Team-BHP - My new Project. A teeny tiny Nissan truck! The 4W73
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   My new Project. A teeny tiny Nissan truck! The 4W73 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/114700-my-new-project-teeny-tiny-nissan-truck-4w73.html)

I had decided to get myself a Nissan 4W73 after my good friend Arka picked up one and have been waiting for a good condition vehicle to come my way. Finally I decided on one that I liked, bid on it and won after a fairly expensive process. However, I'm not complaining as the vehicle is in pretty decent shape and work is minimal.
After my agent took delivery, we waited till the paperwork was completed and then I took delivery yesterday in Chennai, lifted it onto a truck and un-loaded it at Madurai this morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyobeb (Post 2657122)
I had decided to get myself a Nissan 4W73 after my good friend Arka picked up one and have been waiting for a good condition vehicle to come my way. Finally I decided on one that I liked, bid on it and won after a fairly expensive process. However, I'm not complaining as the vehicle is in pretty decent shape and work is minimal.
After my agent took delivery, we waited till the paperwork was completed and then I took delivery yesterday in Chennai, lifted it onto a truck and un-loaded it at Madurai this morning.

Hi jyodeb,
Your truck looks in real good shape with minimal rust and dents. I have to say that you are lucky.
Congratulations on your acquisition!!

Which model year is this and how much did you pay for it.

Plate says "76, RC book says 1995!!!:)
Price was a bit over 2 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyobeb (Post 2657152)
Plate says "76, RC book says 1995!!!:)
Price was a bit over 2 lakhs.

Congrats sir, this is not fair, you want to finish us small time Jeep boys with this monster ?

What mods in the pipe line , i smell 4bt .

Wow !!! Another Nissan. Cool. Congrats jyobeb.

How much did the trucking to Madurai cost ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 2657169)
How much did the trucking to Madurai cost ?

9.5K. I decided to truck it rather than drive in as I was alone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenstein (Post 2657166)
Congrats sir, this is not fair, you want to finish us small time Jeep boys with this monster ?

What mods in the pipe line , i smell 4bt .

Thanks Sandeep! I feel the 4BT is too noisy. I am considering a Toyota 14BT. Will that be enough or should I go for a Hino W04D turbo?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Quote:

I took delivery yesterday in Chennai, lifted it onto a truck and un-loaded it at Madurai this morning.

Congratulations !!
How did you unload it ? Any pictures while unloading ?

It was loaded and unloaded using a crane. Surprisingly only 15 minutes to load and 15 minutes to un-load!!
No pictures sorry.

Awesome, the bigger question on my mind is How will it look once you are done with the rebuild? Would be interesting to watch this space.

It will be fun to drive this around, going to office on one of these :). Why dont you target one of the Team BHP meets to show this thing around maybe next year in 2013. Congratulations and Best in the rebuilding effort.

Nice pictures. Do share some pics of the interiors. I am sure its a 4X4 right. Hooked on to your thread.

aah! the 1Ton as it is known in the military. have some fond and some not so fond memories of it. i've traveled to school in this and sometimes when injured, traveled in the ambulance version to the MI room :)

do post more pictures.

Congratulations on the fabulous purchase.

I am already dreaming of what this would look like once rebuilt, good luck & hopefully we can get to see some pictures of WIP soon.

Drive safe.

Congrats on a nice find, I still don't get the prices these days for such vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyobeb (Post 2657182)
Thanks Sandeep! I feel the 4BT is too noisy. I am considering a Toyota 14BT. Will that be enough or should I go for a Hino W04D turbo?

14 BT is enough for the 1 ton, but power is never enough:D. I belive both the engines in turbo format produce same BHP, the torque is little higher in the Hino.

This is a job I will be closely looking, one of my dreams.

Quote:

I had decided to get myself a Nissan 4W73 .

This was my school bus for years and years. My dad was in the army and it was either this or the Shakthiman truck to drop the colony kids to school and back.

Jyobeb,

Congratulations !

Arka and you are the only 1 tonner 's.

Its beautiful and in great shape.

Why not transform it into a modern yet retro hybrid monster?
Huge mechanical upgrades but maintain the same retro original looks.

Looking forward to the metamorphosis in the coming days-months.

Try a brand new Allwyn-Nissan, its a brute.

Regards,