Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2023, 22:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unfortunate & regrettable buying experience with Azad 4x4 | EDIT - now resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
OT: What use is a 3/4 canopy - in the sense, what's the 1/4 useful for ? There's hardly any space left in that 1/4. Have seen many a Gypsy like that, but not able to understand this
The rear bulkhead comes down right about where the rear axle hubs are, so there is a surprising amount of space. In the rearmost 1/4 I have carried gas cylinders, punctured tyres, bricks, the odd human being outside....lots of things. It has been VERY handy in fact. My rear bulkhead leaves room inside for secured luggage for two, groceries, the mate to the outside human being...It works quite well.

The point I was trying to make, though, is that well done modification is possible in india. The talent exists.
Attached Thumbnails
Unfortunate & regrettable buying experience with Azad 4x4 | EDIT - now resolved!-dsc01628.jpeg  

Last edited by DirtyDan : 26th November 2023 at 22:43. Reason: qqqq
DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 22:37   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unfortunate & regrettable buying experience with Azad 4x4 | EDIT - now resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
The rear bulkhead comes down right about where the rear axle hubs are, so there is a surprising amount of space. .
Agree on the space for secure luggage space.

However, horses for courses ? For the stuff I carry, I could actually remove the rear bench seats from the Gypsy.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 20:57   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Bimbra has done good work for me on a fiberglass top for my 2018 Thar.
I also had a sheet metal guy do GREAT work on my 2013 Thar 3/4 cap. It can be done.
Good points about time and patience. Even if we have the time and patience finding the right guy for sheet metal work is tough. It might become a case of trial and error.
I have to chew upon what you said and decide since canopy is a must for me. Thanks for the inputs.
Old 21st March 2024, 06:20   #64

Damn, I was planning to go to these guys for accessories in hoskote, Bangalore. This thread saved me a 400km drive. Anyone knows where I can install legit spares and accessories for that in Bangalore that does not offer payments in kidneys?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks