Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 13:19   #61
BHPian

Re: Bolero SLX 4x4 conversion project

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
the Armada has front leaf spring suspension where in Bolero its indignant one.

for Armada its a bolt on job , but the bolero chassis has to be modified to fit the front live axle.

& this modification is not simple & reliable in long term.

so other option is swapping chassis with new 4x4 one from dealer or getting it from second hand market.

in first option you need money & lots of it.
the chassis---------------------60k (second hand 10K)
FFRA (left off set one)+OKBJ)---70K (second hand ? )
T-18---------------------------20K (second hand ? )
misc. parts --------------------40K+ (second hand ? )
labor ---------------------------?
(all fig are approx)
& if you get the second hand parts the problem of legality arises (chassis no. on RC book).
also chassis can be miss aligned too.
axles tubes can be bended ones.
& at last reliability is no where compared to factory one.

my advice will be sell bolero & get 4x4 Thar mdi or second hand 4x4 bolero/armada/invader/marshal. (all are available in box section chassis aka NGCS)

rgds,
Nikhil

EDIT:
+1 to Tini.
parts are rare & good mechanic is amost impossible. (at least in my locality)
How feasible is it to convert a Bolero DI 2wd to 4wd.

Since Bolero DI comes with rigid leaf suspension in front and rear only, does this require any chassis modifications or just adding a T18 TC to the NGT520 GB sufficient?
Old 14th June 2012, 18:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bolero SLX 4x4 conversion project

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
H
Since Bolero DI comes with rigid leaf suspension in front and rear only, does this require any chassis modifications or just adding a T18 TC to the NGT520 GB sufficient?
  • front AXLE assembly
  • GB + T18 (or BW TC)
  • if you use T18 a right offset FFRA (diff towards drivers side)
  • other mics parts like prop shaft, FWH, TC gear lever.
rgds,
Nikhil

BTW these are just AFAIK list.

i have not done such conversion.

Last edited by jeepster : 14th June 2012 at 18:06.
Old 20th June 2012, 09:41   #63
BHPian

Hey nikil there is a marshal di 4x4 for sale the jeep is in good condition but he is asking 2.5 for it. As for booking a new bolero di turbo 4x4 it could be a long wait as there is no coordination between the company and the dealer just cancelled my booking as I was supposed to get the delivery in the end May when asked about it was told I will go into production in mid of June and the showroom did not even have a booking no for it from the company.
Old 21st April 2021, 15:09   #64
BHPian

Contemplating Bolero LWB 4WD conversion

Hello respected members,

I have got several questions lingering in my mind regarding conversion of a 2WD Bolero DI LWB to 4WD.

1. If I am correct, the front propeller shaft length [or maybe the part number] should be same for Bolero LX 4WD, Bolero Camper/Pickup 4WD & Thar DI 4WD, provided the setup uses 57" OKBJ front differential with NGT520 + T-18 setup combination.

2. Will the rear propeller shaft of SWB Bolero 2WD could fit in LWB Bolero 4WD ?

I am assuming the NGT520 + T-18 setup combination length reduces the propeller shaft length in 4WD setup if used in LWB Bolero. If not, then where to get the exact part number for the rear propeller shaft for LWB Bolero 4WD.

Mahindra Dealers here in Punjab have no idea about the existence of such a Bolero with LWB, that too in 4WD version.

Since, I want to procure genuine front and rear propeller shafts, Please help me on this.

regards,
MB4DI
Old 21st July 2021, 15:21   #65

Converting a 2WD MDI jeep into 4WD

Hi members of the group,
This is my first post on the forum so please excuse my mistakes. I'm not going to waste much time and get to the topic. I own a 1996 model CJ 500 MDI 2WD. which has been part of the family for the last 22 years. Needless to say there are a lot of sentiments attached to it. Infact the first thing I did upon attaining legal driving age was restore it. The engine is absolute gold (touchwood) , hence nothing much was needed in the way of restoring the engine but the body needed a lot of work. Given the fact that I live in a coastal town and the jeep is constantly exposed to a lot of mud slush, rains, saline water and moisture in the atmosphere. Now coming to the point I wish to convert the 2wd into 4WD. But I'm worried I'll mess up a perfectly good Jeep and ruin the reliability of the vehicle. Please advice on the implications of converting a 2WD to 4WD. Where it can be done and what are the vehicles that I can consider as doner cars for parts?
Shravan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks