Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 09:16   #106
BHPian

Jeep looks good, like the wheels, but don't you need to put those bars at the back, (I don't know that they are called) for safety, if the jeep ever rolls over.
Old 4th August 2009, 12:53   #107

After reviewing the 'Jeep threads' i am planning to modify MM540 into a wrangler. could anyone please assist me with the following queries:
-The length and width of MM540 bonet (bonet only) in inches [appox.]
- length between two wheel drums [appox.](front and rear) please mark from the centre of the front drum to centre of rear drum.
- Total length of the vehicle [approx].(excluding bumper).
Old 5th August 2009, 00:28   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
the 4x4 single leaver removed and a double leaver assy fitted as i wanted to get 2wd low function operational.
In my 3B which has the twin lever transfer case it is not possible to engage the low ratio without engaging the 4WD mode!!!
So I don't know whether its possible to engage the same in your jeep???
Old 5th August 2009, 13:58   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
In my 3B which has the twin lever transfer case it is not possible to engage the low ratio without engaging the 4WD mode!!!
So I don't know whether its possible to engage the same in your jeep???
Hi Harjeev its possible you got to do a small mod for that, and it does work.
Old 26th August 2009, 19:44   #110
BHPian

Hi Wicked Wheels !!

Congratulations for the magnificent build and the new addition. The Jeep sure does look `Wicked'. I personally liked the look of the gypsy modded wheels. Will be keeping a close watch on the 550 thread. Please do send me a link if you have already started it.

regards
Old 28th August 2009, 02:09   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_maniac View Post
Hi Wicked Wheels !!

Congratulations for the magnificent build and the new addition. The Jeep sure does look `Wicked'. I personally liked the look of the gypsy modded wheels. Will be keeping a close watch on the 550 thread. Please do send me a link if you have already started it.

regards
Thanks man, I too loved the gypsy set up but i am selling it and every body wants alloys. I have started work on the 550 its going to totally stock as per customer requirement, yes i have sold it too. i had started a thread on the 550 in the vehicle section i will up date it soon. as for me i have another jeep and another project comming up as soon as the black jeep is sold.
Old 29th August 2009, 19:14   #112
BHPian

From what I you have written I can make out that building/ restoring Jeeps is quite addictive !! I am also hardly done with my Willys but I am already itching for another project to start. I will be following the 550 thread. Do keep me updated on your other Jeep and the future project you have mentioned here.

regards
Old 15th September 2009, 12:14   #113
BHPian

Nice Tires

Wicked wheels, I like the snorkel and the bikini top on your black jeep. All in all this is an excellent build.
Strangely I have a snorkle that im working on that looks the same. came of a cielo at a screap yard. I guess the funnel shape of the front end makes it the best candidate for a snorkle tube.
I must say them tyres look really mean. How much did they cost you and where do you buy them.
Old 15th October 2009, 00:34   #114

hey nice work man keep it up
Old 5th January 2010, 18:55   #115
BHPian

well done mate. That's one beast people would have an eye for, good job!
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:09   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Roadie View Post
Wicked wheels, I like the snorkel and the bikini top on your black jeep. All in all this is an excellent build.
Strangely I have a snorkle that im working on that looks the same. came of a cielo at a screap yard. I guess the funnel shape of the front end makes it the best candidate for a snorkle tube.
I must say them tyres look really mean. How much did they cost you and where do you buy them.
Hi 4x4Roadie, thanks man. Yes the snorkle is a cielo one slightly modded. The tires are Maxiss mudzillas 31x10.5-15 i have a dealer who imports them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grounddesigns View Post
hey nice work man keep it up
Hi grounddesigns, thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
well done mate. That's one beast people would have an eye for, good job!
Hi wrongturn, thanks she is one hell of a beast offroad but did not really get to push her to the limit lets see the next otr i might.
Old 20th June 2010, 01:19   #117

Hi Whicked wheel,
I have mostly refered your thread for making of my MM540, its now in the finishing stage of the Mechanical work, was trying out with various combinations of tyres to suit the look.
Initially i also tried with Maxix Mudzilla off road tyres but the same was not readily available, later checked with 235 75R15 - Scorpio tyre but the front wheels were getting in contact with the suspension(leaf spring). The supplier suggested me to go with 215 / 205 ( Bolero make) else with Gypsy tyres F78 x 15.
As the Fitness certificate is due for renewal, i need to understand what modifications were made on your MM540 before going with Maxis Mudzilla.
Please acknowledge & respond.

Nishand R
Old 21st June 2010, 12:02   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishand.R View Post
Hi Whicked wheel,
I have mostly refered your thread for making of my MM540, its now in the finishing stage of the Mechanical work, was trying out with various combinations of tyres to suit the look.
Initially i also tried with Maxix Mudzilla off road tyres but the same was not readily available, later checked with 235 75R15 - Scorpio tyre but the front wheels were getting in contact with the suspension(leaf spring). The supplier suggested me to go with 215 / 205 ( Bolero make) else with Gypsy tyres F78 x 15.
As the Fitness certificate is due for renewal, i need to understand what modifications were made on your MM540 before going with Maxis Mudzilla.
Please acknowledge & respond.

Nishand R
Need to have a negative offset rims to fit those broad tyre to avoid it from rubbing the suspension lot of alloy rim are available in market.
Old 26th June 2010, 11:54   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
Just a few changes done, the 4x4 single leaver removed and a double leaver assy fitted as i wanted to get 2wd low function operational.
May I know in what applications will the 4x2 Low mode will help you? As far as theory is concerned you will need 4x2 Low ratio gear only when your payload is above the max limit (say more than 500kg) or tow load of may be a ton, and you have miles of tarmac ahead of you before your reach your destination.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks