Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2023, 03:46   #76
BHPian

Re: Wickedly Radical - Mahindra Bolero Build

Your collection list looks perfect for the project. Just wanted to have a little more inputs on the divorce transfer case you have finalized and the installation process for the gearbox. And the PTO shaft how it has been managed ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
It's been a long time searching for a 4wd bolero. I even tried to buy a new 4wd bolero but had a bad experience hence I thought of building myself one.
You may say I am crazy yes but what makes you crazy is when you buy one new 2wd and you come to know that the 4wd was available with the company, and you get guys telling you that there are around 3 boleros 4wd for sale in the second-hand market too.
OK its all settled I sell off the new bolero and everythings gone no new no old.
Now I pick up a lx 2wd 2004 model and about to start work and again there are about 4 Boleros all 4wd for sale up again
Now thats it I have made up my mind on the conversion so no looking back now.

P.S:- Guys please dont advice me not to go ahead with the conversion as I have made up my mind and you are going to waste your time.

Got a 2004 lx 2wd bolero going to convert it to a 4wd.
Parts that I have collected till date the most priced an open knuckle differential of the bolero, a 4wd divorced transfer case with PTO (i think its off a tata 407), a borg warner manual shift transfer case with adaptor, and tyres 245/75-16 maxxiss bighorns 764 (thanks Subendhra)and steel army NGCS rims 160pcd 5.5j 16'' (thanks Sudarshan).

Its gonna be a slow thread as I have yet to get some more things sorted and more parts picked up and fabricated.
Now for some pics
Old 4th August 2023, 12:10   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekdewanta View Post
Your collection list looks perfect for the project. Just wanted to have a little more inputs on the divorce transfer case you have finalized and the installation process for the gearbox. And the PTO shaft how it has been managed ?
You can try Gypsy's transfer case which is divorced actually in your Bolero 1.5L.
MB4DI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 15:34   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Mod Note: There are several language, spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB4DI View Post
You can try Gypsy's transfer case which is divorced actually in your Bolero 1.5L.
I'm not trying to make a 4wd but a PTO for the farm Jeep. Where I can connect multiple purpose machines like water power mowers, water pumps, compressors, and other farm equipment.
Old 29th March 2024, 23:42   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not trying to make a 4wd but a PTO for the farm Jeep. Where I can connect multiple purpose machines like water power mowers, water pumps, compressors, and other farm equipment.
Hi Vivek,

Looks like in this video (already downloaded it) you are just showing off your 2WD Bolero BS6 as 4WD by just putting a electric shifter knob switch on the center console.

Which GB, front axle configuration ?. What was this all about.

Regards,
MB4DI
Attached Thumbnails
Wickedly Radical - Mahindra Bolero Build-screenshot_20240329_234337_youtube.jpg  

Last edited by MB4DI : 30th March 2024 at 00:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks