Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:39   #1

Tata Telcoline 4x4 fitness certificate expiring | Will a reduced number of seats affect the renewal?

As I have mentioned on this forum before, I have a TL 4x4 I bought in early 2008, first hand back when I was living in India/Pune for a short while (about a year).

I think it is registered as a 8+1 or 10+1 seater (I don't remember, how many people the jump seats on the load platform supposed to carry. Anyway in last 14.5years I have misplaced (or rather lost) somewhere the original canopy and the jump seats (I think I repurposed them for a Gypsy). I don't know what happened to the canopy.

Now the question is for FC I will have to revert the vehicle to how many ever seater it was? So will I have to now build myself a soft-top and seats? It is a MH12 registration vehicle. Anyone has gone through a FC process for a crew-cab pickup like this one which was registered as more than 5 seater?
Ronnie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 07:02   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Telcoline 4x4 fitness certificate expiring | Will a reduced number of seats affect the renewal?

You can reduce seats, but not increase. The TL is officially a 11 seater: 1+1+3 and 3+3 at the back. You can remove the seats from the back, and still get the FC. I think I have mentioned in your other thread that you need to get the basic parameters in place rather than the other aspects - color not faded, emission, insurance, all electricals working including wipers, Chassis & Engine numbers unchanged. Also to be safe, not to have any extra fittings that will alter the dimensions of your vehicle - stuff like aftermarket fairing kits etc.

The Gypsy is a 8 seater, but many a Gypsy goes for a FC renewal without the rear bench seats.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd September 2022 at 09:11. Reason: As requested.
condor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:15   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Telcoline 4x4 fitness certificate expiring | Will a reduced number of seats affect the rene

To know more about the process of renewing the fitness certificate, click here (Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think). As Condor said, your vehicle has to fundamentally be in good shape.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Telcoline 4x4 fitness certificate expiring | Will a reduced number of seats affect the rene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post

Now the question is for FC I will have to revert the vehicle to how many ever seater it was? So will I have to now build myself a soft-top and seats? It is a MH12 registration vehicle. Anyone has gone through a FC process for a crew-cab pickup like this one which was registered as more than 5 seater?
No, remove all additional fittings, lights, bars, wide tyres etc. all lights, indicators, wipers etc should be functional , no sun film and most importantly a GOOD RTO AGENT and you are sorted.
I or someone from my friend circle have been getting the repassing done from MH12 and MH14 almost another month. If the vehicle is stock and functional, you are sorted.
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 15:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
No, remove all additional fittings, lights, bars, wide tyres etc. all lights, indicators, wipers etc should be functional , no sun film and most importantly a GOOD RTO AGENT and you are sorted.
I or someone from my friend circle have been getting the repassing done from MH12 and MH14 almost another month. If the vehicle is stock and functional, you are sorted.
Do you have an RTO Agent to recommend for MH12? Thanks. May be PM me? I don’t know the forum rules about this.
Old 27th September 2022, 06:18   #6
BANNED

I got my 15 year old SX4's fitness test done just last month, it's best if you hire a RTO agent, he will take care of everything.
My car's high mount stop lamp wasn't working, got it replaced, repaired and repainted the rear bumper and removed all the accessories. But the officer didn't even check the vehicle!
He just shaded the outline of the chassis number on a piece of paper, that's it. Rest all of the paper work was taken care by the agent.
He strictly instructed us NOT TO GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE, just keep moving in front. I got my RC book 2 weeks ago. I was charged Rs. 7,000

Owners who visit the RTO without any agent face difficulties. Their vehicle is checked thoroughly, and if they find anything not working, they send you back to fix it or reject the vehicle. Also all the paper work the owner himself has to get it done.
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks