Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2021, 12:19   #16
BHPian

re: Unfortunate & regrettable buying experience with Azad 4x4 | EDIT - now resolved!

Absolutely horrible. Can only imagine your friend's heartache. Hits very close to home as I had a similar experience with Balaji of Vin4x4 in Bangalore. Despite warnings from fellow offroaders, I decided to give him a shot in designing a custom canopy for my Isuzu. Took an advance of 20k with a promise of delivering in one month. After 8 months of agony, I ended up buying a readymade canopy. Never got the 20k back as apparently Balaji does product research using customer's money.

Anyways let me not hijack your thread. I recommend getting it fixed at a local body shop and end your misery instead of the constant follow ups that usually never go anywhere.

Having said that, I bought a steel wheel from Inu of Azad and it went without a hitch.
Tassem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 12:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Unfortunate & regrettable buying experience with Azad 4x4 | EDIT - now resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
I ordered a hard top for my 1st gen Mahindra Thar in Pune. Horrible fit. Had to finally redo the whole thing
I am currently in the process of doing same except it's Bimbra designed top. Does Azad use same design? They look the same at first sight.

Lesson learnt the hard way. I didn't imagine there will be so many poorly designed components that just don't fit the vehicle. Or may be I put too much faith in them.

My father saw the fabricated brackets that came with HT and described them as "country made" - a word used for jugaad welding work done by road side in a jiffy. No way someone actually took measures of the car and then fabricated it. We eventually ended up cutting, grinding, bending, welding new mounting points that one freaking bracket.
Now, if it rusts, that will be the final nail in the coffin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
As per latest update, Isnt this top is currently being repainted and damage repaired by seller at BAT4x4 and seller is paying for all this.
It is but I wonder how they are going to fix inherent poor quality? In the OP, he has mentioned that the top is thin as wafers and simply can't handle advertised 50kg weight limit. They can grind and paint and polish as much they want but for 2.3L this seems terrible deal.

Quote:
The top of the canopy is rated to lift 50kg in theory only. The slightest pressure on the top and it will crumble like a tin can. It is beyond acceptable for a price that would just about buy someone a brand new Maruti Alto 800 with enough metal to build one with top quality metal.

Last edited by amol4184 : 12th February 2021 at 12:32.
amol4184 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 12:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
I am currently in the process of doing same except it's Bimbra designed top. Does Azad use same design? They look the same at first sight.

Lesson learnt the hard way. I didn't imagine there will be so many poorly designed components that just don't fit the vehicle. Or may be I put too much faith in them.

My father saw the fabricated brackets that came with HT and described them as "country made" - a word used for jugaad welding work done by road side in a jiffy. No way someone actually took measures of the car and then fabricated it. We eventually ended up cutting, grinding, bending, welding new mounting points that one freaking bracket.
Now, if it rusts, that will be the final nail in the coffin.
I've heard that Bimbra is better than Azad 4X4 but the best way to get a hard top is to drive to their premises, and get it fitted. Shipping doesn't work well. The reason also has to do with the Thar, whose tub has wide variations in measurements etc. So, if you drive down and get it fitted, the fit and finish will be better.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 13:27   #19
BHPian

By and large, it is a clear case of improper packing and transportation. Didn't the seller send you detailed closeup images of the canopy before packing? It is easy to verify it that way.
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 14:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

This more or less looks like a donor part from a used/running car rather than a brand new factory piece. Maybe someone swapped things somewhere at some stage. No way is this acceptable. How can one sleep peacefully at night after providing such product/service to customers ?

Perhaps they thought this is going for a 4X4 rough off road vehicle, why not present a butch roughed up canopy to look the part !
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 14:28   #21

Wow. This has really opened my eyes. Please take a screenshot of this group and send it to Azad 4X4. I was planning to approach them for my to be delivered Thar. This is absolutely horrible and I'll never go to these folks. Will warn my friend circle as well. Very sorry to see what you've gone through here.
rudrakshmahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 14:48   #22
BHPian

While I can understand the pain of having to shell out sums of money and not getting a product that lives upto your standards (and having been though it multiple times with many people on a daily basis) , we must agree this is a forum. Mr chadha is related to me and I feel he does not have a voice, I'll try and get in touch and see his side of the story.
mkaysaw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 15:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I just posted a #fail review on their google page. Suggest all interested members do this.

These guys need to be taught a serious lesson in ethics! Bomb them!
They deserve this. I just posted a 1* review to them. Reading through WhatsApp communication, I see too much arrogance with Azad owner as well. Hope the customer gets full refund.
Kashi053 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 15:41   #24
BHPian

Take that vendor to court. You didn't pay such a huge amount for this. Speak to a lawyer and see if anything can be done. If you're lucky and win this case you will come back with a lot of cash and other future owners can show this as a reference and win their case too. These guys think we are fools. We no longer are. The guy got advance from you to send it for painting and started painting almost a fortnight later. When you buy something for a vehicle that you love, uo
OctYFAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 16:12   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Even I suggest you file a consumer court suit against him. 2.28L is damn expensive and day light robbery for what is a fiberglass shell. Heck you get a second hand almost new Alto for that price. Do not leave this guy go scot free. They deserve to be taught a lesson.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 17:56   #26
BHPian

Just got in touch with Mr Inu chadha. He makes some valid points. I think the best thing to do here would be for both parties to talk and find a solution which suits both comfortably. Consumer courts and "bombs" aside, a cool mind on both sides would yield faster, better results.
P.S: Request everyone not to shoot the messenger, I just saw someone being vocal about being in pain for the money they paid and the other side not having voice, to which I intervened.
Attached Thumbnails
Unfortunate & regrettable buying experience with Azad 4x4 | EDIT - now resolved!-screenshot_20210212174539.jpg  

Unfortunate & regrettable buying experience with Azad 4x4 | EDIT - now resolved!-screenshot_20210212174416.jpg  

Unfortunate & regrettable buying experience with Azad 4x4 | EDIT - now resolved!-screenshot_20210212175646.jpg  

Last edited by mkaysaw : 12th February 2021 at 17:57. Reason: Missed a screenshot
mkaysaw is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 18:13   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaysaw View Post
P.S: Request everyone not to shoot the messenger, I just saw someone being vocal about being in pain for the money they paid and the other side not having voice, to which I intervened.
Not shooting you at all mkaysaw. Appreciate your intervention as well. But, answer me this: you go to a Maruti dealer and pay him for a Maruti 800. A sum of ₹3,00,000/- and are waiting for the car to reach the stockyard. It gets delayed and you still stay cool because you are waiting for the best.

After several followups something shows up at the dealer’s yard. A Maruti 800 with all sides scratched and the boot lock doesn’t open. It is missing linkages, Bolts, etc. The product appears used and is faintly not resembling Maruti standards. You look closely at the window and the windows look like they have been hand stuck and the beading is fragmented.

The dealer tells you: sorry I chose Safexpress to deliver this after paying 12000 for delivery and 3000 for packaging.

But I will:

- Paint the car.
- Replace the window rubber
- Locks will be fixed at the dealer.
- We have been selling lakhs of Marutis for 37 years and have been a leader in this segment
- Our reputation is at top and we take this seriously but at the seriousness of your hard earned money and not ours
- Customer is creating unnecessary noise, all this is normal for us because we often deliver substandard products at 6 digit prices

What would be your reaction? I’ll tell you mine, I’ll drag Maruti’s sorry behind to court if he doesn’t manage to deal with this appropriately and refund my money. And, Navroze is going to do just that.

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th February 2021 at 18:26.
moralfibre is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 18:14   #28
BHPian

Here's my empathetical self speaking from experience. I had my Thar 700( 2019) model done up with hardtop and a sun roof from a reputed modifying group in chennai. The Sun roof brand was webasto and I was assured that the work will be top notch. I spent around Rs.1.5 lacs on the mods and the vehicle was in the workshop for 25 days
And this is how it came back
Unfortunate & regrettable buying experience with Azad 4x4 | EDIT - now resolved!-tharsunroof.jpg

The Sunroof leaks worse than an ill maintained govt bus and the workmanship was shoddy, to put it mildly. Now, I went three times to his place and he did his best but the leaks on the sunroof didn't stop. Hence the duct tape. Whenever I travel my kids love the sunroof and they have a blast and I have made peace with my OCD and had a workaround. The point is, never try to go back to the guy who cheated you but instead take it up upon yourself to finetune the mistakes that can be corrected and live with the ones that cant. V-Cross and Thar are beasts which go to uncharted territory and that's the fun of owning one. Overcome the fact that you've got a raw deal and make the best of the worst here.
Neil Roy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 18:23   #29
BHPian

Just got another message.
Attached Thumbnails
Unfortunate & regrettable buying experience with Azad 4x4 | EDIT - now resolved!-screenshot_20210212181942.jpg  

Unfortunate & regrettable buying experience with Azad 4x4 | EDIT - now resolved!-screenshot_20210212181928.jpg  

mkaysaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 18:27   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaysaw View Post
Just got another message.
I think the seller is missing the point here. Delayed delivery can still be digested, mediocre quality and substandard products cannot be accepted. Please help your friend understand that.
moralfibre is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks