrs Rule was announced but was not strictly adhered otherwise why would teams be competing and driving well after 1700hrs on both Day#1 & Day#2.

The Arrival, Start & Finish Time for each SS has been noted and they will only be considered when there is Tie. The Timing is used as a tie-breaker and not the main criteria for scoring.

wrt to Score Cards, we can send you the xerox copies, and you can scan and score them as you wish, at your cost.

I have nothing to hide, but what are to trying to show?

Regards,

Arka
Old 18th August 2010, 14:13   #84
Senior - BHPian

Ot

Quote:
Khan Saab, would love to participate in such an event, provided there is no scoring LOL!

Jaggu bhai, thats good news, I didn't know that. Hopefully, by next TPC you won't have to wait for us to come with the Thar. You will see plenty otherwise. On a serious note it feels great to hear such comments from seasoned campaigners like you :-)

Spike

Spikey..I am still in action and think otherwise! First let the vehicle come out..
Old 18th August 2010, 14:21   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
...The 6hrs Rule was announced but was not strictly adhered
Then why have a rule which you did not implement or had no intention to implement.

Quote:
otherwise why would teams be competing and driving well after 1700hrs on both Day#1 & Day#2.
That's for you folks to answer. why were teams allowed to drive after the cut off time ...!!!! AFAIK, our team had finished ALL the SS's on day 1 by 1615hrs

Quote:
The Arrival, Start & Finish Time for each SS has been noted and they will only be considered when there is Tie. The Timing is used as a tie-breaker and not the main criteria for scoring.
Well, this will for sure help calculate the 5/6 hour rule. But it looks like you folks don't want to follow the same rules that you had told us

Quote:
wrt to Score Cards, we can send you the xerox copies, and you can scan and score them as you wish, at your cost.
Sure. do send the score cards across. I will PM you the postal address.

Quote:
I have nothing to hide...
I think it is very very obvious by now for everyone to see .

Quote:
, but what are to trying to show?
If you call it a 'competition' then better run it like one. Handle it like a professional. Don't ruin the experience of the participants with your fancy rules that you 'selectively' apply which then 'favor' certain teams for reasons best known to you.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th August 2010 at 14:26. Reason: Fixing quotes
Old 18th August 2010, 14:25   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

2) What's the point, to finish everything? I saw better obstacles placed closer in diff SS, that definitely would have made TPC challenging. Instead of just driving around, i atleast was totally bored on first days and gyspsy's were also having a cake walk.
But what about the second day Jaggu? I heard Spidey's lockers got busted on Arka's SS. Plus one vehicle was out anyway on first day.

The travel run was also a part of the competition.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:26   #87
BHPian

Quote:
He he. anyway, let's get the reports going now.

+1 for that. I would love to join. Couldnt come for TPC this year but an event there would be fantastic.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:34   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Spike
Yes spike am no expert but whatever lil i know of the vehicle and what i have observed, the terrain required lot of power and moderate torque. A good set of tires to increase the break over/gc, completely deflated and a brand new vehicle means it will just smoke the competitions.

A brand new gypsy or a Thar, after run in with a good tyre set is all that is required. We were lil confused with the recce reports and all and got a scare when Spidey just refused to move, as soon as we touched the sand. Mind you we have never driven Spidey on sand. I jumped out and deflated the tyres and then i saw that free wheeling hubs were not engaged!!! (this is a normal happening for us and everytime we remind ourselves, this time also on the way me and Khan reminded each other)

After this Khan just blasted off, while i stood there helping others deflate in that sun lol it was a sight to see.

Quote:
Spikey..I am still in action and think otherwise!
Don't be we have seen it in action, though it was in stress test mode, but yes what you need is an agile, and powerful vehicle which has good parts and a factory release is just perfect. Sit in AC and enjoy the trail!
Old 18th August 2010, 14:37   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
But what about the second day Jaggu? I heard Spidey's lockers got busted on Arka's SS. Plus one vehicle was out anyway on first day.
Boss, the lockers had got busted long before and I did a major part of TPC with a busted locker. Such was our enthu & commitment towards TPC. Anyway we were out of competition on Day 1, SS3 itself. No issues with that. We screwed up big time with our vehicles & (Red3) does not deserve ANY award. Fair & Square. No complaints about that.

Quote:
The travel run was also a part of the competition.
Really??? Looks like for sure it was not the case for some of the teams that took more time in 'travel run' rather than doing the SS's.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:47   #90
Senior - BHPian

Day#1 SS6 part 1

Hi Guys,

Pics of my Special Stage on Day#1.

It was a Sequence of 4 Climbs with rutted run up.

The First Team to complete this SS was Red 1 from Chennai.

Regards,

Arka
Attached Thumbnails
TPC2010 -Event Report-dscn0529.jpg  

TPC2010 -Event Report-dscn0531.jpg  

TPC2010 -Event Report-dscn0532.jpg  

TPC2010 -Event Report-dscn0533.jpg  

TPC2010 -Event Report-dscn0534.jpg  

TPC2010 -Event Report-dscn0535.jpg  

TPC2010 -Event Report-dscn0536.jpg  

TPC2010 -Event Report-dscn0538.jpg  

TPC2010 -Event Report-dscn0540.jpg