Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2011, 12:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes

@KMT, Thank You. BeeMog is 1982 Model, and DeeMog is 1986, it was summers and we enjoyed the freezing cold winds specially on Burzil Pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Thanks for sharing these amazing photographs (both the machines & the landscape).
The mogs have been restored really well, how old are they?

Your pals seem to be handing the icy conditions in the back of an open mog pretty well.
@gsferrari, Thank You Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Awesome pictures of real conifer woodland and of course the 'mogs. I wonder why we can't get our hands on Stallions. Surely they must be on the chopping block by now!
Old 13th January 2011, 12:28   #17
BHPian

DeeMog's Profile!

DeeMog is nick of UNIMOG owned by Mr. Adeel Khalid, he acquired this machine in Nov/Dec 2008 from Military Auction. It was in fairly good condition & low mileage since this was Ambulance variant 421.129 U600 L, later on it went under detailed bottom up restoration, all major items were re-built, all bearings were replaced, gearbox got the new sync, new set of wirings, all rubber items & the list goes on. Then it entered the evolution period, DeeMog started its 4x4 career on a mud rally and represented IJC without rear bed & Adeel kept on upgrading this mongster and he has transformed this into the hottest 4x4 we have in our region. Sharing few pictures of this Head turner:

Last upgrade before leaving for Butogah was new Orange Hood and Recaros in the rear bed to accommodate the passengers with comfort!
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-1-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-2-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-3-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-4-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-5-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-6-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-7-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-8-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-9-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-10-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Basharatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2011, 12:37   #18
BHPian

Following are more pictures of DeeMog's Intro, honestly this intro was just a summary, we almost have prepared a resto manual by documenting all the detailing done on these machines.

Regards
Basharat
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-11-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-12-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-13-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-14-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-15-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-16-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-17-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-19-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-20-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-21-deemog-basharat.jpg  

Old 13th January 2011, 12:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

You have Jimny's officially available in Pakistan or are these imports? If they are being sold there what is the price?

Also in the pic with the white Jimny - what was the situation? Which vehicle was the puller and which was the pullee?

Last edited by gsferrari : 13th January 2011 at 12:54.
gsferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2011, 13:00   #20
BHPian

Jimny is available from Suzuki but they are probably assembled in Japan unlike Swift & Alto. Priced just under Rupees 2M, it was 18lakh when I checked last Time. This white Jimny is direct import from Japan (2nd Hand) with 660cc engine. Its on River Ravi, and Jimny's driver couldnt control his excitement by looking at the mog swimming around so it got stuck and pulled by Mog. DeeMog is also our recovery vehicle on 4x4 events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
You have Jimny's officially available in Pakistan or are these imports? If they are being sold there what is the price?

Also in the pic with the white Jimny - what was the situation? Which vehicle was the puller and which was the pullee?
@anujmishra, thank you. Jay Ho was picked from Slumdog & we added it to ur G Terms code of Conduct, you will get familiar with few other terms as soon other G4 members join inn. (G4 is our group of 4 Adeel, Myself, Rao & Kashif). Adeel (DeeMog) has joined Team BHP and I am expecting the other 2 to join as well, Rao (Montero/Pajero - ride Nick Toora Boora, used for toor phoor), Kashif (CJ-7)) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Fantastic and attractive offroader you guys have. IMHO This is real offroader than small jeeps. You guys have went to wonderful trip that many of us just only aspire. Hats Off to you all guys.

I found that in of your mogs (yellow colored wheel one) you have written "Jai Ho". Was it inspired by "Slumdog Millionaire" movie song?

Can't wait for pics, logs of your travel. Do post as soon as possible.

Last edited by Dippy : 13th February 2011 at 03:24. Reason: back to back posts. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 27th January 2011, 18:25   #21
BHPian

Great lead in to what is a great adventure! Amazing info on vehicles which are rarely seen in India.
rmonie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2011, 14:09   #22
BHPian

My first reply at Team-BHP.

"Every moment is a treasure.
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystry. but today is a Gift, thats why we call it the Present"

One life live it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basharatu View Post
[FONT=&quot]Dear BHPians, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am sharing the story of 2 UNIMOGs carrying a team of 12 had most thrilling and adventurous drive of the lifetime. By passing through the 4 highest motorable passes of Pakistan (4000 Meters +). I will do more research to see where does they fall, however all of us are well aware that Himalayas & Karakorum are the rages of highest peaks & passes & Top 3 are probably in Tibet & Ladakh. Another unique achievement of the Team Unimog was that DeeMog & BeeMog were the 1st Unimogs which have visited Shoesar Lake Deosai (13600ft), the 1st mog through Burzil pass (13500ft), Butogah Pass (14200ft) and 1st again on Babusar Pass (13700ft), we are waiting for Iian from Australia to equal this record on his UNIMOG camper being prepared for the mog excursion round the globe. Both these machines are completely stock in terms of engine, transmission & differentials, BeeMog - Greenish Blue mog being restored by myself & DeeMog - Black unimog with orange top by Mr. Adeel the person responsible for UNIMOG affairs in Pakistan! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We were averaging a 15hrs drive/day covering 1700KM in 7 days and quarter of that mileage was off-road in low revs pulling the Team towards high altitude to breathe some light air . We descended approximately 6000 feet from Burzil Pass to Minimerg in less than 10KMs (The Burzil Pass (elv. 4,100 m (13,500 ft)) is an ancient pass and caravan route between Srinagar in Kashmir and Gilgit (I will share the pictures of first car on Burzil on this thread). It was the trust on mog’s pulling power which kept us moving. I wouldn’t bore you guys with further details on initial write-up, so will start with the pictures and will be sharing details with them![/FONT]
DeeDee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2011, 17:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Fantastic and attractive offroader you guys have. IMHO This is real offroader than small jeeps. You guys have went to wonderful trip that many of us just only aspire. Hats Off to you all guys.

I found that in of your mogs (yellow colored wheel one) you have written "Jai Ho". Was it inspired by "Slumdog Millionaire" movie song?

Can't wait for pics, logs of your travel. Do post as soon as possible.
Thanks anujmishra for such nice comments, really appreciate. the whole Team is crazy about Mogging but you are right its hard to get away and break chains that we ourselves had put on us. Life is short lets live it to the fullest that i have learned and this was the main reason behind shortlisting Unimog as my first 4x4 project and a Punga of life as well but in end what what a joyful ride. shes a dream machine that takes me every where, can take the beating of harshest terrain and weather and a life saver as well

Jayho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Great lead in to what is a great adventure! Amazing info on vehicles which are rarely seen in India.
hope some day we off road together "aman ki aasha" or something like that and i will give you a ride in my Mog
Old 14th February 2011, 10:57   #24
BHPian

@DeeDee Aka Adeel Khalid, Welcome to Team-Bhp, time to resume to Show!

@All 4x4 enthusiast, Mr. DeeDee is the guy behind the black Unimog & my partner in crime for taking mogs to there limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
Thanks anujmishra for such nice comments, really appreciate. the whole Team is crazy about Mogging but you are right its hard to get away and break chains that we ourselves had put on us. Life is short lets live it to the fullest that i have learned and this was the main reason behind shortlisting Unimog as my first 4x4 project and a Punga of life as well but in end what what a joyful ride. shes a dream machine that takes me every where, can take the beating of harshest terrain and weather and a life saver as well

Jayho!

hope some day we off road together "aman ki aasha" or something like that and i will give you a ride in my Mog
Old 14th February 2011, 11:23   #25
BHPian

We left Isloo around 11:30 PM (almost midnight) & our Target was to reach Jalkhad. We used the following track route:

Day 1:-
Isloo - Taxila - KKH - Abbotabad - Mansehra - Balakot - Kewai - Paras - Kaghan - Naran - Jalkhad

Driving till Abbotabad was very critical for the upcoming trip, this was the time when roads were empty and Mogs were going though the basic fitness & performance test . We refueled the mogs from there to double check if our estimates of keeping amount of liters in spares are correct, and next refueling stop was Balakot. How many KM we did till there and liters we put are in the log book which is probably with @DeeDee.
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-17.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-18.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-19.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-20.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-24.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 20:43   #26
BHPian

thanks Basharatu. here are pictures enroute to Naran, had breakfast in Balakot, gas cylinder refilled.
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-52.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-53.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-55.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-56.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-57.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-58.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 20:48   #27
BHPian

jays enjoyed the ride of tarmac road.
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-59.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-60.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-61.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-62.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 20:56   #28
BHPian

and we reached Naran @ 10:00, spend few hours in site seeing, had lunch and haded to Jalkhad (our first night stay). we had almost done 300km and another 50km till day one destination.

Lets go Jayhooooo!
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-66.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-68.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-69.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-71.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-72.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-73.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-76.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-78.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 21:00   #29
BHPian

enroute to Jalkhad.

Happy Jays
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-80.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-81.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-82.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-83.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-84.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-85.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-86.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-87.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 21:09   #30
BHPian

more pictures en-route Jalkhad. seeing is believing, dont have words to explain my feeling while mogging through these scenic area. Basharatu please do the commentary here
Attached Thumbnails
Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-95.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-96.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-97.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-92.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-94.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-93.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-100.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-88.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-89.jpg  

Team UNIMOG at Elevation 14200ft–via Babusar-Sheosar–Burzil–Butogah Passes-90.jpg  

DeeDee is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks