Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 19:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Becoming Asia's first certified I4WDTA trainer - My story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

It's still a learning curve and i acknowledge that i still don't know everything and the learning never stops, but i will share what ever knowledge that i have gained.

[/b]
Tejas Bhai,
Congratulations. Must admit, it needs determination (because we get stuck in our lives and priorities and it remains as a distant dream) to accomplish what you have achieved.
If i may suggest, next step would be to how to spread knowledge you gained during your program and how to make offroading as safe as possible. Why i emphasized on saftey, because i have seen callous approach of people towards offroading as the biggest roadblock.
May be organize more sessions (as you did in Thane) in different regions of India.
All the best !

Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 20:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations brother!

Hope you make more of yours among prospective members who are yearning to become one.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 06:46   #48
BHPian

Well done Dr. Tejas. Hats off to you on this achievement. Your enthusiasm for off roading is amazing. This may well be the first step in bringing a proffesional approach to off-roading in India. Are you now qualified to run this course in India?
Regards,
Ashok
ashphil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:35   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
This is awesome Tejas! Congrats !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post

I think this thread also certifies you as quite the Offroad Junkie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Congrats Doc.
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Fantastic achievement. Hat Tip

An awesome thread you have complied. Now that you are certified as a trainer, can you conduct official I4WDTA training sessions in India? Or just non-branded training?
Thank you. I'm just a certified trainer. I4WDTA does not impart offroad training in general, it just certifies the teachers. Eg: the Medical Council of India will certify doctors but not prescribe medications as a separate entity. Similarly I4WDTA certifies trainers. We as certified trainers carry the logo with great responsibility. Thus, training will be carried out as our own company but the certificate can carry the official I4WDTA logo saying that the participant got training from a recognised trainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Kudos to you, Tejas. It must have been an amazing experience!

Now that you are a certified trainer, it's time to start the Offroad Junkies' Academy!

Just curious - how much of your off-roading knowledge and experience (acquired back at home) did you have to consciously *UNlearn* while you went through this training programme?
Thanks. Frankly, nope. Nothing to unlearn at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Big Congrats Tejas , that is some achievement to be.

Also my compliments for the hard field work you did for that.

Hope to learn more from your experience.

Sudarshan
Thank you. I too have much to learn from your DIY skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Heck of a report, heck of an achievement! Congratulations Tejas

Immensely proud of you for taking your passion to an entirely different level altogether. Hard to believe you'd bought your first 4x4 merely a handful of years back.

I'm certain you have bigger things lined up for yourself in the field of offroading. You are talented, passionate, organised and an excellent orator; just what the doc asked for.

Heartfelt congrats again.
Thank you. It's you guys and team-bhp that have played a big part in where i am today.

PS: First one was the Gypsy in '98.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Tejas Bhai,
Congratulations...
May be organize more sessions (as you did in Thane) in different regions of India.
Thanks. Yes, that's the plan to organise more and more sessions everywhere.
Paritosh did speak to me about holding a workshop in Pune, but then didn't revert to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Congratulations brother!

Hope you make more of yours among prospective members who are yearning to become one.
Thanks. In fact i got word last night from Dirk and Chris that they got a lot of enquiries from India after this thread went live. They were very happy with the thread and the response and they are looking forward to holding an exam in India if the numbers do add up.

Anyone interested can ask me for contact details or get in touch with them directly through their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashphil View Post
Well done Dr. Tejas. Hats off to you on this achievement. Your enthusiasm for off roading is amazing. This may well be the first step in bringing a proffesional approach to off-roading in India. Are you now qualified to run this course in India?
Regards,
Ashok
Thanks. I'm qualified to judge events and stuff but to examine potential trainers is for the I4WDTA board of directors to decide though it's too early yet. But probably someday for sure.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

Way to go mate, congratulations for your excellent effort. It does take a MAN to follow up on his dreams and passions and lucky are the ones who manage to do so. It should be a proud moment not only for yourself but for us as well that we are fortunate to have you among us for guidance and help. Cheers mate.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:48   #51
BHPian

Congratulations on getting certified and again, congratulations for topping the written test! Gives us so much pleasure and inspiration to see someone getting fruitful results after chasing their dreams!

Congrats once again Dr. Tejas!
LP640 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:12   #52
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Tejas!

A wonderful thread that encapsulates what it takes to polish one's skills and get such a certification.

It would be a good idea to do offroad training camps in major cities - not just for the Jeeps and Gypsys, but also the LWD stock 4x4s. The Fortuner camps were too basic, would be great to do a 2 day camp where one learns and practices more advanced stuff. I would sign up in a heartbeat.

Another topic you might want to cover in your courses - what it takes to maintain a vehicle after offroading sessions. E.g. what all elements to check, clean, lubricate etc. Our ASCs have very little clue about this.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 16:03   #53
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Tejas!

Although many of us do continuous education as part of our profession, it is rare to see someone do CE in a field so different. Hats off on your perseverance and hard work.

Learned something useful just reading your experience, the paracord. I might adopt that in future.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 18:56   #54
BHPian

Tejas

Congratulations on this achievement and to think of it you were introduced into this just a couple of years ago.

One proud moment to see the tricolor (that too on 2 Oct) right in the middle.

Very happy to read this report. Inspiring to read and think about the passion you would have had. And to think of it all of us have different priorities in life and time pressures. But the passion with which you followed your dreams is a different league.

Congratulations indeed.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 22:38   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Tejas, this IS a great achievement ! Next time you are in München, let me know, it would be great to meet up with Indias only certified 4wd trainer.
Viel Glück
Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:20   #56
BANNED

Quote:

Thank you. I too have much to learn from your DIY skills.
ohh , I really doubt if I am in some position to " teach " you anything. The correct word is sharing . Its totally a self learning process.

But its mostly the need that will guide you in the self learning process & its also the "Urge" that will take you there.

Believe me if anyone thinks he can get it done by others & with the use of money, that fella is completely unfit for the DIY process.

And as you have rightly said , the Learning never stops .

Best of luck for future plans, but please do not let the commercial part take over more than necessary, it ruins good things in life.

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 12:35   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Tejas on taking it to the next level. This is a great achievement.
beejay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 14:16   #58
BHPian

Congratulations Dr. Tejas. Your Achievement displays the amount of determination you must be having. I have very less/negligible idea about off-roading, but never miss a Chance to read the OTR experiences you & other fellow Bhpians share.

I am also glad that you represented TBHP there as well, as you had sent them some links of the same. Proud.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 16:45   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Way to go mate, congratulations for your excellent effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
Congratulations on getting certified and again, congratulations for topping the written test!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Congratulations Tejas!

A wonderful thread that encapsulates what it takes to polish one's skills and get such a certification.

It would be a good idea to do offroad training camps in major cities - not just for the Jeeps and Gypsys, but also the LWD stock 4x4s. The Fortuner camps were too basic, would be great to do a 2 day camp where one learns and practices more advanced stuff. I would sign up in a heartbeat.

Another topic you might want to cover in your courses - what it takes to maintain a vehicle after offroading sessions. E.g. what all elements to check, clean, lubricate etc. Our ASCs have very little clue about this.
Thanks. Yup, working on different courses and costings. Infact i had spoken to Guderian a while ago if they were interested in training for soft roading.

Shall keep the post OTR tips in mind. Infact shall make a series on the FB page soon. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Congrats Tejas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Tejas

Congratulations on this achievement and to think of it you were introduced into this just a couple of years ago.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Congratulations Tejas, this IS a great achievement ! Next time you are in München, let me know, it would be great to meet up with Indias only certified 4wd trainer.
Viel Glück
Spike
Thanks. Probably next year i'll be there. Where are you based? My usual Germany trips are Cologne, Dusseldorf and Munich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post

But its mostly the need that will guide you in the self learning process & its also the "Urge" that will take you there.

Best of luck for future plans, but please do not let the commercial part take over more than necessary, it ruins good things in life.

Sudarshan
Rightly said. One has to want to learn.

Dentistry is my main source of bread and butter and won't ruin the good things in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Congratulations Tejas on taking it to the next level. This is a great achievement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Congratulations Dr. Tejas.
Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 16:55   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dentistry is my main source of bread and butter and won't ruin the good things in life.
Congratulations Tejas. Every time you look at a potholed set of teeth, you will be seeing off-road obstacles and the techniques to be used to ride over those. I hope you do not end up saying "That is a perfect track for an advanced 4-wd off-road training session"
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks