Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2017, 23:51   #31
BHPian

By fitness, I meant no medical issues. Rest everything is in mind. I just completed my sixth desert storm (as rally official) in a Thar last week.

I enjoyed every moment.

Last July, Leh to Chandigarh, straight. 32 hours. All in Thar. Behind wheel.

Yeah, same feeling.

But I feel the same in gypsy too. Couple years back, rangdum to chd. One go.

Give me a car, and i get tired in 4 hours.

Last edited by wanderhermit : 12th February 2017 at 00:00.
wanderhermit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 12:37   #32
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar: How to make it more comfortable?

I have a 2015 Model Crde Thar and have covered 25K Kms in it. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...d-edition.html

This is my primary vehicle and a secondary one for home. Things I have done to make it more comfortable/suitable.

1. Rear Innova Folding Seats. + Mechanism to tumble front passenger seat to gain entry to rear. (70% its me or two of us only)

2. A Subwoofer locked underneath the drivers seat.

3. 2 Sony Speakers Locked in the Rear Seat Frame (A Single Din Faceplate Sony Audiosystem )

4. Roof Rack for Extra Luggage.

5. Upholstered the door pads the sun visors and all the seats for a matching look.

6. Have added 10 Clasp Buttons on the Canvas Roof Edges to reduce dust ingress especially the rear flap.

7. Changed IRVM to that of a Bolero GLX Day Night

8. Central + Remote Locking for Convenience + FlipKeys Mod again for Convenience.

I have been enjoying every km of the drive and I swear there is not another vehicle in India in this Price Bracket that gives you the thrill, the go ability , the off the road confidence and on the road presence.

People talk about ABS and Air bag but I live in a hill station where Boleros and Scorpios dominate the scene and they are all in the same soup like me.

People talk about theft and I say I keep nothing there to let them steal.

People talk about the hefty price point and I say Good Things dont Come Cheap.

People talk about Mileage and I Say 10kmpl isnt that bad.

And there are people who complain about the rear seats. yeah if you happen to be the only one in the rear you go for a toss, but if 3-4 of you are there then its no worse then a Bolero or a Scorpio.

Then there seems to be a problem with the opposite sex, well mine loves it as much as I do and is always eager to drive it too.

Cheers to all the buddies here who drive/own/love a M&M Thar Crde and a silent prayer to our Late Mr Behram for having brought out the Icon where it stands today.
Dr_MNC_SK is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 13:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_MNC_SK View Post
.............I have been enjoying every km of the drive and I swear there is not another vehicle in India in this Price Bracket that gives you the thrill, the go ability , the off the road confidence and on the road presence...........

.........Cheers to all the buddies here who drive/own/love a M&M Thar Crde and a silent prayer to our Late Mr Behram for having brought out the Icon where it stands today.
I second you, Dr_MNC_SK, on both counts; the sheer presence of the Thar on the road and more importantly, the silent tribute to the late Mr. Behram Dhabhar, who nurtured this iconic vehicle.

After consulting the experts on this forum, I had decided to go ahead and buy the Thar but just read reports that M&M is in the process of releasing a new version of the Thar soon.

I am in a quandary. Buy 2015 edition or wait for the latest. A no brainer would be to wait but given the track record of the design team of M&M, there is a risk that what is finally introduced will have no resemblance to the classic we all adore.
Zezé is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 14:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
I am in a quandary. Buy 2015 edition or wait for the latest. A no brainer would be to wait but given the track record of the design team of M&M, there is a risk that what is finally introduced will have no resemblance to the classic we all adore.
Maybe you can wait. If you do not like the design, you could then buy the current one. Seems unlikely that dealers would have run out of existing stocks by then.
Old 27th March 2017, 08:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
A sandbag at the back or a heavy flywheel bolted to the back floor helps. The sandbag is cheap and best, just ensure it is tied securely.
I have reupholstered my seats heavily but it's not much help.
I have installed Ironman shocks and while high-speed roll and pitch is well controlled, low speed ride has become choppy like a Gypsy��.

I carry loads regularly so CFL is not an option.

Can we install sprung seats like lorry/ busdriver seats?
I have put in a sandbag (approx 25kgs) and wow what a difference it makes to the ride quality,vastly improved.
I had same issue with my Bolero sportz and Scorpio CRDE 2.6 -both were on leaf springs.Lived with it for 9+ years..
I wish had tried this .
Thanks a million.
cheers!!
Old 2nd April 2017, 14:53   #36
KMT
BHPian

Good to hear, Som further minor tweaks-
Go 2x 25 and tie them to the floor.
Double bag them so if the inner bag tears you won't have a mess in the car.
Be sure to secure it to the floor ok.
KMT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 18:21   #37
BHPian

Good Day All,
I know its been a while since this thread has been out but since 2017 there are quite a few upgrades that are available for suspension upgrades for the Thar Crde to make the ride better. I have also read about the ARC suspension nightmare that some folks have had and I'm glad i did because i was considering the upgrade soon. Will sleep on that for now, however was still looking on some input on them either ways for the thar if anyone here has installed them with the anti roll bar and CFL. I have a 2018 Crde and was looking for someway besides sand bags to make the ride and stability better.
Old 27th November 2021, 21:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Upgrade the seats. And/or upgrade the seat covers. This will make a lot of difference. You can replace the the original seats with much better quality seats usually taken from a wrecked up market car e.g. Audi, Mercedes, Toyota. You can also install padded seat covers.
If you replace shocks or springs, you will spend a lot of money on something that may give you only minimally more comfort or "better ride"....whatever one thinks that is.
DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 10:30   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
You can also install padded seat covers.
Adding pads to a stock seat reduces the actual 'sitting' area thereby losing big time on comfort. But that is my experience.
KkVaidya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks