Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 18:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisajid View Post
I have a 2008 scorpio, it has always been serviced at authorized station, in secunderabad i have been away from india for past 3 years my wife says for very service they are charging aroung 15,000 is it the right price my car seldom goes out except for once in a while trip to vellore from hyderabad,,,is a regular chargefor service or they charging extra my wife doesnt comprehend why they have charged so much once the car did not even do 4000 kms and my wife called them for service as it had been 5 mnths since it went for service they charged 16,000 rupees..its chaffuer driven i think my driver and service station have tied up or is it the regular bill
hi ali, no second thoughts about this- you are being ripped off. 16,000 is an absurd amount for general servicing. you should take this matter to the higher officials of mahindra.

i am listing the servicing charges of my scorpio for your reference-

5000 kms: Rs. 1545/-

10,000 kms: Rs. 145/-

15,000 kms: Rs. 641/-

20,000 Service: Rs. 4886/-

25,000 service: Rs. 4727/-

30,000 kms service: Rs. 1500/-

Last edited by raj_5004 : 4th March 2010 at 18:41.
Old 4th March 2010, 20:26   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@alisajid:

Scorpio requires an oil change in the first 5K kilometers and then only every 15K kms after that. The other 5K services are purely inspections. They are definitely ripping you off. Next time insist that you want to do only what is mentioned in the service manual !!
Old 5th March 2010, 15:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Pure daylight robbery. Have you checked the service bill? They would have to list out all the jobs done to merit such a high price. If possible scan and post the service cost break up here itself.
Old 7th September 2010, 14:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisajid View Post
I have a 2008 scorpio, it has always been serviced at authorized station, in secunderabad i have been away from india for past 3 years my wife says for very service they are charging aroung 15,000 is it the right price my car seldom goes out except for once in a while trip to vellore from hyderabad,,,is a regular chargefor service or they charging extra my wife doesnt comprehend why they have charged so much once the car did not even do 4000 kms and my wife called them for service as it had been 5 mnths since it went for service they charged 16,000 rupees..its chaffuer driven i think my driver and service station have tied up or is it the regular bill
i am more surprised, why this was not caught by someone at the dealer itself, since this was going to the ASC, there would be full records

AliSajid, I think if you escalate to the right people I am pretty much confident that the dealer would be forced to return you the money, and it is not about the money here, it is about bringing in notice to the correct officials at M&M and even the owner of the dealership, as I am sure no one in thier right mind can do this way, so someone at the other end was really short sighted, it is important to put a stop to this, god know how many such cases go un-reported

another of my friend, whose aged Mom leaves alone here in Pune, every six months her driver takes her Zen for service to a nearby garage, and the bill is always above Rs.5000

I have owner a Zen for almost 10 years and in 10 years i must have not spent more than Rs 15,000/- excluding consumables

why do people cheat so much
Old 10th January 2011, 19:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: M&M Getaway Differential in a Scorpio?

@Spikey: I'm contemplating on getting the Getaway and would request you to clarify a few things:
  1. Is the Gear Box & Final Drive ration between the 2.6CRDe Scorpio & Getaway same of different.
  2. Does its have a Limited Slip Differential up front and rear.
  3. Can you please give me an equipment list as the dealer/area office don't seem to have any kind of brochure on the Getaway.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 17th January 2011, 17:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@Spikey: I'm contemplating on getting the Getaway and would request you to clarify a few things:
  1. Is the Gear Box & Final Drive ration between the 2.6CRDe Scorpio & Getaway same of different.
  2. Does its have a Limited Slip Differential up front and rear.
  3. Can you please give me an equipment list as the dealer/area office don't seem to have any kind of brochure on the Getaway.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Getaway does not have a LSD
Other related information is available here:
Scorpio Specifications | Mahindra SUV Offers | Best Suvs | Mid Size Vehicle
Brochure here:
http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/downl...E-Brochure.zip

Good luck with your purchase.
Old 17th January 2011, 18:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Getaway does not have a LSD
Other related information is available here:
Scorpio Specifications | Mahindra SUV Offers | Best Suvs | Mid Size Vehicle
Brochure here:
http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/downl...E-Brochure.zip

Good luck with your purchase.
There is hardly any info about the Getaway on the website. Like it comes only in BS-III compliant 2.6CRDe engine.
Old 17th January 2011, 18:12   #23
BANNED

Quote:
There is hardly any info about the Getaway on the website. Like it comes only in BS-III compliant 2.6CRDe engine.
I have done this research Anirban. The Getaway doesn't have an LSD but there are LSDs that can be fitted to it that are shipped as part of export SC/DC Scorpios.
Old 17th January 2011, 18:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have told you na baba, what more info do you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I have done this research Anirban. The Getaway doesn't have an LSD but there are LSDs that can be fitted to it that are shipped as part of export SC/DC Scorpios.
Spike
Old 17th January 2011, 18:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have done this research Anirban.
Who is Anirban ?
Quote:
The Getaway doesn't have an LSD but there are LSDs that can be fitted to it that are shipped as part of export SC/DC Scorpios.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
I have told you na baba, what more info do you want?
Yes you gave me the info. Thank you for that Baba Spike Arrestor! Dissipating knowledge in piecemeal basis to us knowledge hungry souls. BTW do you really want to know what I want

Cheers

Last edited by MileCruncher : 17th January 2011 at 18:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks